Duke Game... | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s also been out of position on a few runs but I agree he needs to be in.
Yes he has missed a tackle as well.. He needs to get more experience.. I think he has the highest upside of our LB's

With this roster, why didn’t we take transfers? They see these guys every day and thought they were ok at wr.

Some Bad Football here in year 5. Plenty of comments about Devito, but this has to be some of very worst wide receiver play I have seen. Same can be said for the Linebacker play - at least Today. In my humble opinion this is what you get when you prioritize and bring in a certain kind of athlete, instead of a certain kind of football player. Difficult to watch. Why is this team not well prepared after a bye week.

Yeah. It's easy to pile on Devito on this board especially since his father posts here, but the receivers are more to blame than he is today.

We stink. It’s embarrassing that Dino is tying his legacy to a QB that has absolutely no feel for the game.

Agreed but there's literally no one else. Our WR and QB recruiting has been end of the P era bad. Our backup is a guy with less accuracy then a 1700s brown bess musket, a Rs frosh in Summer who isn't ready to start at D3 Utica less here and 2 frosh QBs who combined had 1 Power 5 offer, us.

We stink. It’s embarrassing that Dino is tying his legacy to a QB that has absolutely no feel for the game.
And the 4 or 5 times a game he makes a nice throw on his first (and only) read, we inevitably drop it.

Can we try a trick play? We need a gimmick-y play because we haven't put together a single strong drive

Yeah. It's easy to pile on Devito on this board especially since his father posts here, but the receivers are more to blame than he is today.
100%

Agreed but there's literally no one else. Our WR and QB recruiting has been end of the P era bad. Our backup is a guy with less accuracy then a 1700s brown bess musket, a Rs frosh in Summer who isn't ready to start at D3 Utica less here and 2 frosh QBs who combined had 1 Power 5 offer, us.

there’s a reason we were looking at transfers. Is what it is at this point.

At this point I would throw the freshman in this game. Duke’s defense isn’t going to ruin them.

We need a spark on offense.

You know how bad it is when they are talking about Jb during the 3rd quarter of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.