Duke postgame thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke postgame thread

Here’s the thing, this game sucked. I can complain about a bunch of individual stuff.

But we all know what the deal is.

It’s how long JB gets to run the show now. He isn’t changing out assistants, he’s not going HAM on his own effort, it is what it is.

It’s how much runway he either has on his own accord or the school allows.

This team has some decent pieces. But we’re a mess as a program.

Here’s the thing, this game sucked. I can complain about a bunch of individual stuff.

It’s how long JB gets to run the show now. He isn’t changing out assistants, he’s not going HAM on his own effort, it is what it is.

JB blew it with that bad week of press. This is his last year.

Boom.

#duedilligence

Bell would be useful next year as the sophomore sharpshooter off the bench at forward, like Southerland or Shumpert, when they were younger players.
He just stands there and shoots, does nothing else. He doesn’t even try to.

He just stands there and shoots, does nothing else. He doesn’t even try to.

In his last 2 games before tonight, he made a combined 6-12 inside the arc, had 9 rebounds (4.5 per game), an assist and a block.

I counted 8 drops of the ball by Jesse. 8.

JB had zero game plan. Scheyer had a great one. They were wide open all game

Feel bad for the crowd that shows up to see that junk that coach has failed them so poorly

Feel bad for the crowd that shows up to see that junk that coach has failed them so poorly

How we keep hammering him down on the block instead of running spread pick and roll, I will never know.

He couldn’t sense a double team if he had a rear view mirror.

Didn't watch. Bitter about what,? That he wanted to go to a program with energy?
The reporter say something like “you recruited Kyle Flipowski, tell us your thoughts on him tonight”

JB responds as only JB can “we recruit a lot of players”

Any time he bounces it 3 times or more, it's a turnover.
It should be a drinking game.

1676773766385.jpeg

And what plays do we run for him to get open. He isnt a slasher. His job is to sit on the wing and hit threes. Thats an offensive system issue. Kid is a lights out shooter.
The problem with that is, our NBA point guard hasn’t slashed into the lane and kicked it out to a 3 point shooter all season. So Bell’s job of just sitting on the wing to shoot threes isn’t too effective unfortunately

The reporter say something like “you recruited Kyle Flipowski, tell us your thoughts on him tonight”

JB responds as only JB can “we recruit a lot of players”

That’s not exactly what he said. He said we recruit a lot of players and he’s a very good player and why we recruited him.

That’s not exactly what he said. He said we recruit a lot of players and he’s a very good player and why we recruited him.
Yeah but you gotta admit that was an awkwardly bitter response. It did not come off as deliberately complementary at all

And what plays do we run for him to get open. He isnt a slasher. His job is to sit on the wing and hit threes. Thats an offensive system issue. Kid is a lights out shooter.
Lights out shooters don’t miss wide open corner threes. He plays zero defense and shows the least amount of effort I’ve ever seen on defense. He’s awful.

In his last 2 games before tonight, he made a combined 6-12 inside the arc, had 9 rebounds (4.5 per game), an assist and a block.
Are you promoting those stats over two as a good or bad thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom