Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
And they were victims of s e xual assault they should’ve taken them to the cleaners.
Were they? It was never proven.

And yes, victims should be taken care of in the event that they are, ya know, victims.

Should Bernie get justice if the allegations were false?

Waaaay to much is being make of this one comment.

And our program is not in a 'shambles'. it's in a rut. But we are still 12-6 with a winning record in a power conference and would have been much better if our center hadn't torn his knee up 4 minutes into the season.

No, it's not making too much of one comment. It's not only now in the news cycle, it's a pattern with JB.

It also can be used against us in recruiting.

A rut is losing 2 or 3 games in a row because shots aren't falling.

JB's comments, us missing on top talent, playing JGIII and Buddy like they're all americans.

The ACC stinks this year and 5 of our 6 conference wins have been against a JV BC team, a lame NCSU team, a bad Miami team and our one good win is VT.

Our OOC wins are barely beating an NEC team, two MAAC teams, a CAA team, a MAC team that would have beat us if not for AG's saving block, and GTown.

This is a good year?

Waaaay to much is being make of this one comment.

And our program is not in a 'shambles'. it's in a rut. But we are still 12-6 with a winning record in a power conference and would have been much better if our center hadn't torn his knee up 4 minutes into the season.
Completely agree.

jimmy fallon popcorn GIF

That isn’t why the frustration level is up.
It’s not this season.
The continuation of the status quo in almost facet of the program.
When that status quo is mediocrity.

If JB changed some stuff up and it caused taking one step back to go forward their would be more patience.
He made himself the story with Jalen Johnson for no reason.
He should know that.
It doesn’t matter if you are right or wrong anymore narratives are all the media will use when it’s filling content.
He didn’t make himself the story. Whiny ppl that can’t handle the truth made it a story.

Bilas insinuating racism is just so over the top.

How can people become “outraged” by someone telling the truth? It’s not logical.

That isn’t why the frustration level is up.
It’s not this season.
The continuation of the status quo in almost facet of the program.
When that status quo is mediocrity.

If JB changed some stuff up and it caused taking one step back to go forward their would be more patience.
He made himself the story with Jalen Johnson for no reason.
He should know that.
It doesn’t matter if you are right or wrong anymore narratives are all the media will use when it’s filling content.

jim has been doing this for (checking notes) 40 odd years. He’s an opinionated guy who is probably going to be clipped woody hayes style now that he’s in his late 70s.

I fail to see the issue here? Are college players off limits to criticism. Does this change if they get paid?

we need to calm down about the impact of syraxuse. Guy is a legend no matter what and is a great coach. We are lucky to have had him so long. He could have left for more money and continued coaching anywhere. The loyalty has cut both ways but it’s a deal I’m happy with

He didn’t make himself the story. Whiny ppl that can’t handle the truth made it a story.

Bilas insinuating racism is just so over the top.

How can people become “outraged” by someone telling the truth? It’s not logical.
I agree 100% it’s not about racism and Bilas whom I have been losing respect in for a while lost even more from me if he implied it was racism.

JB didn’t bring Devendorf back for 2010 and that wasn’t because of race.
He thought the team would be better without him and Paul Harris. I believe they kicked off because they were killing our APR by not going to classes.

Anyway JB isn’t liked by the media at large. So he doesn’t need to speak about Johnson when it does him no benefit and can be made into the story it is.

If Belichick did something like JB you would hammer him.

JB just needs to stop putting himself into the media on stuff that doesn’t help him. I asked him about bill Raftery and golf because MikeSU wanted to fun stuff said and because he wouldn’t step in with those type of questions.

jim has been doing this for (checking notes) 40 odd years. He’s an opinionated guy who is probably going to be clipped woody hayes style now that he’s in his late 70s.

I fail to see the issue here? Are college players off limits to criticism. Does this change if they get paid?

we need to calm down about the impact of syraxuse. Guy is a legend no matter what and is a great coach. We are lucky to have had him so long. He could have left for more money and continued coaching anywhere. The loyalty has cut both ways but it’s a deal I’m happy with
College players not on your team you should shut up about when it’s not your team and you don’t know the situation.

How would JB feel if a coach talked about Buddy struggling and questioning why he plays so much and if the team would be better without him?

"be clipped woody hayes-style"?

If he's like Woody Hayes, then yes, he should get clipped.

College players not on your team you should shut up about when it’s not your team and you don’t know the situation.

How would JB feel if a coach talked about Buddy struggling and questioning why he plays so much and if the team would be better without him?
Kadary can’t shoot a lick?

Just playing devil’s advocate.

Kadary can’t shoot a lick?

Just playing devil’s advocate.
The Virginia Tech HC wasn’t taking a shot if he was JB would have gone back at him.
It was said in a manner that wasn’t insulting.

I agree 100% it’s not about racism and Bilas whom I have been losing respect in for a while lost even more from me if he implied it was racism.

JB didn’t bring Devendorf back for 2010 and that wasn’t because of race.
He thought the team would be better without him and Paul Harris. I believe they kicked off because they were killing our APR by not going to classes.

Anyway JB isn’t liked by the media at large. So he doesn’t need to speak about Johnson when it does him no benefit and can be made into the story it is.

If Belichick did something like JB you would hammer him.

JB just needs to stop putting himself into the media on stuff that doesn’t help him. I asked him about bill Raftery and golf because MikeSU wanted to fun stuff said and because he wouldn’t step in with those type of questions.
Belichick doesn’t ever tell the truth so your hypothetical is moot.

The Virginia Tech HC wasn’t taking a shot if he was JB would have gone back at him.
It was said in a manner that wasn’t insulting.
Insulting is subjective. I bet Kadary didn’t find it in a manner that wasn’t insulting. I bet he said F off. Which is what 99% of us do when people say things we don’t like and keep it moving.

Not to split hairs but I will...Johnson is a former Duke player. He didn’t go after a current player.

Were they? It was never proven.

And yes, victims should be taken care of in the event that they are, ya know, victims.

Should Bernie get justice if the allegations were false?
What do you want? A video? If it wasn’t “proven”, he wouldn’t have lost his job and would’ve remained suspended.

Bilas is getting to the point in his career when he loves the smell of his farts. Just entertain me during games Bilas stop talking down the audience like you are some authority.

Getting to? Been that way for a while now...

Any reasonable person would look at Jay's tweet and assume that JB used the words "posse" and "camp." The former of which is way worse than the latter.

If JB didn't use those words (which he didn't appear to) then Bilas needs to publicly clarify and/or apologize immediately.

There is a HUGE difference between being catty and being racist. JB's comments about Jalen Johnson were catty, but he's clearly not a racist person at all.

And if Bilas really wants to be woke, he can knock off those daily tone-deaf rap lyrics he tweets saying things like "I'm from the ghetto" etc. etc.

“One of our players, Jalen Johnson, declared for the NBA Draft and is not playing now for the remainder of the season. That’s a decision that he and his parents and I and our staff, discussed and went through all the stuff about it. And we all are fully supportive of him. And so are his teammates, the guys on the team. Really, any youngster whether he’s an athlete or a he’s a student, they have the right to make decisions. And we as adults need to give them guidance and tell them what we think and then be supportive. That’s how I feel about this. The reason I’m coaching is because of players, not because of coaches or administrators. The collegiate game is about kids, and kids should be given an opportunity to make the decisions that they want to, and then they own them. That’s the one thing about decisions, you own them. And then when you own them, there’s a greater chance that it will work out.”

weird...
I don’t understand why K didn’t just say “screw this kid! We’re better without him! can anyone explain why this was the statement from K instead of a truth bomb?

I think JB should stay out of these situations involving players from other teams. Not the first time. It's bad enough when he's publicly ripping his own players...

Status
Not open for further replies.