Duke Game... | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a team how many good catches have we made all yr? maybe 3-4? not even hard catches. we stalled 2-3 drives in that half just not making simple plays

we must be the worst team in the history of football at running a QB sneak. it was 7 on 4 and lost a yd

just run the ball a little and throw some play action.. dont make it so complicated.. the oline cant do anything so dumb it down
Very short memory? Dungey would read the stacked middle and take two steps to his left and pick up five yards and run over a safety.

I truly feel right now that I am in a one sided abusive relationship. Is there such a thing as battered fan syndrome?

Except she's a psycho chick who will cut the sleeves off your suit coats if you ditch her.

Neither. It was Pena. He won't see the field again.

Why? The throw was behind him and thrown to him almost immediately after he turned. It may have been catchable but it wasn’t a good throw.

Very short memory? Dungey would read the stacked middle and take two steps to his left and pick up five yards and run over a safety.
he was awful too.. you should be at 90% not 50/50.

as a team how many good catches have we made all yr? maybe 3-4? not even hard catches. we stalled 2-3 drives in that half just not making simple plays

They change the trajectory of the first half if the receivers helped.

Too Many (& Useless) Half-time Thoughts:
  • Our receivers need to be better at catching the ball. We had like 3 or 4 drops in the first half (the Courtney Jackson third down drop was BAD).
  • Our offensive line isn't good enough but they haven't been as bad as they were week 1 and 2.
  • We throw once to our tight ends all game and we get a pass interference and just decide never to go back to that well. I wonder how much of that is the OC (I think most of it) and how much is the QB not looking their way enough (I think a bit of it)
  • DeVito running out of bounds to take a sack instead of just tossing it out of bounds will never not drive me nuts.
  • The drops are inexcusable but DeVito doesn't really do the small things right when throwing. The screen to Queeley was harder and higher than it needed to be. Queeley was open on the streak in the first and was missed. Nykiem had his guy beaten and the ball went in between him and the other receiver. The bomb to Johnson was under thrown but Johnson needs to fight for the ball harder than that.
  • Cantin-Arku, our middle linebacker, deciding not to wrap up on that last touchdown was awful.
  • That first touchdown pass to Harris was a beauty.
  • I'd like to see us throw the ball to Tucker more. It worked twice in the first half.
  • THROW THE BALL OVER THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.
  • Our defensive line is getting no pressure but Duke is doing a really good job of getting the ball out quickly and getting the QB out of the pocket occasionally. I'd like to see us do something similar.
  • The young guys in the secondary are solid in pass coverage but they need to learn how to wrap up.
  • In general, our offense needs to be much better. We have a +3 turnover differential and are down 10. Should have taken the points instead of the QB sneak considering how sparse points have been with this offense. It should be tied at half but a kicker flop and failed QB sneak 4th down conversion has us down 10. I've got ZERO faith our offense has the ability to make up a 10 point deficit. It'll have to be another turnover or big special teams play.
  • This is not a good football team...

Too Many (& Useless) Half-time Thoughts:
  • Our receivers need to be better at catching the ball. We had like 3 or 4 drops in the first half (the Courtney Jackson third down drop was BAD).
  • Our offensive line isn't good enough but they haven't been as bad as they were week 1 and 2.
  • We throw once to our tight ends all game and we get a pass interference and just decide never to go back to that well. I wonder how much of that is the OC (I think most of it) and how much is the QB not looking their way enough (I think a bit of it)
  • DeVito running out of bounds to take a sack instead of just tossing it out of bounds will never not drive me nuts.
  • The drops are inexcusable but DeVito doesn't really do the small things right when throwing. The screen to Queeley was harder and higher than it needed to be. Queeley was open on the streak in the first and was missed. Nykiem had his guy beaten and the ball went in between him and the other receiver. The bomb to Johnson was under thrown but Johnson needs to fight for the ball harder than that.
  • Cantin-Arku, our middle linebacker, deciding not to wrap up on that last touchdown was awful.
  • That first touchdown pass to Harris was a beauty.
  • I'd like to see us throw the ball to Tucker more. It worked twice in the first half.
  • THROW THE BALL OVER THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.
  • Our defensive line is getting no pressure but Duke is doing a really good job of getting the ball out quickly and getting the QB out of the pocket occasionally. I'd like to see us do something similar.
  • The young guys in the secondary are solid in pass coverage but they need to learn how to wrap up.
  • In general, our offense needs to be much better. We have a +3 turnover differential and are down 10. Should have taken the points instead of the QB sneak considering how sparse points have been with this offense. It should be tied at half but a kicker flop and failed QB sneak 4th down conversion has us down 10. I've got ZERO faith our offense has the ability to make up a 10 point deficit. It'll have to be another turnover or big special teams play.
  • This is not a good football team...

It wasn't 3-4. It's at minimum 6.

4/13 for TD. Receivers aren’t helping today. Good lord what a difference a season and a half makes

If I could get one thing fir the second half it would be fir us to play more physical. We just aren’t playing with any physicality on either side of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.