Duke Game... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Game...

Good comeback, that second to last possession on the man up was not a good one. 2 men up and the best we got was that Curry low angle shot. Not to Monday morning QB it but we needed something better there.

Hey I guess Duke was bound to get a 1 goal win in this series. Nice fight to get back into, hopefully carries over to next weekend!

I am not hanging my head even slightly after that. Even with the missed opportunities. There is clearly no tier above us in college lax. No impossible obstacle. All this talk of the Duke UNC Md top tier. Bullshit!! We are here. We are top tier. We will see them in May. Go orange baby.

Varello gave it his all but I agree with Jeremy, why not give Phaup another shot there late?

Very evenly matched teams overall. Would love to see a 7 game series!

Good comeback, that second to last possession on the man up was not a good one. 2 men up and the best we got was that Curry low angle shot. Not to Monday morning QB it but we needed something better there.
Upon looking at the replay it was actually a better angle than I thought. But still there was for sure a better pass to make there! Keep moving until it’s a dunk when you’re 2 men up!

Phaup was scared of his own shadow after the second FO violation

Great effort to get back in the game. I feel better about this team after tonight even with the loss.

Man, so many chances at the end there. Was obviously looking to be a much worse outcome, but close only counts for horseshoes and hand grenades. Credit to the Orange for coming back, but man was that frustrating. Bad pass by Dordevic, followed by failed clear then an uninspiring man up to end the game.

I wasn’t expecting to win this game, but it would have been a huge victory. Orange know they can put up points and should be very proud about the way they came back but the face off situation is a real worry. Defense played well in spurts but it’s the same old same old when it comes to creating offense for the other team with bad slides.

Edit - No time to pout, big game against Notre Dame coming up. If we thought faceoffs were tough against Duke it’s going to be harder against the Irish.

Man, so many chances at the end there. Was obviously looking to be a much worse outcome, but close only counts for horseshoes and hand grenades. Credit to the Orange for coming back, but man was that frustrating. Bad pass by Dordevic, followed by failed clear then an uninspiring man up to end the game.

I wasn’t expecting to win this game, but it would have been a huge victory. Orange know they can put up points and should be very proud about the way they came back but the face off situation is a real worry. Defense played well in spurts but it’s the same old same old when it comes to creating offense for the other team with bad slides.

No time to pout, big game against Albany coming up and Orange need to win that one.

Got the Irish first then they can worry about the Danes!

Edit - No time to pout, big game against Notre Dame coming up. If we thought faceoffs were tough against Duke it’s going to be harder against the Irish.
Great game by Porter with 13 saves. Kept them in it until the offense got going. Winning 8 of 32 face-offs is so tough to overcome. It is remarkable that we could have won that game.

After being down 12-5, we outscored them 9-3. Another FO win or two, maybe we pull this out. Nothing to hang their heads about.

Lots of good, plus lots of things to work on. Desko will have their attention in prep for Notre Dame. They'll be ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom