Duke Gameday... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Gameday...

I thought maybe Kirst was going to take that shot. Bad shot placement by Birtwistle

did we not have our time out to call when got ball. To maby say hey let’s not take a terrible shot giving duke ball back. Mark deserved a win there . He played absolutely out of his mind.

Also those refs weren’t best missed some calls n made terrible ones. The crease violation on kirst can see clearly was shoved while moving into crease.

Welp, there goes our Tourney chances. Lol if we had any to begin with.

Did like seeing fine at dot tho he tied up naso well at times for our wings come in get ball. I truely believe if we had faceoff guy who won just 50% everytime we would be very good. Sorry no defense is gonna hold up that well when playing d as much as us cause can’t win FOs plus terrible turnovers.

Just not a full 60 minutes by the defense, Mark excluded. Silly mental mistakes on offense coupled with just not winning face offs hurts.

That 3rd qtr we looked dead tired. Said it before we need to play more guys more def in first half n some in 2nd keep guys fresh or give breather. If there one team hate losing to most it is duke. Hate duke so so so so much. But cuse def battled even tho gave up lead least fought back give team chance. But Birt trying be hero takes an very poor shot. As always we never get the gb.

Just not a full 60 minutes by the defense, Mark excluded. Silly mental mistakes on offense coupled with just not winning face offs hurts.

Not to beat a dead horse but Faceoffs, GBs, and turnovers have killed this team in every loss. D as you noted isn't great either but you can't go 9 for 30 or whatever it was at the X and turn it over 4 straight times on offense and beat top teams.

Welp, there goes our Tourney chances. Lol if we had any to begin with.
It's still there but getting slimmer. They basically can't lose any of the out of conference games remaining and then try to pick up two wins in conference. Tonight probably should have been a win even losing the face offs and bad defensive play in the middle 30 minutes.

Anything possible. We hung with them and we have another shot at them too. We will have our chances at quality wins.

Unfortunately the tournament is highly unlikely. ND and UVA are almost lock losses at this point. SU won't have the quality wins needed.

Think defense wasn’t terrible for most of game. Yes at times looked lost when sliding but think came when they clearly were tired. Also say least 3-4 goals of duke were unsettled either coming off faceoff or horrible turnover n guys not getting back. But as said don’t think any defense is gonna hold up for as much d we play due to poor turnovers n not winning faceoffs.

Not to beat a dead horse but Faceoffs, GBs, and turnovers have killed this team in every loss. D as you noted isn't great either but you can't go 9 for 30 or whatever it was at the X and turn it over 4 straight times on offense and beat top teams.
Mark is masking the same defense from last year.

I’m convinced it’s scheme.

I don’t believe the defensive talent is THAT inferior to other ACC teams.

Mark is masking the same defense from last year.

I’m convinced it’s scheme.

I don’t believe the defensive talent is THAT inferior to other ACC teams.

Ya its hard to argue against that opinion to be honest.

The broadcast was slightly better but some of the stuff is just absurd.
Number of pipes hit will be an official stat line. Carc does similar so I can't put it all on the Newhouse crew.

Tourney would only happen if win all out of conference games specially need to win hopkins,princeton. While also beating unc and duke or def one of them prob higher rank one. They do that then think they make it but def don’t see them beating Nd or UVA. But hopkins,duke,unc,princeton are rank opponents they will need to win if want shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom