Duke Gameday... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Gameday...

Number of pipes hit will be an official stat line. Carc does similar so I can't put it all on the Newhouse crew.

No that's fine but they kept getting a bunch of stuff wrong. They didn't realize the entire game Fine took a handful of draws and kept saying Hiltz was scoreless

After watching denver unc game made me realize few things myself. As i don’t think denver is as talented as us, but beat unc. So realized maby it is coaching. Mean faceoffs are def big part we losing without doubt. But denver has very good coach so did finally make me question if our coaching really isn’t there as should be. I truely don’t think denver is better then us but they do have great faceoff guy n a very good coach.

The bigger concern is that Duke hit 12 pipes and we still lost. Defensively the team is still having major issues and the team has been a disaster on GBs and X play. If not for Will Mark Duke probably scores 25+. Whatever system were running clearly isn't working

Horrible mismanagement of SU’s only possession in OT there was no transition should of called time out horrible shot selection if there gonna rely on their goalie to make saves all day as their Defense they might better play zone

Horrible mismanagement of SU’s only possession in OT there was no transition should of called time out horrible shot selection if there gonna rely on their goalie to make saves all day as their Defense they might better play zone

As soon as the shot clock got down to 40 should have called TO. The in game coaching continues to be poor to nonexistent.

Win the non nd uva games and we probably have a shot getting in. Next week must win.

Unfortunately Hopkins is excellent at the X. We're gonna be in major trouble there. Princeton isn't great at the X which is a positive. Hobart maybe interesting as well as Shea their man guy is excellent.

I had 100 percent confidence Desko and Donahue could draw up a play with the game on the line and win. I saw Gait do it many times with the women’s team but I have yet to see him do it on the men’s side

FO: 9-21
GB: 24-40

We were 3-3 on EMO, and only 1 failed clear.

Not in game, but putting Olexo on mcadory was the right move with Caccamo on leadmon out of the box. Kirst to attack has also clearly paid dividends.

For sure, both good calls

I still think we need to mix in some more d guys. Need another short stick dmid even if or when aviles comes back. Boela played n don’t think looked terrible thought should played more. Think we need to play more guys throughout as clearly see dude are tired and then make mistakes n horrible turnovers. As said throw beck or dwan in for spell or two here and there. Also mix in some more O guys like kempney or cordes. Notice duke was playing bunch of guys throughout even towards end of game. Just to save some legs or give breather or even just to give some experience for guys.

I wasn’t one to mention or talk bout coaching ever but as said after watching denver unc game now making me start to wonder. Def think gait needs call timeout in OT when got ball n no transition. March suppose to be offense genius so why not timeout n let him draw something up. Birt shot was terrible honestly(some else mention it already) though kirst was gonna shoot n thought had lane to stand n rip one but didn’t. Also kirst being senior the one time again pushed it(yes had short stick on him) n shot right into goalie. Think he should pulled it out there as had no numbers and was on d for bit plus was big point of game try to keep pressure on duke making it bigger lead.

Also the defense seemed to press out more on their guys ball or not. Think should do that more n still like to see them throw a zone in now and again. Also notice when duke making their run we once again just started stick swinging instead of taking body. Dukes d was pressing out on us a lot n at times caused some trouble(thompson turnover, which also no one came to help him get rid of ball).

I'm stunned. What a missed opportunity to steal a game that the stat sheet, other than saves, says we should have lost by a lot.

Some reason we always play duke tough. Think duke is better then unc why we can’t play consistently at all.That tend to fall on coaches i feel. Without a doubt we have to beat hopkins. No if’s ends or butts. Need to beat hopkins and hopefuly beat them by few goals.

I still think we need to mix in some more d guys. Need another short stick dmid even if or when aviles comes back. Boela played n don’t think looked terrible thought should played more. Think we need to play more guys throughout as clearly see dude are tired and then make mistakes n horrible turnovers. As said throw beck or dwan in for spell or two here and there. Also mix in some more O guys like kempney or cordes. Notice duke was playing bunch of guys throughout even towards end of game. Just to save some legs or give breather or even just to give some experience for guys.

Believe Bolea was injured again during the game. Didn’t look good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom