The Mayor of Dewitt
(2) Syracuse vs (3) Duke
Friday, May 3, 2024 | 8:00 p.m.
ACC Tournament Semifinals
Charlotte, NC

TV: ACC Network | Anish Shroff '04 and Matt Ward
Radio: TK99 (99.5 FM) / WAER (88.3 FM)

GMqmf8EXkAAJTnQ

Should be a very interesting game today considering how badly Cuse beat them earlier this year, coupled with Duke getting worked by a UNC team that had lost FIVE in a row.

I'm wondering if Naso is hurt? He went 5-20 last week and at least two other Duke guys faced off. I can't remember that last time I've seen anyone but Naso take a draw for Duke, seems like at least three years of him dominating the X for them.

It's hot and sunny today in NC, Syracuse better be ready to run lots of guys or they're going to be dragging in the 4th.

I also wonder what is going on with O'Neill. Huge talent, of course, but he's gone missing in a few games this year - first Cuse game, against ND too. And he's been shooting pretty poorly, like 1 or 2 for 14 in a few games. That's rough.

Oh, and something tells me there is a situation brewing with Danowski Jr. I swear that guy used to run the entire offense and man-up. I've watched a few games on t.v. and didn't see the guy at all. Just a hunch, but something seems to be going on.

And if Naso is hurt, seriously hinders Duke's chances of winning it all. That guy has allowed them to be as good as they are. One of the biggest factors in the NC last year was Notre Dame's FO (Will Lynch is it?) getting the better of him.

Should be a very interesting game today considering how badly Cuse beat them earlier this year, coupled with Duke getting worked by a UNC team that had lost FIVE in a row.

I'm wondering if Naso is hurt? He went 5-20 last week and at least two other Duke guys faced off. I can't remember that last time I've seen anyone but Naso take a draw for Duke, seems like at least three years of him dominating the X for them.

He came out with against UVA with an injured ankle, came back in and scored two goals. Finished that game 8-17. Not sure if it's still giving him issues. Wambach from UNC is no slouch, though Duke's back Girard won 5-7 to spur the comeback. Something to monitor for sure.

The SU face-off crew has to start better than the last match up against Duke, don't think they can afford going 0fer in the first half again.

and see my take on it is duke wanted to lose to get to us. Clearly would be absurd but either way duke isn’t gonna be push over nor can we rely on beating them first time. Whole diff ball game now and cuse will need to be on point. I agree def gonna need to run few for guys keep them fresh in 4th. A win would be huge lost prob not totally terrible but win def will make path easier in ncaa. So cuse let’s ball out!

my dad is 1-0 for in-person-acc-tournament games

He'll be in attendance tonight

you're welcome!
I've got a funny dad story...when I was a kid my parents would take me to the championship weekened every year, mostly held at Byrd Stadium. We'd watch both games on Saturday, the DIII game on Sunday, then the championship on Monday.

It was either two or three years in a row when he jumped up at the end of regulation to go take a leak...and he missed the OT goal! I think the Princeton/MD/UVA OT games in the mid-to-late 90s. Poor guy missed three in a row due to Middle Aged Man bladder!

ND all over UVA 4-0 about 5 min in. Getting ugly quick

Wow, thats a huge development though the backup looked pretty good last year as Powellfan noted.
might be true, I have no idea, just odd the way they have ran Naso into the ground there in his career. Guy takes every draw

might be true, I have no idea, just odd the way they have ran Naso into the ground there in his career. Guy takes every draw

Coaches don't want to take out elite faceoff guys, it happens pretty much every time. Cuse ran Ben Williams into the ground, Albany and Yale did with Ierlan, Maryland is to Wierman, UNC did years ago with Bones Kelly, Naso and Duke as you noted etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom