Duke postgame thread

We went from perennial NCAA top four protected seed to 5-8 seed
We went from perennial 5-8 seed to bubble team
We went from perennial bubble team to missing the tournament, hoping for NIT

The next step in this slow death of the program is perennial losing team
We went from 30K+ to watch exciting games vs blue bloods
to
$20 off to watch Duke spank the Orange.

Here is how Duke's offense has performed against the zone since 2020.

(For context, Colgate's offense put up 1.19 ppp against us this year.)

2/1/20: 1.32 points per possession
2/22/21: 1.36 ppp
1/22/22: 1.15 ppp*
2/26/22: 1.64 ppp
3/10/22: 1.26 ppp
2/18/23: 1.24 ppp

"I just don't see a lot of adjustments." - Jon Crispin, during the ESPN postgame studio show, 2/18/23

*It boggles my mind this horrific beatdown in Cameron that featured the infamous Juli Boeheim courtside interview was Duke worst performance during this period of time.

Was tonight closer than last year's game at the dome? I figured it would be and we got off to a better start but it went off the rails a bit. Who cares, no big deal.

The portal better get attacked this off-season….because I can say with 100% certainty Taylor starting at the 2 and Bell starting at the 3 next season as some have mentioned is NOT the answer. They looked like they did not belong anywhere near the court.

Not even competitive. Sad. The entire front court didn't show up.
I'm so sick of watching games where the zone gets roasted from the arc and no adjustment. Just stay in it and give up uncontested shot after shot.

I'm not sure we had any forwards tonight. Equally ineffective.
Or a center. Good thing Joe was able to score 21 points on nine shots, and Mintz hit a few threes and got a few easy baskets directly off steals, or this might have gotten ugly. :rolleyes:

The portal better get attacked this off-season….because I can say with 100% certainty Taylor starting at the 2 and Bell starting at the 3 next season as some have mentioned is NOT the answer. They looked like they did not belong anywhere near the court.
Bell playing more than 10 minutes a game would be awful. I hope Benny takes him with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom