Duke has positive COVID test; done for season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke has positive COVID test; done for season

They needed two more wins, the committee would get massacred if they gave them a bid.

a small part of me wants to see them get in just to see the outrage. but most of me is saying F DUKE!!!!!

ACC should give Virginia a bye and let us play Florida State tonight.
I was just thinking I bet the ACC wishes they had Syracuse Virginia tonight. That would do the trick except you really can't make it up as you go. I mean, my take would be to have Virginia play FSU tonight and give us the bye. That would work for me.

Hmm...Maybe Mike is back to his old tricks. Duke now gets to finish on a high note and safely above .500. No NCAA bubble embarrassment and no more losses to wind up 14-13 on the year.
seems legit. this was K at the presser yesterday

1615477497830.png

I was just thinking I bet the ACC wishes they had Syracuse Virginia tonight. That would do the trick except you really can't make it up as you go. I mean, my take would be to have Virginia play FSU tonight and give us the bye. That would work for me.

definitely. a marquee game is now getting wasted in the noon slot when you have an opening in prime time.

Hmm...Maybe Mike is back to his old tricks. Duke now gets to finish on a high note and safely above .500. No NCAA bubble embarrassment and no more losses to wind up 14-13 on the year.

I think people read too much into this. While I will never underestimate the vanity of glorified gym teachers who make millions a year to coach a sport, neither Duke or Coach K, are going to take a hit because of this subpar season. I mean, i assume, their collective 5 national championships, 12 final fours, 15 ACC tourney championships, 8 Naismiths, 20+ Burger Boys in the last decade, three Olympic gold medals, etc., are enough to trump any negative stigma caused by a .500% season during a pandemic.

I’d take that. I do think we would have a better chance against Florida State but I am guessing a team like Nc State could get the call and play Florida State tonight.
If they could assemble their team and get on a bus to Greensboro from Raleigh it’s only an hour.

Awful for them and I hope it stops there. But it opens the door wider for us.
Good point. If we lose today (which we won’t, LGO) and Dook had won they prolly swap places with us in the last four in/out.

I’d take that. I do think we would have a better chance against Florida State but I am guessing a team like Nc State could get the call and play Florida State tonight.
If they could assemble their team and get on a bus to Greensboro from Raleigh it’s only an hour.
Just for one game?

That would be unfair to us. What if N.C. State came back and won the tournament and their auto bid knocked us out of the tournament?

That would be unfair to us. What if N.C. State came back and won the tournament and their auto bid knocked us out of the tournament?
I take it he means just to play Fsu, but who moves on if they ever lost?

And the #2 seed had only 7 hours to prepare for their opponent; not fair to FSU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom