Duke Tickets Sold Out | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Tickets Sold Out

Yes, it's a shame that the people that pay for seats at every game want to have good seats at a game that everyone that watches the entire season from their couch wants to go to as well. They should enjoy those good seats versus Binghamton, but not for a game like Duke. Seriously, the non-season ticket holders come off in this as a bunch of crybabies - either suck it up and get season tickets or deal with maybe not getting tickets to the games you want.

Don't get season tickets at UNC? Don't expect to get seats to the Duke game. Don't get season tickets at Syracuse? Don't expect to get tickets to the Duke game. This is really simple stuff guys...

If you think you are a diehard but aren't buying season tickets, newsflash -YOU AREN'T. PERIOD. I lived in Indiana and still had season tickets, just because I wanted to have good seats at the 'big' games - and sold the ones I couldn't make to locals and family so I could recoup some of the costs. You don't live in Syracuse so you don't want to get season tix...but still want to cry when you can't get tickets to big games? Grow the up.

Clown post.

Did I mention, at any point in my original post, anything about getting tickets for the Duke game at all? No? Good. It looks like your reading comprehension is not up to par. Let me break down my post, just so you can follow along... okay? I did not discuss the actual purchase of tickets at all. I was wondering for those who have invested money in a program via being season ticket holder, which I stated that I was not, if they could look past themselves and some of the personal comforts for the benefit a program can experience at a one time event like moving the floor for the Duke game to the middle of the dome. I acknowledge that it would be something of a personal sacrifice for a season ticket holder. To me, it seems as though some of the season ticket holders have come across as being self-centered because of the multiple complaints about the comfort and "sight lines" of seating being impacted, not because the moving of the court negatively impacts Syracuse basketball. It's fine to disagree with me that moving the floor would benefit Syracuse basketball, but try to at least understand what I am talking about before going on on non season ticket holders being crybabies. Moron. Is that clear for you now, or do you need to go back and read my post again?
As a season ticket holder- my answer is no. I paid for tickets in my seats for duke. I want my seats for duke.

Tell you what, ill sell you my seats for duke at mid court front row third deck for face value, if you promise not to bitch when I send you tickets for section 321.

Consider my bait and switch as a way to better my program. I don't have a program yet, but ill come up with one,

By the way, we're Syracuse, not DePaul. Not sure we need to make sacrifices for "the betterment of the program".

And take a gander at the mock up in the thread below entitled "I had to comp it up", and tell me who is happy with any seat assignment without a telescope and megaphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

As a season ticket holder- my answer is no. I paid for tickets in my seats for duke. I want my seats for duke.

Tell you what, ill sell you my seats for duke at mid court front row third deck for face value, if you promise not to bitch when I send you tickets for section 321.

Consider my bait and switch as a way to better my program. I don't have a program yet, but ill come up with one,

By the way, we're Syracuse, not DePaul. Not sure we need to make sacrifices for "the betterment of the program".

And take a gander at the mock up in the thread below entitled "I had to comp it up", and tell me who is happy with any seat assignment without a telescope and megaphone.

-
I appreciate your response, as a season ticket holder you disagree with me on the benefits of moving the court and that's fine.

<Sour Grapes>

This game really should have been played in the center of the Dome. Yes, I am bringing this back up because there definitely would have been 50K people in the stands. Seriously, it could have been a killer one time event that would have elevated the national prestige of SU. Too bad some on this board could not see it as is, and would rather complain that their sight lines being altered.

Hell, I would have paid top dollar (read as $hundreds) for an upper deck seat in the last possible row just to experience that atmosphere. So I cannot stand when i read about how this this would have "robbed" or "bait and switched" season ticket holders and donors. Seems to me like these complainers would rather watch the game in a completely empty dome, so long as they can sit in their usual spots.

</Sour Grapes>

blame the short sighted administration for not planning better and working out a way to move the court before season tix were paid for so everyone would know what they got. Better off doing nothing than an ill planned and rushed action.

Have no problem with season ticket holders getting first shot at tickets, but 8 seems like a lot, and I bet a huge portion of those end up on Stubhub, which isn't great for the rest of us. Doubt SU really anticipated this magnitude of demand so early.

Most people suck as amateur ticket brokers. A majority of those folks are going to overprice those tickets in the 333, 334, and 335 sections and in the end won't make the bonanza they think they will on the deal.

Have no problem with season ticket holders getting first shot at tickets, but 8 seems like a lot, and I bet a huge portion of those end up on Stubhub, which isn't great for the rest of us. Doubt SU really anticipated this magnitude of demand so early.
I am glad that some Duke folks get to drop a few bucks inCNY at the hotels and restaurants. I mean that the administration shouldn't get Georgetowny trying to keep people away.

It apparently makes you a better fan. And for all this time I had Cali as the #1 in these parts.

You're reselling a ticket - unlike most others far away you have a built in clientele. How you profit or not is your business. The posts here told people to buy seasons and scalp, financially it can work out to cover costs. I personally thing it's dumb the way SU has done this, because I think they could've made more money instead of how this is being done.

Anyone that feels this way has no right to complain when Syracuse does things like have commercials during breaks instead of the band playing, since that maximizes revenues.

Did I mention, at any point in my original post, anything about getting tickets for the Duke game at all? No? Good. It looks like your reading comprehension is not up to par. Let me break down my post, just so you can follow along... okay? I did not discuss the actual purchase of tickets at all. I was wondering for those who have invested money in a program via being season ticket holder, which I stated that I was not, if they could look past themselves and some of the personal comforts for the benefit a program can experience at a one time event like moving the floor for the Duke game to the middle of the dome. I acknowledge that it would be something of a personal sacrifice for a season ticket holder. To me, it seems as though some of the season ticket holders have come across as being self-centered because of the multiple complaints about the comfort and "sight lines" of seating being impacted, not because the moving of the court negatively impacts Syracuse basketball. It's fine to disagree with me that moving the floor would benefit Syracuse basketball, but try to at least understand what I am talking about before going on on non season ticket holders being crybabies. Moron. Is that clear for you now, or do you need to go back and read my post again?

Season ticket holders bought tickets expecting good seats to the Duke game. I don't like the idea of paying for a steak, getting served a hamburger, and being told I should just suck it up for the good of the program.

Maybe you aren't a crybaby - but not understanding why people would be upset at the idea of a bait-and-switch like that and then trying to shame them into feeling differently definitely makes me question your intelligence and understanding of human motivations.

Yes, it's a shame that the people that pay for seats at every game want to have good seats at a game that everyone that watches the entire season from their couch wants to go to as well. They should enjoy those good seats versus Binghamton, but not for a game like Duke. Seriously, the non-season ticket holders come off in this as a bunch of crybabies - either suck it up and get season tickets or deal with maybe not getting tickets to the games you want.

Don't get season tickets at UNC? Don't expect to get seats to the Duke game. Don't get season tickets at Syracuse? Don't expect to get tickets to the Duke game. This is really simple stuff guys...

If you think you are a diehard but aren't buying season tickets, newsflash -YOU AREN'T. PERIOD. I lived in Indiana and still had season tickets, just because I wanted to have good seats at the 'big' games - and sold the ones I couldn't make to locals and family so I could recoup some of the costs. You don't live in Syracuse so you don't want to get season tix...but still want to cry when you can't get tickets to big games? Grow the up.

I agree that season ticket holders shouldn't have their seats moved after they have purchased their tickets. But I don't think it's fair to say that if someone doesn't buy season tickets, they aren't a diehard fan.

I agree that season ticket holders shouldn't have their seats moved after they have purchased their tickets. But I don't think it's fair to say that if someone doesn't buy season tickets, they aren't a diehard fan.
It's true. You could be a fiscally challenged die hard fan. I fall into that category. To be fair, I think he was mostly telling the cherry pickers to not complain about missing out on a sold out Duke game. If you don't have season tickets, you take your chances when trying to buy single game tickets to the big games.

Season ticket holders bought tickets expecting good seats to the Duke game. I don't like the idea of paying for a steak, getting served a hamburger, and being told I should just suck it up for the good of the program.

Maybe you aren't a crybaby - but not understanding why people would be upset at the idea of a bait-and-switch like that and then trying to shame them into feeling differently definitely makes me question your intelligence and understanding of human motivations.
And you continue to show everyone here that you are an idiot, making wild assumptions and completely misinterpreting what I have written... good effort though.

I quit my job, moved across the world to Sydney, Australia, painted all my clothes orange, changed my name to Bimmy Joeheim, caught a kangaroo and named it Otto, AND bought season tickets to Syracuse football, basketball, AND lacrosse. Look how diehard I am. YOLO.

#mybloodismoreorangethanyours.

Most people suck as amateur ticket brokers. A majority of those folks are going to overprice those tickets in the 333, 334, and 335 sections and in the end won't make the bonanza they think they will on the deal.

Probably right, but that still doesn't help us who are trying to go to the game. For me personally, I'll probably end up paying a pretty high price for tickets on the court side of the curtain, so it's whatever, but I know a bunch of people down here in NYC who aren't going to make the trip now, which is unfortunate. It also won't look great if there are a bunch of unsold tickets leaving silver splotches all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom