Duke Tickets Sold Out | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Tickets Sold Out

So do we. But given this years schedule and projecting that forward, it made sense to buy season tix. I'm really glad we did!

Sounds like you are referring to you and a significant other. Also a big difference.

Bees, do you honestly think it was a good idea not to move the court? I read your posts all the time and you seem really logical. This is not logical. One game. 15 others in your normal seats, and any future Duke games in your normal seats.

One game. And the seats for season ticket holders wouldve still been solid. There would not have been obstructed views lol
It's not just "one" game though. If it was, this wouldn't be a debate. It's the Duke game, and just like you want to go, the people that spend major money on an annual basis want to have good seats (the seats they paid big bucks for) for the biggest game of the year.

Well, I broke down and took Bees advice and bought a season ticket. I had purchased a 6 pack earlier today but they cancelled it for me and put the amount towards the season ticket. Section 308 seems pretty good at this point - seats in that section are going for $174 for the Duke game and $128 for the North Carolina game right now on Stubhub. Let's Go Orange!

You had the will and found a way. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a season ticket holder and would have been 100% in support of moving the court to the middle of the dome as it is something I have wanted to see my whole life. Unfortunately those that sit on their hands all game and leave during the under 4 time out cried about it.

Didn't mean to, CT. Wouldn't let me edit it either.

To your point though-- I live 5.5 hours from Syracuse and I have never even considered buying season tickets. It just doesn't make sense to me, imo.
If I only lived 5 1/2 hours away, I'd have never given up my season tickets.

I am a season ticket holder and would have been 100% in support of moving the court to the middle of the dome as it is something I have wanted to see my whole life. Unfortunately those that sit on their hands all game and leave during the under 4 time out cried about it.

Joke post.

This thread is ironic. The locals who are the majority of attendees are bring blamed for buying all the tix and now wanting the court moved, but of you go to the football board the locals get blamed for not buying enough tixs.

Yes, one team wins, one doesn't. The locals are front runners. It's been noted numerous times.

Edit: I should add I consider myself a local...so I can say this. Non-locals, not allowed.

Time to put my two tickets in section 334 on stub hub. I'll start the bidding At $200 per ticket

I need a new set of Ap2 irons
-
Noooooooooooooooooooo! Let me talk you down, man! Come on, you don't really want to do this do you?

Yes I do think it was a bad idea especially because of the timing. You don't conduct business that way. Donors had already made their donations and paid for their seasons. That was all due before the idea was released. 90% or more of the donors would have had worse seats. Mine would have been 42 yards further away. I did not donate to have that tossed at me after the fact.

It's amazing that people don't grasp this.

I'm too far away for season tix, so I can't put myself in your or other locals' shoes. However, wouldn't the atmosphere and the novelty of court in the middle of the Dome for one time only be worth not sitting in your normal seats for one game? I guess you can say you'd be sacrificing your seats, but I'm sure all season tix holders would get the best seats if the court were moved. You'd just have a different view of one game in front of the largest crowd in NCAA history. Is that not appealing to everyone?

I don't know if it'd diminish our home court advantage. The crowd would be crazy and the Dome would be rocking. The only disadvantageous part of the move would be the players not having their normal sight lines for shots and a disruption of the norm in terms of the home setup. But I think that would be minor compared to the atmosphere that could be in the Dome that day.

All of the seats would be so far from the court, it seems like the atmosphere wouldn't be that great. A ton of people, but almost all would be so far removed from the action, it seems like it would be hard to get really rocking.

Have no problem with season ticket holders getting first shot at tickets, but 8 seems like a lot, and I bet a huge portion of those end up on Stubhub, which isn't great for the rest of us. Doubt SU really anticipated this magnitude of demand so early.

To me, as a non "financial backbone of the program" type, it's frustrating to see those who invest in major monies in the program are more concerned about their own personal comfort and sight lines... for one game... over promoting and opportunity and event that can benefit the program and fans as a whole. Is it possible to look past ones self and enjoy that something unique and special is going on for the very program you are supporting, or is the fact that it is not personally convenient for you the highest priority?

Yes, it's a shame that the people that pay for seats at every game want to have good seats at a game that everyone that watches the entire season from their couch wants to go to as well. They should enjoy those good seats versus Binghamton, but not for a game like Duke. Seriously, the non-season ticket holders come off in this as a bunch of crybabies - either suck it up and get season tickets or deal with maybe not getting tickets to the games you want.

Don't get season tickets at UNC? Don't expect to get seats to the Duke game. Don't get season tickets at Syracuse? Don't expect to get tickets to the Duke game. This is really simple stuff guys...

If you think you are a diehard but aren't buying season tickets, newsflash -YOU AREN'T. PERIOD. I lived in Indiana and still had season tickets, just because I wanted to have good seats at the 'big' games - and sold the ones I couldn't make to locals and family so I could recoup some of the costs. You don't live in Syracuse so you don't want to get season tix...but still want to cry when you can't get tickets to big games? Grow the up.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a shame that the people that pay for seats at every game want to have good seats at a game that everyone that watches the entire season from their couch wants to go to as well. They should enjoy those good seats versus Binghamton, but not for a game like Duke. Seriously, the non-season ticket holders come off in this as a bunch of crybabies - either suck it up and get season tickets or deal with maybe not getting tickets to the games you want.

Don't get season tickets at UNC? Don't expect to get seats to the Duke game. Don't get season tickets at Syracuse? Don't expect to get tickets to the Duke game. This is really simple stuff guys...

If you think you are a diehard but aren't buying season tickets, newsflash -YOU AREN'T. PERIOD. I lived in Indiana and still had season tickets, just because I wanted to have good seats at the 'big' games - and sold the ones I couldn't make to locals and family so I could recoup some of the costs. You don't live and Syracuse so you don't want to get season tix...but still want to cry when you can't get tickets to big games? Grow the up.
You do realize my entire post has literally nothing to do with what you just wrote, right?

I had planned to attend the Duke, North Carolina, Indiana and Pitt games if possible. I usually go to 3-4 games a year. Time and total cost are factors for me. So if I sell the rest not counting the early season games at an conservative average price of $40 for a total of $280 (right now they are an avg.price of $45 in my section), I'll be out $200 for those 4 games - a reasonable price given the amounts being asked on Stubhub.
And there ya go...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

If you think you are a diehard but aren't buying season tickets, newsflash -YOU AREN'T. PERIOD. I lived in Indiana and still had season tickets, just because I wanted to have good seats at the 'big' games - and sold the ones I couldn't make to locals and family so I could recoup some of the costs. You don't live and Syracuse so you don't want to get season tix...but still want to cry when you can't get tickets to big games? Grow the up.

Some people aren't interested in being ticket scalpers. SU is leaving money on the table and turning a lot of people into ticket brokers. I think "real fans" would rather give their money to the school than pay for some guy's vacation. Seems silly but that's their call. Congrats on your scalping, nice to have the interest to broker tickets - only true fans do that. :bang:

In my situation, my girlfriend is a diehard Duke fan (don't ask how I met her lol). But it would be her first Duke game ever and wants to sit close (100 level close). Obviously Stubhub is the way to go for the close seats, but I personally can't complain about tickets going fast. I have tickets to the game, but it'd be nice to take my girlfriend to her first Duke game and have some good seats.

For what it's worth, I'd shell out about $300-$400 for close seats.

Edit: I told my girlfriend about purchasing the season tickets idea. Sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
Some people aren't interested in being ticket scalpers. SU is leaving money on the table and turning a lot of people into ticket brokers. I think "real fans" would rather give their money to the school than pay for some guy's vacation. Seems silly but that's their call. Congrats on your scalping, nice to have the interest to broker tickets - only true fans do that. :bang:

Someone selling their own seats for a game they can't attend is now lumped in with ticket scalpers? The guy you responded to sold them to his family and friends. You think he's gouging people and acting like a scalper?

Buying seasons and selling the unused tix is just too much of a hassle. Just too many games to unload. I have football seasons but it's easy to sell a game or two and eat another. Furthermore, I don't find basketball trips to be as entertaining as football games because of the pregame/tailgating.

Selling to family and friends at face value is now considered scalping. Good to know.

You do realize my entire post has literally nothing to do with what you just wrote, right?

The only reason you believe that is because your reading comprehension skills are poor.

Selling to family and friends at face value is now considered scalping. Good to know.

It apparently makes you a better fan. And for all this time I had Cali as the #1 in these parts.

You're reselling a ticket - unlike most others far away you have a built in clientele. How you profit or not is your business. The posts here told people to buy seasons and scalp, financially it can work out to cover costs. I personally thing it's dumb the way SU has done this, because I think they could've made more money instead of how this is being done.

The only reason you believe that is because your reading comprehension skills are poor.
Did I mention, at any point in my original post, anything about getting tickets for the Duke game at all? No? Good. It looks like your reading comprehension is not up to par. Let me break down my post, just so you can follow along... okay? I did not discuss the actual purchase of tickets at all. I was wondering for those who have invested money in a program via being season ticket holder, which I stated that I was not, if they could look past themselves and some of the personal comforts for the benefit a program can experience at a one time event like moving the floor for the Duke game to the middle of the dome. I acknowledge that it would be something of a personal sacrifice for a season ticket holder. To me, it seems as though some of the season ticket holders have come across as being self-centered because of the multiple complaints about the comfort and "sight lines" of seating being impacted, not because the moving of the court negatively impacts Syracuse basketball. It's fine to disagree with me that moving the floor would benefit Syracuse basketball, but try to at least understand what I am talking about before going on on non season ticket holders being crybabies. Moron. Is that clear for you now, or do you need to go back and read my post again?

In my situation, my girlfriend is a diehard Duke fan (don't ask how I met her lol). But it would be her first Duke game ever and wants to sit close (100 level close). Obviously Stubhub is the way to go for the close seats, but I personally can't complain about tickets going fast. I have tickets to the game, but it'd be nice to take my girlfriend to her first Duke game and have some good seats.

For what it's worth, I'd shell out about $300-$400 for close seats.

Edit: I told my girlfriend about purchasing the season tickets idea. Sounds like a good idea.

So how did you meet her???

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom