Duke vs South Carolina GT | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Duke vs South Carolina GT

Nah, Greenville is about 80-90 miles from Columbia.

Duke is much further away.

There's also a lot of SC fans in Greenville even though its Clemson's city.

It's a 3 1/2 or 4 hour drive from Durham to Greenville.

Everyone thought there would be an epic Duke/Nova regional final at Msg, how about a S carolina/Florida regional Final?

105 miles from Columbia. Duke is 235 miles away. Only a couple hours difference. I also bet there are a good number of Duke fans in Greenville, and I know there are a good number of Duke fans in Charlotte, which is essentially the same distance to Greenville as Columbia is.
Greenville is becoming a more transient city but there's a ton of Gamecock fans here.

I could care less that Duke fans feel slighted by this but I'll absolutely agree that they had to play a road game tonight.

Duke was a 6-1/2 to 7-1/2 point favorite...tee hee.

Only Kentucky, and UNC to go. Then I don't care who wins. The whole ACC affiliation is insane to me. I hate these teams all year, then I'm supposed to root for them? Put us against USC, instead of Wake, and I bet we are looking at the 2nd weekend. I wanted to play Baylor more than any top tier team.

No one wants to hear from a crying Duke fan, they get to play tourney games in nc every year.

True, but typically it's because they've earned it with a top 4 seed. Top 4 seeds are supposed to be protected. USC being a 7 seed playing in their backyard against a 2 seed is just another example of a screw-up by the committee in regards to their very questionable seedings/placements this tournament.

Duke played 7 players and gave up 65 points in the second half. I guess Coach K should step down.

Not again. Your rant on this same exact thing was enough the last time. Duke went on to win the ACC tournament afterwards. But hey, we get it. :rolleyes:

Not again. Your rant on this same exact thing was enough the last time. Duke went on to win the ACC tournament afterwards. But hey, we get it. :rolleyes:

Yup. This again. When people stop being dumb about Boeheim, I'll stop this.

Until then...every chance I get! Short benches and bad defense. He should retire! Or hire assistants who understand the game!

Consistency.

Until then...every chance I get! Short benches and bad defense. He should retire! Or hire assistants who understand the game!

Consistency.

Feel free. But just as the boy who cried wolf, you'll be tuned out. :)

Consistency.
Could you maybe cite examples of coaches who do this stuff and are perennial bubble teams over the past 3 years while having mediocre at best recruiting classes and failing to win a game in their conference tournaments?

Thanks.

Could you maybe cite examples of coaches who do this stuff and are perennial bubble teams over the past 3 years while having mediocre at best recruiting classes and failing to win a game in their conference tournaments?

Thanks.

People get real weird with the time periods when they're trying to make a point. 3 years seems like a pretty arbitrary number. Do I have to pretend the final four didn't happen too? Or should I dismiss it as lucky?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom