Duke Game... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Game...

god that was ugly until the flurry. just amateurish stuff on d, looked like uva.

great comeback, that manup had to be frustrating.

i posted earlier.. but 2 high level refs told me this year... refs are not squaring people up on faceoffs so pregame instructions are to get in the right spot, without delay. any delay, not stick and body in right spot, whistle.

at least 2 were of that variety in first half, not the early twitch carc was talking about. didn't see the 3rd.

If it's a loose ball push, the shot clock has to reset.

There was no reset.

Did the refs think Duke called a timeout? And they didn’t? That’s the only thing I can think of.

god that was ugly until the flurry. just amateurish stuff on d, looked like uva.

great comeback, that manup had to be frustrating.

i posted earlier.. but 2 high level refs told me this year... refs are not squaring people up on faceoffs so pregame instructions are to get in the right spot, without delay. any delay, not stick and body in right spot, whistle.

at least 2 were of that variety in first half, not the early twitch carc was talking about. didn't see the 3rd.

Thanks for that information because watching from home most of the time it's not easy seeing the violation unless it's blatantly obvious.

First team mids need to live up to the hype. Curry last shot was horrible one more pass down they tie it up.

First team mids need to live up to the hype. Curry last shot was horrible one more pass down they tie it up.
Why wasn't Garlow in there at face-off??? Wasn't like anyone else was winning much until a run by Varello in the 4th.

Mystery call was costly. Faceoffs more costly. I don't think a wing got a single ground ball. Win 35% of faceoffs and probably win that game. Defense turned it around in 2nd half. Finally some intensity. Only gave up 3 second half goals. Rehfuss and Porter are studs. Wycoff is the real deal. Glad to see Scanlon represent the 22. Kennedy needs to do more. Lots of bad shots/decisions by middies. Curry's shot with 4.4 was awful. Still want more Curry. Losing to Duke sucks. No Acc tourney sucks more.

If SU is even in FO's it's leaving against anybody. In a close to even possession game SU has a big advantage against almost anyone.

This offense ridiculously efficient. They can win losing more FOs than they win, but it can't be ridiculously lopsided as it was tonight.

Mystery call was costly. Faceoffs more costly. I don't think a wing got a single ground ball. Win 35% of faceoffs and probably win that game. Defense turned it around in 2nd half. Finally some intensity. Only gave up 3 second half goals. Rehfuss and Porter are studs. Wycoff is the real deal. Glad to see Scanlon represent the 22. Kennedy needs to do more. Lots of bad shots/decisions by middies. Curry's shot with 4.4 was awful. Still want more Curry. Losing to Duke sucks. No Acc tourney sucks more.

Wycoff had a really hard assignment and I thought he did okay.

Completely agree with all of this, except I thought Kennedy played a good game on defense. Nakie Montgoery was blowing by every short stick he saw and got nothing on Kennedy 1 v 1. That was crucial.

Has anyone commented on the Duke goal in the 2nd quarter by O'Neill, rebounding a shot by Sowers? Sowers stepped in the crease as he came from X, and it wasn't called.

Completely agree with all of this, except I thought Kennedy played a good game on defense. Nakie Montgoery was blowing by every short stick he saw and got nothing on Kennedy 1 v 1. That was crucial.
Yes, Montgomery was not a factor in the 2nd half. I guess I just expect too much from Kennedy. He is just a beast. If the refs don't call that mystery infraction and his caused over leads to a goal,we might be celebrating a great comeback. Cuse need to fix face off for ND and find a way to get some transition goals and avoid weak shots/turnovers . Cant afford that when they are - 15 possessions.

I agree 100%. Rehfuss has shown tremendous poise, smarts and toughness. Wykoff is already really good with more upside and experience after this game.
I still get the feeling that our offense struggles in clutch situations against good teams. Overall, remarkable that we were leading by a goal late in the game with face-offs and officiating issues.

Wish a reporter had asked Desko about the mystery call at the end? Not to make excuses but the officiating tonight was suspect at times. Sounds like Desko agreed with the calls on the Face-Off violations in the 2nd quarter

I agree 100%. Rehfuss has shown tremendous poise, smarts and toughness. Wykoff is already really good with more upside and experience after this game.
I still get the feeling that our offense struggles in clutch situations against good teams. Overall, remarkable that we were leading by a goal late in the game with face-offs and officiating issues.

Rehfuss has been incredible this year. He has 31 points to 3 turnovers. When things get sticky, he primarily handles. 6 points per in ACC games. Tremendous. He's basically matching Sowers this season so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom