Duke Tickets Sold Out | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Tickets Sold Out

Yep. As I suggested, use that money to buy a season tix, even non preferred. I think they are $450 each. Use the duke tix sell the rest and the Duke game becomes free. Where there is a will there is a way.

I seriously will do this next year. Thanks for the idea. When do I have to buy them? Some time in the summer I assume, right?

You can buy season tickets right now but you just don't get the benefit of selling 8 extras on Stubhub. $480 per seat.

The one thing I agree with the unhappy people about, which I said yesterday, is the 8 ticket deal for season ticket holders. At most it should have been capped at the number of seasons you have but 2 would have been best. I have NO DOUBT, many of those people used the opportunity to make a buck and weren't buying them for Aunt Susie. SU allowed that to happen. If any of those people put the seat numbers on stubhub, they should receive a call from SU since they can be identified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seriously will do this next year. Thanks for the idea. When do I have to buy them? Some time in the summer I assume, right?

You can still buy them. SU has held back tixs for people that might still buy seasons.

You can buy season tickets right now but you just don't get the benefit of selling 8 extras on Stubhub. $480 per seat.

What is donation per seat? Just a one time fee?

I'm too far away for season tix, so I can't put myself in your or other locals' shoes. However, wouldn't the atmosphere and the novelty of court in the middle of the Dome for one time only be worth not sitting in your normal seats for one game? I guess you can say you'd be sacrificing your seats, but I'm sure all season tix holders would get the best seats if the court were moved. You'd just have a different view of one game in front of the largest crowd in NCAA history. Is that not appealing to everyone?

I don't know if it'd diminish our home court advantage. The crowd would be crazy and the Dome would be rocking. The only disadvantageous part of the move would be the players not having their normal sight lines for shots and a disruption of the norm in terms of the home setup. But I think that would be minor compared to the atmosphere that could be in the Dome that day.

36k is a good enough atmosphere to me. Georgetown last year was nuts. Next year if they want to plan it out in advance and let donors know ahead of time it would probably go over better. Personally id prefer they do this for a non conference game if planned well ahead and season ticket holders know what their going to be gettig .

As for home court advantage don't discount just how important sit lines are to a home court advantage, especially In a Dome like ours. I think we will have a big advantage going against someone like Duke who has never played here. Id rather give us the better odds for a win even if it's only a slight advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

What is donation per seat? Just a one time fee?

You can get seasons with no donation. The map is on their site and was posted a couple times yesterday. There are 5 levels. A, B, C, D, and no donation.

Once game is officially sold out, why not set up a giant screen on the other side of the dome...and charge $15 a ticket to fill up the other side? It would easily fill.

Okay. So I’m going to somewhat repeat myself here, but not moving the dome was the absolute right move. The “its only one game” argument is crap. You may not be able to reward your season ticket holders, but you certainly don’t want to penalize them, and that’s essentially what you would do if you moved the court without warning. If they had come up with a reasonable plan months ago, I’d be willing to listen – but I doubt they have a plan that would hold all season ticket holders relatively harmless. You just can’t configure it that way.
When I was in my late teens and early 20’s, I simply couldn’t afford to go to a ton of games. And I certainly couldn’t afford season tickets. So I went to 1-2 games per year and it was usually the crappier games because Georgetown, St. Johns and Nova would have 30k plus in the dome and I wanted to be closer…so I went to the Providence’s and Seton Hall games. And my timing kinda sucked, because I’m the same age as Pearl – which means the glory years of Pearl, Sherm and DC were seen by me on TV...and back then…the freaking home games were blacked out. I don’t think half the people bitching about Duke tickets even grasp that concept. The #1 team in the nation was playing in my town, and I couldn’t watch the game because I lived in the same market. It’s unfathomable now. In fact, the reverse is true, fans are more valuable to teams sitting in front of their TV than they are in person.
Fast forward to today. I can afford season tickets…and I shell out happily. It’s my guarantee to a good seat for every game that I attend. And I know some people can’t shell out that kind of dough or simply are unwilling to. I completely understand…but just as I had to wait to afford season tickets…the same will be for many who don’t
But if you do the math…you could buy season tickets and make enough off the UNC / Indiana games to reduce your investment to a manageable level. It’s certainly a smaller investment that paying $400 per ticket to see Duke.
If you don’t do season tickets, don’t expect good seats to the best games. Its good ole’ supply and demand. But at least the games aren’t blacked out locally.

Jake, I get what you are saying, but I think you miss the point. I don't think people have the problem with season ticket holders, but I think the issue has more to do with season ticket holders who buy 8 tickets after the fact and sell them on stubhub. The same goes with the group tickets. I could care less, as an alum I bought most of my tickets yesterday. I bought my Duke tickets on Stubhub I should of got season tickets, but I will end up going to Indiana, Nova, Duke, UNC, Pitt, Miami, and NC State.

Also, what is the deal with student tickets for this game?

Students will get the usual 102, 103, 301,302, and 303. First Come first serve as usual. Those there first get the lower levels and if demands high, I imagine some get shut out or they have enough seats available for all the students they sell to.

Last edited:
These complainers are the financial backbone of the program. Yes, sour grapes.

And if your willing to pay so much to get in, then go buy one on stubhub. "$hundreds" of dollars will get you a pretty good seat.

There are 10 home weekend games, more than almost any recent year that I can recall. Includes games like Villanova, Miami, UNC, PITT , Duke, Clemson and NC State. Maybe people just like to argue but it's illogical fiscally not to purchase a season's ticket less so if one considers themselves an avid fan. So if you bought it only for the Duke game (which is hard to believe with that schedule) you don't think you'd recoup your money selling the UNC, Pitt, Villanova, NC State games etc? I won't post about it anymore because I hope people are just talking based on some type of emotion because it certainly isn't logical.

Why should people be ticket scalpers.

And it's not like the majority of people who graduated SU or for that matter people who grew up in Syracuse that had to move for one reason or another all relocated to Utica or Rochester.

I think the school left a lot of money on the table here.

36k is a good enough atmosphere to me. Georgetown last year was nuts. Next year if they want to plan it out in advance and let donors know ahead of time it would probably go over better. Personally id prefer they do this for a non conference game if planned well ahead and season ticket holders know what their going to be gettig .

As for home court advantage don't discount just how important sit lines are to a home court advantage, especially In a Dome like ours. I think we will have a big advantage going against someone like Duke who has never played here. Id rather give us the better odds for a win even if it's only a slight advantage

-

I am not gonna dig it up but with their NCAA tournaments and other games (like the Georgia Dome, etc) Duke isn't exactly a stranger to Domes. Sightlines for the players are the biggest reach in this.

There are 10 home weekend games, more than almost any recent year that I can recall. Includes games like Villanova, Miami, UNC, PITT , Duke, Clemson and NC State. Maybe people just like to argue but it's illogical fiscally not to purchase a season's ticket less so if one considers themselves an avid fan. So if you bought it only for the Duke game (which is hard to believe with that schedule) you don't think you'd recoup your money selling the UNC, Pitt, Villanova, NC State games etc? I won't post about it anymore because I hope people are just talking based on some type of emotion because it certainly isn't logical.

I think you are vastly misunderstanding my point.

I am not gonna dig it up but with their NCAA tournaments and other games (like the Georgia Dome, etc) Duke isn't exactly a stranger to Domes. Sightlines for the players are the biggest reach in this.
I'm not just talking about sigh lines I'm talking about home court comfort level. There is a reason teams shoot better at home then on the road. If we moved the court we would be giving away and advantage we had, as little as it may be.

Either way that's the least of my worries when talking about this subject

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Got hundred level seats for the U. of Miami and could have had them for Villanova. They are student section and during break...

Well, I broke down and took Bees advice and bought a season ticket. I had purchased a 6 pack earlier today but they cancelled it for me and put the amount towards the season ticket. Section 308 seems pretty good at this point - seats in that section are going for $174 for the Duke game and $128 for the North Carolina game right now on Stubhub. Let's Go Orange!

Well, I broke down and took Bees advice and bought a season ticket. I had purchased a 6 pack earlier today but they cancelled it for me and put the amount towards the season ticket. Section 308 seems pretty good at this point - seats in that section are going for $174 for the Duke game and $128 for the North Carolina game right now on Stubhub. Let's Go Orange!

Just curious, how many games are you going to be able to attend this season?

Just curious, how many games are you going to be able to attend this season?

I had planned to attend the Duke, North Carolina, Indiana and Pitt games if possible. I usually go to 3-4 games a year. Time and total cost are factors for me. So if I sell the rest not counting the early season games at an conservative average price of $40 for a total of $280 (right now they are an avg.price of $45 in my section), I'll be out $200 for those 4 games - a reasonable price given the amounts being asked on Stubhub.

I had planned to attend the Duke, North Carolina, Indiana and Pitt games if possible. I usually go to 3-4 games a year. Time and total cost are factors for me. So if I sell the rest not counting the early season games at an conservative average price of $40 for a total of $280 (right now they are an avg.price of $45 in my section), I'll be out $200 for those 4 games - a reasonable price given the amounts being asked on Stubhub.

Did you buy a single ticket or a pair?

Didn't mean to, CT. Wouldn't let me edit it either.

To your point though-- I live 5.5 hours from Syracuse and I have never even considered buying season tickets. It just doesn't make sense to me, imo.

So do we. But given this years schedule and projecting that forward, it made sense to buy season tix. I'm really glad we did!

Did you buy a single ticket or a pair?
Just one - they only had one seat in the location I chose. I normally go to the games every season with my Dad and 2 close friends. But none of them wanted to spring for the 6 pack or a season ticket. So I'll be going without them this year. It won't be the same and it's disappointing that it's getting tougher each year to get tickets together. Doubt it will change much next year.

I wonder if it will be tougher to sell 1 ticket as opposed to a pair? Guess we'll see. But I did not want to lay nearly a grand on the line to find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom