Duke has positive COVID test; done for season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke has positive COVID test; done for season

I’d take that. I do think we would have a better chance against Florida State but I am guessing a team like Nc State could get the call and play Florida State tonight.
If they could assemble their team and get on a bus to Greensboro from Raleigh it’s only an hour.
They should do what the NCAAT will do. Your opponent forfeits then u move on to the next round. Bringing a team back into the ACCT that has already lost is nutso.

Lavin last night said he has them in because can’t imagine having a tourney without them. I don’t think it was sarcasm either.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the committee comes up with a rationale that they are starting to peak and would have been in anyway.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the committee comes up with a rationale that they are starting to peak and would have been in anyway.
That would be hard considering less than a week ago Unc took them out behind the woodshed. They beat the worst team in college bball and an overrated lville team.

I think people read too much into this. While I will never underestimate the vanity of glorified gym teachers who make millions a year to coach a sport, neither Duke or Coach K, are going to take a hit because of this subpar season. I mean, i assume, their collective 5 national championships, 12 final fours, 15 ACC tourney championships, 8 Naismiths, 20+ Burger Boys in the last decade, three Olympic gold medals, etc., are enough to trump any negative stigma caused by a .500% season during a pandemic.

Yeah, I wasn't terribly serious.

That would be hard considering less than a week ago Unc took them out behind the woodshed. They beat the worst team in college bball and an overrated lville team.
Did I say it would be easy? I said I wouldn’t be shocked. Everybody bends over backward for Duke. They could come up with some mental gymnastics to make it plausible. Would be crazy and awful but if it could be done for any team it would be for them.

FWIW, my son's roommate is on a D-1 team, another's father is on a D-1 coaching staff. Word is that the tourney will get cancelled due to COVID again.
That would be an overreaction.
If no team other than BC and Louisville had contact with Duke it would be a really premature decision.
If Virginia wants to go home it’s fine we can play on.

Yeah the NCAA definitely got this far into the season and now decided to give up a billion dollars.
Agreed, probably just coaching rumor mill gossip of those who were in no danger of participating anyway. But given the two sources I found it interesting at least.

Agreed, probably just coaching rumor mill gossip of those who were in no danger of participating anyway. But given the two sources I found it interesting at least.
I believe it’s being talked about.
I just wouldn’t cancel if proper protocols were followed and no other teams were in contact.

I feel bad for Duke, their fans and their players. Imagine this was Syracuse right now. I mean it could be us in an hour, 24 hours, etc.
I feel awful for Duke. I have many friends and my own brother who are diehard Duke fans. I would think their only consolation is that they weren’t going to get into the NCAAs anyway, but of course they won’t feel like that.

And as such, since it is third hand, I will delete it.
Yeah, that seems irrational. Last year made complete sense given the unknowns. This year, to make it this far, with overall cases heading such a positive direction? I'll say it... 0% chance canceled. Only siths deal in absolutes though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom