Duke Tickets Sold Out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Tickets Sold Out

You seriously don't think you'd be in a comparable seat even with the court in the middle? So you think that wanting to go to only the biggest game of the year, waiting for general public tickets and spending below market price will ever get you a good seat? Not logical at all.
Everyone who roots for SU now lives within driving distance of the Dome?

If I'm a fan of UNC and want to just go to the Duke game and live in NYC, do you think I should be indignant if the game is sold out before tickets go on sale to the general public? Try getting Kentucky season tickets to the Louisville game, any game in fact. SU fans have been spoiled because the size of the dome has allowed fans who may only attend the BIG games in any year go without any long term investment in the program. Other national programs deal with this issue, realize the value and even have waiting lists for season tickets less single sale public tickets. Seems we want a big time national program with a small time avid fan base and business approach.

1. "it's a promise and an investment not only in the program but also for the owner."
Yes. A game of the Duke magnitude, with 50K in attendance would only increase the value of the ticket, even if sight lines are diminished. People go to games to experience the atmosphere of the arena on gameday, otherwise, they would just watch on tv for perfect views, replays, etc. And boy would it be nuts with a filled dome.

2. "Basic concept of supply and demand"
Demand is so high that they could have still charged top dollar for tickets. And because of the atmosphere, aura of the game, people like me would have gobbled them up regardless of where the seat was located.

3. And yes, I did anticipate the brisk ticket sales. I am on the alumni email. I logged in at exactly the moment tickets went on sale for us. No way am I paying those prices to sit in the other end zone. However, I would have gladly purchased them for $hundreds had the game been played on the 50 yard line.

You don't want to sit in bad seats yet putting it at the 50 would have created significantly more bad seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seriously don't think you'd be in a comparable seat even with the court in the middle? So you think that wanting to go to only the biggest game of the year, waiting for general public tickets and spending below market price will ever get you a good seat? Not logical at all.

If I'm a fan of UNC and want to just go to the Duke game and live in NYC, do you think I should be indignant if the game is sold out before tickets go on sale to the general public? Try getting Kentucky season tickets to the Louisville game, any game in fact. SU fans have been spoiled because the size of the dome has allowed fans who may only attend the BIG games in any year go without any long term investment in the program. Other national programs deal with this issue, realize the value and even have waiting lists for season tickets less single sale public tickets. Seems we want a big time national program with a small time avid fan base and business approach.

Huh?

My response was to your statement that season tickets are the way to go, and how t's not a feasible solution for many people who are SU fans but are severely limited geographically. Am I wrong?

For the record- I was a season ticket holder for 4 years while attending school and didn't miss a single game willingly.

This thread is ironic. The locals who are the majority of attendees are bring blamed for buying all the tix and now wanting the court moved, but of you go to the football board the locals get blamed for not buying enough tixs.

Everyone who roots for SU now lives within driving distance of the Dome?

That's the assumption on the football board.

These complainers are the financial backbone of the program. Yes, sour grapes.

And if your willing to pay so much to get in, then go buy one on stubhub. "$hundreds" of dollars will get you a pretty good seat.

Bees, do you honestly think it was a good idea not to move the court? I read your posts all the time and you seem really logical. This is not logical. One game. 15 others in your normal seats, and any future Duke games in your normal seats.

One game. And the seats for season ticket holders wouldve still been solid. There would not have been obstructed views lol

I am not blaming the locals for buying tix or season ticket holders. But I do blame SU for selling 8 extras. I suppose it does encourage season ticket buying early. Buy a season ticket and then get a chance to pay for it by selling the 8 extra's on Stubhub...

I'm don't understand how people are shocked or disappointed. Many of the same people who complained that the game isn't in the center of the dome, really didn't anticipate that tickets would be scarce when they went on sale to the general public? I miss the logic. To me this is the perfect example why season tickets are the way to go, it's a promise and an investment not only in the program but also for the owner. Basic concept of supply and demand.

Seasons only make sense if you live locally, pretty much. Too many weeknight games to make it worthwhile.

Somebody here (I forget who) had a great point, and if I was close enough to make it to NY more then once a year, I'd do it. Scoop up a couple of those $500 season tickets, and sell every game that you cant attend. You could end up catching the Duke game for free.

You're welcome.

Reactions: cto
Seasons only make sense if you live locally, pretty much. Too many weeknight games to make it worthwhile.

I've never sold tickets on stubhub, but it seems like it would be too easy to sell all the games you couldnt attend. If you were going to make 5 games a season, I think it would be worth it.

And if your willing to pay so much to get in, then go buy one on stubhub. "$hundreds" of dollars will get you a pretty good seat.

You would think this would be easy to grasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I challenge anyone to claim to be a more diehard and knowledgeable (with regards to the actual game) Syracuse basketball fan than I.

Me

Sorry. I opened up a can of worms in this thread. Let's nuke it before we all end up hating each other.

Bees, do you honestly think it was a good idea not to move the court? I read your posts all the time and you seem really logical. This is not logical. One game. 15 others in your normal seats, and any future Duke games in your normal seats.

One game. And the seats for season ticket holders wouldve still been solid. There would not have been obstructed views lol

I have the exact feelings as Bees. It's not a coincidence that we are both local season ticket holders. All the people in this thread complaining about the court not being moved seem to live a good driving distance away. We will be the ones there for High Point and Colgate, we shouldn't have to sacrifice our seats for the biggest game in who knows how long. Bringing up the move would diminish our home court advantage is a totally different topic as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I am not blaming the locals for buying tix or season ticket holders. But I do blame SU for selling 8 extras. I suppose it does encourage season ticket buying early. Buy a season ticket and then get a chance to pay for it by selling the 8 extra's on Stubhub...
I'm totally ambivalent about moving the court as I can appreciate both sides of the argument. Eight tickets I have a problem with.

and won't hundreds of dollars potentially get some season tix, albeit some crappier ones?

Huh?

My response was to your statement that season tickets are the way to go, and how t's not a feasible solution for many people who are SU fans but are severely limited geographically. Am I wrong?

For the record- I was a season ticket holder for 4 years while attending school and didn't miss a single game willingly.

There are 10 home weekend games, more than almost any recent year that I can recall. Includes games like Villanova, Miami, UNC, PITT , Duke, Clemson and NC State. Maybe people just like to argue but it's illogical fiscally not to purchase a season's ticket less so if one considers themselves an avid fan. So if you bought it only for the Duke game (which is hard to believe with that schedule) you don't think you'd recoup your money selling the UNC, Pitt, Villanova, NC State games etc? I won't post about it anymore because I hope people are just talking based on some type of emotion because it certainly isn't logical.

Reactions: cto

Yes I do think it was a bad idea especially because of the timing. You don't conduct business that way. Donors had already made their donations and paid for their seasons. That was all due before the idea was released. 90% or more of the donors would have had worse seats. Mine would have been 42 yards further away. I did not donate to have that tossed at me after the fact.

Sorry. I opened up a can of worms in this thread. Let's nuke it before we all end up hating each other.

I don't hate anyone.

I'm don't understand how people are shocked or disappointed. Many of the same people who complained that the game isn't in the center of the dome, really didn't anticipate that tickets would be scarce when they went on sale to the general public? I miss the logic. To me this is the perfect example why season tickets are the way to go, it's a promise and an investment not only in the program but also for the owner. Basic concept of supply and demand.

Except when you live 6 hours away.

Doesn't work for everyone.

Alumni suck here to some except when they want to go back for something special and have to stay in Cortland and sit closer to a school building than the court.

and won't hundreds of dollars potentially get some season tix, albeit some crappier ones?

Yep. As I suggested, use that money to buy a season tix, even non preferred. I think they are $450 each. Use the duke tix sell the rest and the Duke game becomes free. Where there is a will there is a way.

This thread is awesome. I'm sure this will come across as calling people out, but I distinctly remember some experts of the form saying there is no way this game would come anywhere close to selling out because the Super Bowl was in New York City the next day.

I have no problem with season ticket holders buying 8 extra tickets if they are legitimately using them for their own families and friends. However I do think its ehhh that someone would sell them on Stubhub. Same thing with the packages of 20 or more. 90 percent of the time those tickets end up in the hands of scalpers. In fact, I am pretty sure the Yankees actually tried to stop this earlier this year with their season ticket holders. As an alum, I bought three tickets for me and two of my friends for about 6 games. Selling them on Stub Hub to make your money back is great, just don't be complaining when more Duke fans are at the game than you thought there would be, because people sold their tickets on Stubhub.

Last edited:
I have the exact feelings as Bees. It's not a coincidence that we are both local season ticket holders. All the people in this thread complaining about the court not being moved seem to live a good driving distance away. We will be the ones there for High Point and Colgate, we shouldn't have to sacrifice our seats for the biggest game in who knows how long. Bringing up the move would diminish our home court advantage is a totally different topic as well

-
I'm too far away for season tix, so I can't put myself in your or other locals' shoes. However, wouldn't the atmosphere and the novelty of court in the middle of the Dome for one time only be worth not sitting in your normal seats for one game? I guess you can say you'd be sacrificing your seats, but I'm sure all season tix holders would get the best seats if the court were moved. You'd just have a different view of one game in front of the largest crowd in NCAA history. Is that not appealing to everyone?

I don't know if it'd diminish our home court advantage. The crowd would be crazy and the Dome would be rocking. The only disadvantageous part of the move would be the players not having their normal sight lines for shots and a disruption of the norm in terms of the home setup. But I think that would be minor compared to the atmosphere that could be in the Dome that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom