Duke vs South Carolina GT | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Duke vs South Carolina GT

People get real weird with the time periods when they're trying to make a point. 3 years seems like a pretty arbitrary number. Do I have to pretend the final four didn't happen too? Or should I dismiss it as lucky?
Hey, if JB coaches another few years and these new recruits turn out to be studs and we safely make the tournament these next few years, I'll gladly eat crow.

That being said, your posts are about coaches and teams who have been very successful lately both on the court and in recruiting and moving forward are still bringing in elite talents.

We are showing major cracks in the foundation that none of these other teams you make your remarks about are. That's the issue. Duke, Louisville and Syracuse are not the same right now. Like I said, I'll gladly eat crow if JB gets the ship turned around next year.

Hey, if JB coaches another few years and these new recruits turn out to be studs and we safely make the tournament these next few years, I'll gladly eat crow.

That being said, your posts are about coaches and teams who have been very successful lately both on the court and in recruiting and moving forward are still bringing in elite talents.

We are showing major cracks in the foundation that none of these other teams you make your remarks about are. That's the issue. Duke, Louisville and Syracuse are not the same right now. Like I said, I'll gladly eat crow if JB gets the ship turned around next year.

That's kindve the point of probation. To hurt programs. It hurt our recruiting. Playing 7, and our zone didn't magically become a problem. This was the first year we've been bad on defense that I remember recently. Our players aren't as good as normal. That's it.

I'm bringing up Coach K, whose players are as good as usual, to see if people blame his team's losses on the defensive scheme he had his team play or the short bench he used. Just going for some consistency. Don't see why that's a problem.

That's kindve the point of probation. To hurt programs. It hurt our recruiting. Playing 7, and our zone didn't magically become a problem. This was the first year we've been bad on defense that I remember recently. Our players aren't as good as normal. That's it.

I'm bringing up Coach K, whose players are as good as usual, to see if people blame his team's losses on the defensive scheme he had his team play or the short bench he used. Just going for some consistency. Don't see why that's a problem.
They are. Duke fans are actually starting to turn on K and their style/strategy.

I get the probation hurt. Acknowledged, but there were many recruiting mistakes made in the past few years. Many...

They are. Duke fans are actually starting to turn on K and their style/strategy.

I get the probation hurt. Acknowledged, but there were many recruiting mistakes made in the past few years. Many...

Mistakes are amplified in importance when you have fewer scholarships. Even in our previous great seasons we recruited guys like Sean Williams and Dashonte Riley, but it didn't hurt us because we had more scholarships to work with.

Mistakes are amplified in importance when you have fewer scholarships. Even in our previous great seasons we recruited guys like Sean Williams and Dashonte Riley, but it didn't hurt us because we had more scholarships to work with.
Agreed.

I still have a problem with how egregious some of the misses have been along with the documented lack of effort on the recruiting trail by JB and the staff.

I am still smiling today about last night's wonderful Duke loss.

A lot of people liking Dukes's loss to S Carolina. But if that was SU as a#2 seed having to play the #7 seed on what was a virtual home court we'd be screaming bloody murder. And rightfully so. Terrible job by the committee. That venue was closer to the S. Carolina campus than Albany is to Syracuse.

A lot of people liking Dukes's loss to S Carolina. But if that was SU as a#2 seed having to play the #7 seed on what was a virtual home court we'd be screaming bloody murder. And rightfully so. Terrible job by the committee. That venue was closer to the S. Carolina campus than Albany is to Syracuse.

Yup, Imagine playing Boston College in second round somewhere in Mass (i know thats crazy but it makes the point) with Uconn fans still in the stands from their game prior

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom