Duke has positive COVID test; done for season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Duke has positive COVID test; done for season

F*** Goodman for scapegoating a walk-on. Totally unnecessary
Well, I don’t know. It lets Louisville know that it is unlikely that their players will contract Covid now, since they had no contact with the walk on.

Yeah, that seems irrational. Last year made complete sense given the unknowns. This year, to make it this far, with overall cases heading such a positive direction? I'll say it... 0% chance canceled. Only siths deal in absolutes though.
Right? They would have been better off cancelling the season and just running one giant tournament, if they were going to cancel anything. The whole season is all about the tournament these days.

Well, I don’t know. It lets Louisville know that it is unlikely that their players will contract Covid now, since they had no contact with the walk on.
That can be done behind closed doors, not on twitter 10 minutes after the announcement. Duke hides behind the “brotherhood” bs but then leak out that a walk-on is the reason their season is over. Screw em

From JB's radio show on 2/18:

"I went on to ask if it was wise to hold the conference tournaments at all and should the NCAA tournament be cut back to fewer teams to make CoVid incidents less likely? Coach described the arrangements for the NCAA tourney, with which he is well satisfied: each team will have the floor of a hotel available to them. Players will be in separate rooms and have their meals there. There will be a conference room available on each floor. They will not leave the floor except for the games. If a player tests positive he will be isolated and the rest of the team tested. If they pass, the team will still be able to play. I wish we’d done that during the regular season.”

Jim said that he sees why a #1 or #2 seed might want to skip the conference tournament. There will be “a little risk”. But the conference tournaments will still go on, although what format he doesn’t know. “The logistics are something you have to do. It’s a different time for everybody."

Right? They would have been better off cancelling the season and just running one giant tournament, if they were going to cancel anything. The whole season is all about the tournament these days.
There is less than zero chance that the NCAAT will be cancelled, solely because of the billions of dollars at stake. Just yesterday Turner & CBS announced that they have sold out of advertising inventory.

I mean, just this past weekend Adam Silver held a meaningless all-star game, just to protect sponsorship and media revenue.

so we can all agree to slam THE GREAT K for not getting his ready team to play this season and then not keeping them safe ? sounds to me more like putting on a neck brace before going into court. faux excuse for certain failure. "OH MY BACK AGAIN !"

True, but Duke could have done that... no need for the crowd wielding torches and pitchforks to be directed by Goodman.

They couldn't miss it quietly had to get attention and make it all about them.

been there ?
trash-pickers.jpg

voluntarily volunteering for the good of the community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom