Duke's 2-3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's 2-3

longislandcuse

Living Legend
LOVE how they are playing the 2-3 against ND.

No open threes. No lay ups. All the mid-range two's your heart desires. Even with Colson hitting 2 after 2 after 2, they don't get any momentum 3's and can't gain any ground popping little jumpers.

As if this season couldn't get even more frustrating, Coach K takes our defense and modernizes it the way half this board has been clamoring for our coach to do at the start of every game.

No open threes. No lay ups. All the mid-range two's your heart desires. Even with Colson hitting 2 after 2 after 2, they don't get any momentum 3's and can't gain any ground popping little jumpers.

As if this season couldn't get even more frustrating, Coach K takes our defense and modernizes it the way half this board has been clamoring for our coach to do at the start of every game.
I love how they scored 88. If we did that every game what would record be.

I love how none of the announcers, even Bilas, gives JB any credit for teaching the 2-3 zone to coach K. It's like isn't K a genius for playing zone? Looks like K got more out of picking JB's brain during USA Basketball than vice versa.

I love how none of the announcers, even Bilas, gives JB any credit for teaching the 2-3 zone to coach K. It's like isn't K a genius for playing zone? Looks like K got more out of picking JB's brain during USA Basketball than vice versa.
If we're lucky, after the season maybe K and a few of the board coaches will give a zone clinic and invite JB.

They also apply some 2-2-1 token pressure which reduces the shot clock and sometimes results in turnovers , all the while not burning your guys out

We’ll since the Gulf of Tonken ... errr I mean the loss to lemoyne ... we aren’t going to play any man at all

I love how fans on our board think K improved the zone while giving up 70 points

I wouldn’t be so quick to use absolute points as an indicator of how good a defense is . There are ALOT more possessions in a Duke vs Note Dame game than your average SU game
Jim Boeheim is a better teacher of zone defense that Coach K and Syracuse this year was a better zone defensive team. This is so obvious to me I will need to come up with statistics to back it up. Give me a few moments. It’s like saying the weather is warmer in Alaska than Hawaii. I know that isn’t true but it seems so obvious. Why are we talking about it

Jim Boeheim is a better teacher of zone defense that Coach K and Syracuse this year was a better zone defensive team. This is so obvious to me I will need to come up with statistics to back it up. Give me a few moments. It’s like saying the weather is warmer in Alaska than Hawaii. I know that isn’t true but it seems so obvious. Why are we talking about it
Duke is a Top 10 defense since committing to the zone.

Duke is a Top 10 defense since committing to the zone.
Syracuse is the #8 Fg percentage defense in the nation. I don’t have stats regarding Duke splitting there time running m2m to zone. They are outside the top 10, I believe 12 or so. Can you share the stats you are referencing

Syracuse is the #8 Fg percentage defense in the nation. I don’t have stats regarding Duke splitting there time running m2m to zone. They are outside the top 10, I believe 12 or so. Can you share the stats you are referencing
They talked all about Duke's defensive ratings during the Duke/ND game. They've been one of the best defensive teams in the country since switching to zone.

...unless Bilas and Shulman are making that up.

I’m sure JB is a better teacher of it but we don’t have the ideal personnel for it this year. I don’t care what our defensive efficiency numbers are this year. Part of it is because we held the ball so damn long on offense so opponents had fewer possessions. Record number of shot clock violations as well? I digress. But, teams like Duke, UNC, UVA, and others did whoop us inside. Louisville was before they went away from it. Duke is very good on defense especially inside with their zone.

They talked all about Duke's defensive ratings during the Duke/ND game. They've been one of the best defensive teams in the country since switching to zone.

...unless Bilas and Shulman are making that up.
It has to be true when I look for objective Duke analysis the first place I go is Shulman and Bilas

I’m sure JB is a better teacher of it but we don’t have the ideal personnel for it this year. I don’t care what our defensive efficiency numbers are this year. Part of it is because we held the ball so damn long on offense. But, teams like Duke, UNC, UVA, and others did whoop us inside. Louisville was before they went away from it. Duke is very good on defense especially inside with their zone.
What does us holding the ball have to do with our defensive field goal percentage

It has to be true when I look for objective Duke analysis the first place I go is Shulman and Bilas
I'm pretty sure they didn't just make up a random stat like "Duke has been a Top 10 defense since switching to zone". They also doubled down by mentioning they are a top 10 offense and only one other team has a top 25 offense and defense, that being Villanova.

Yeah, where's our version of the Duke offense??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom