Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want? A video? If it wasn’t “proven”, he wouldn’t have lost his job and would’ve remained suspended.
Let me be very clear, I don’t make these types of judgements without facts. And I sympathize with victims. But, I’m not a judge or a jury, and I won’t put guilt on someone who wasn’t convicted of that in a court of law.

I don’t assume things that wreck people’s lives.

And I see people do things for financial gain on a regular basis that make me a skeptic.

He lost his job right after Sandusky happenings... it was the next witch hunt whether he was guilty or not and was called exploitation by more than one.

I only know what I know.

“One of our players, Jalen Johnson, declared for the NBA Draft and is not playing now for the remainder of the season. That’s a decision that he and his parents and I and our staff, discussed and went through all the stuff about it. And we all are fully supportive of him. And so are his teammates, the guys on the team. Really, any youngster whether he’s an athlete or a he’s a student, they have the right to make decisions. And we as adults need to give them guidance and tell them what we think and then be supportive. That’s how I feel about this. The reason I’m coaching is because of players, not because of coaches or administrators. The collegiate game is about kids, and kids should be given an opportunity to make the decisions that they want to, and then they own them. That’s the one thing about decisions, you own them. And then when you own them, there’s a greater chance that it will work out.”

weird...
I don’t understand why K didn’t just say “screw this kid! We’re better without him! can anyone explain why this was the statement from K instead of a truth bomb?

Duh! Because K wants the next sure fire NBA draft pick(s) to spend 7 months in Durham before heading off to the 2nd step in their Pro careers.

He can’t afford the truth here.

Bilas is getting to the point in his career when he loves the smell of his farts. Just entertain me during games Bilas stop talking down the audience like you are some authority.

Agree. I could've done without JB's comments on this matter, but Jay's "smartest guy in the room" act has grown thin with me for a few years now.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who is sick of Bilas. He has become insufferable this season. The smart-ass know-it-all act is old.

I used to enjoy him on the call for ACC games but he barely talks basketball at this point. If I want to listen to a broadcast like that I’d rather it be Walton, at least he’s entertaining.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who is sick of Bilas. He has become insufferable this season. The smart-ass know-it-all act is old.

I used to enjoy him on the call for ACC games but he barely talks basketball at this point. If I want to listen to a broadcast like that I’d rather it be Walton, at least he’s entertaining.

Yeah I agree with a lot of his points, but he’s turned into a basketball politician on every topic. I think that’s just the lawyer in him.

Let me be very clear, I don’t make these types of judgements without facts. And I sympathize with victims. But, I’m not a judge or a jury, and I won’t put guilt on someone who wasn’t convicted of that in a court of law.

I don’t assume things that wreck people’s lives.

And I see people do things for financial gain on a regular basis that make me a skeptic.

He lost his job right after Sandusky happenings... it was the next witch hunt whether he was guilty or not and was called exploitation by more than one.

I only know what I know.
The Laurie Fine recording was enough for me, seems like it was enough for the university, was enough for JB to open his wallet, was enough for for anybody involved in American basketball to not hire him.

The Laurie Fine recording was enough for me, seems like it was enough for the university, was enough for JB to open his wallet, was enough for for anybody involved in American basketball to not hire him.
JB opened his wallet for a completely different reason. Again though, assumptions.

There are three guys that kind of fit that description for me - Bilas, Vitale and Dakich. Bilas for the over the top pontificating about various aspects of the sport. Vitale and Dakich won't let the game breathe. Excedrin is required for any game those two call. Walton can be funny but he's an impossible listen if u care about the outcome of the game.

Yeah I agree with a lot of his points, but he’s turned into a basketball politician on every topic. I think that’s just the lawyer in him.
He thinks he is smarter than everyone. I am an ahole but I don’t pretend to be smarter than someone. He is drinking the ESPN Kool-aid and his inner Dukie has come out.
I used to enjoy his calls but not anymore.

There are three guys that kind of fit that description for me - Bilas, Vitale and Dakich. Bilas for the over the top pontificating about various aspects of the sport. Vitale and Dakich won't let the game breathe. Excedrin is required for any game those two call. Walton can be funny but he's an impossible listen if u care about the outcome of the game.
I don’t really care for Dakich as a person but he’s great talking hoops. I really enjoy his calls

The Virginia Tech HC wasn’t taking a shot if he was JB would have gone back at him.
It was said in a manner that wasn’t insulting.
Correct. And remember the coach never even said the statement. Everyone misquoted him. I detailed it in the original thread. “He can’t shoot a lick” was LITERALLY never said

And? You’re not proving anything to do with our discussion?
I was trying to prove something? There was never a trial, there was evidence, and there ware repercussions to the evidence that you choose to ignore because there weren’t 12 random people to say he was guilty because of statute of limitations.

I don’t give an F he was a part of the program for 3 decades, I’m not going to stand with a probable pedophile which you have no problem doing.

Any other pedos that weren’t convicted that you stand by? Or is Bernie the only one?

JB’s comments about Jalen Johnson were just textbook 8D chess.

He is concerned that Cuse’s future massive blowout victory over Duke will be pooh poohed by the media and NCAA selection committee as something less than a quality win, so he is getting out in front of that and saying Duke is better without Johnson.

He did something similar during another segment of this week’s radio show. JB is itching to get back to his habit of eating out at restaurants without catching any static. So he stated that dining at restaurants does not spread Covid...only indoor parties and gathering do. Again, he’s getting out in front of any criticism.

What do you want? A video? If it wasn’t “proven”, he wouldn’t have lost his job and would’ve remained suspended.
No. It wasn't proven. Because it didn't happen.

Two out of the four accusers recanted.

A third (Lang) has intimated (without actually admitting) that it was BS.

Bernie was fired by an overzealous chancellor who was determined to win the PR game.

The story was kept alive and mostly reported by ESPN's Outside the Lines and Mark Schwartz, who were rank amateurs in covering actual news. Schwartz actually (unbelievably) committed witness tampering when he facilitated a call between Bobby Davis and Zach Tomaselli. That's just one of many ethics issues their work suffered from.

The FBI investigated the case for well over a year. They interviewed 130 witnesses, and scoured 100,000 documents, including those on Bernie's computers and cell phones. Their final report went something like this: We're closing this investigation. If you hear anything, please call this toll free number.

Bobby Davis got his payday.

I agree 100% it’s not about racism and Bilas whom I have been losing respect in for a while lost even more from me if he implied it was racism.

JB didn’t bring Devendorf back for 2010 and that wasn’t because of race.
He thought the team would be better without him and Paul Harris. I believe they kicked off because they were killing our APR by not going to classes.

Anyway JB isn’t liked by the media at large. So he doesn’t need to speak about Johnson when it does him no benefit and can be made into the story it is.

If Belichick did something like JB you would hammer him.

JB just needs to stop putting himself into the media on stuff that doesn’t help him. I asked him about bill Raftery and golf because MikeSU wanted to fun stuff said and because he wouldn’t step in with those type of questions.
Maybe he spoke for K who couldn’t speak.
Loyal Jim maybe loyal to a fault, but I’ll take that over some politically correct BS answer.

Big Monday should be real interesting with SU at Duke and Bilas on the call.

Maybe he spoke for K who couldn’t speak.
Loyal Jim maybe loyal to a fault, but I’ll take that over some politically correct BS answer.
That is stupid.
What benefit does it do JB.
Loyalty does have a fault. JB is taking unnecessary heat from the national media who want content to bash him.

JB needs a damn filter. If he wants to be Charles Barkley retire and become an analyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom