Dungey not in any of the upperclassmen games? | Syracusefan.com

Dungey not in any of the upperclassmen games?

JrodCuse

All Conference
Seems weird he wouldn’t get invited to senior bowl or any of those other games. Have they not announced the rosters yet?

Seems weird he wouldn’t get invited to senior bowl or any of those other games. Have they not announced the rosters yet?

I’ve only seen Slayton to the East-West shrine game.

Really hope this kid gets a shot to earn a roster spot in the NFL.

Given the number of developmental QBs teams draft in the late rounds, I think he's got a puncher's chance. I wonder if his accuracy would improve if he were able to be on the sidelines for a year and not subjecting his body to a ton of punishment, enabling him to fully recuperate physically.

Could totally see Dungey being the third QB / practice squad guy for a team like Green Bay, where he'd benefit from learning from a HOFer like Aaron Rogers, who employs a similar style.

Given the number of developmental QBs teams draft in the late rounds, I think he's got a puncher's chance. I wonder if his accuracy would improve if he were able to be on the sidelines for a year and not subjecting his body to a ton of punishment, enabling him to fully recuperate physically.

Could totally see Dungey being the third QB / practice squad guy for a team like Green Bay, where he'd benefit from learning from a HOFer like Aaron Rogers, who employs a similar style.

Bingo. Learning from a stud QB will help that kid so much.

Eruc

Eric has a unique style kid can certainly play and hopefully he gets a chance . But he does not employ a style to Rodgers that’s a unique cat as well

Eruc

Eric has a unique style kid can certainly play and hopefully he gets a chance . But he does not employ a style to Rodgers that’s a unique cat as well

I readily admit that he has nowhere near Rodgers accuracy / deep arm, but style of play is similar otherwise.

I don’t think Eric is getting invited but he has a last minute chance. While the official rosters haven’t been announced, most of the invites have gone out. But there’s a few slots left so maybe...

I recommend he take Will Grier's slot cuz Will could get hurt.

Grier is playing. It’s part of the NFL process because the NFL makes recommendations on who they want to see.

Grier is playing. It’s part of the NFL process because the NFL makes recommendations on who they want to see.
I heard he'll only play if he can wear a red jersey.

How so ?

Mobility. Ability to make plays on the run. Improvisation. Fearlessness. Risk taking.

Comparing college players to established pros who've performed at a high level is always tricky - especially when the comparison is being made to a surefire HOFer. I fully acknowledge that Dungey isn't the passer Rodgers is [very few have that kind of arm talent], and I'm not suggesting that Dungey has anywhere near Rodger's kind of potential. But Dungey seems cut from the same mold in terms of style of play.

Last edited:

Dungey learns from Rodgers, Rodgers retires, Dungey wins a Superbowl, I cry uncontrollably.

I've been a Packers fan since I was a wee lad.

I have to believe that now that Eric has signed with a high profile agent a few people are interested in him at the next level. The agents will pay for Eric to go train for the combine they will pay for people to train him for interviews... that’s not cheap. A bigger name agent won’t lay out money without having an idea that some one is interested in him.

I have to believe that now that Eric has signed with a high profile agent a few people are interested in him at the next level. The agents will pay for Eric to go train for the combine they will pay for people to train him for interviews... that’s not cheap. A bigger name agent won’t lay out money without having an idea that some one is interested in him.
Dungey is training at Tracy ford. I’m not sure if the cost for that training but it has to be way up there. They house them in the apartments the Seahawks use. Train 6 to 8 hours a day. Handle their nutrition. Everything. This is the training I would love to get shy into. They did an awesome job with Zaire. Really improved his 40 and most other measurables. Plus he lost fat and gained muscle. He came out to his pro day looking amazing

65C9798D-F6FF-409D-8D16-272B571ABED2.jpeg

ACC all time leader in rushing TDs and yards? Really? Wow didn't realize that. Some of those stats listed there are kinda crazy.

Buffalo Bills, he is better than anyone on their roster. Oh I forget Buffalo never looks at Syracuse players.
No, he’s not better than josh Allen. Very similar players though. Both extremely agile on their feet, and tough. Very highly competitive. Both struggle with accuracy at times but Allen has a rocket arm. That’s the big difference.

No, he’s not better than josh Allen. Very similar players though. Both extremely agile on their feet, and tough. Very highly competitive. Both struggle with accuracy at times but Allen has a rocket arm. That’s the big difference.
Oh yea he has been just great for Buffalo. won every game this year. Sorry, but Buffalo does not have a QB that is worth a c--p.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom