Dungey To the Browns??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey To the Browns???

Or Rex Grossman to name another former Bear stiff

Hey!!! that's my team, now things are getting personal.

In fairness to sexy rexy, that guy could throw the ball. Nobody knew where it was going but he had an arm. He was a slightly crappier version of Jay Cutler without the bad attitude.

Hey!!! that's my team, now things are getting personal.

In fairness to s e xy rexy, that guy could throw the ball. Nobody knew where it was going but he had an arm. He was a slightly crappier version of Jay Cutler without the bad attitude.

I have lived in Illinois the past 20 years so the Bears are my adopted team, so I am getting personal against myself I guess :). your description of Rex is dead on. I despised Cutler, he destroyed that team between his play, them hiring Martz to fix him, then getting rid of Olsen because idiot Martz hates pass catching tight ends, then hiring Trestman to fix him, which set them back even more. Good lord, Cutler truly is the devil.

I love how everybody’s better at evaluating back-up quarterbacks than anyone on earth.

Yeah he already had a shot and he definitely won’t make it…

How about rooting for the kid regardless of your thoughts and hoping he does well.

My take. No one can argue ED is a pro style pocket passer deep ball assassin. So what is he as a QB? He is a tough, mobile, running, play making, risk taking leader. Not great at either short finesse touch passes or deep balls into tight coverage, but seems at least adequate at most throws. Reading and reacting quickly to complex NFL defensive schemes is also likely a challenge.

Now, what do you want in a backup QB? A game manager to run a low risk scaled down playbook (i.e. a highly paid ball hander-offer who throws 15 times a game) or someone who brings continuity to how your #1 plays in style and scheme?

In short, if a team is looking for continuity, then in my opinion Eric’s best potential fit in the NFL would be the Seahawks, Panthers or Ravens because of his similarities to those starting QB’s personalities and team’s offensive style. He is a smash mouth kid and would fit best on a quasi-running smash mouth team that doesn’t mind a running quarterback.

My take. No one can argue ED is a pro style pocket passer deep ball assassin. So what is he as a QB? He is a tough, mobile, running, play making, risk taking leader. Not great at either short finesse touch passes or deep balls into tight coverage, but seems at least adequate at most throws. Reading and reacting quickly to complex NFL defensive schemes is also likely a challenge.

Now, what do you want in a backup QB? A game manager to run a low risk scaled down playbook (i.e. a highly paid ball hander-offer who throws 15 times a game) or someone who brings continuity to how your #1 plays in style and scheme?

In short, if a team is looking for continuity, then in my opinion Eric’s best potential fit in the NFL would be the Seahawks, Panthers or Ravens because of his similarities to those starting QB’s personalities and team’s offensive style. He is a smash mouth kid and would fit best on a quasi-running smash mouth team that doesn’t mind a running quarterback.

I think hes a great backup if he goes in as an emergency and the other team doesn't have time to gameplan for him. He can move the ball with his legs keep plays alive and play like he did here. If a team needs to grind out a couple wins until their starter is back and not have the season go down the drain hes a good option. Its the NFL though and he can't make a career out of that with teams gameplanning against him and watching film.

And hes not a great backup with regards to being a future starter. Hes not Taysom Hill who was the fastest guy on BYU hes good at running the fb like Emmitt Smith was.

It hasn't been mentioned but people know who Mayfields backup is right? Its the worst D1 quarterback in history Garrett Gilbert. Dude is complete garbage and belongs nowhere near an NFL field. They are screwed if he plays. Hes not the backup on merit hes a childhood friend of Mayfield and an older brother figure. So kicking the tires on Dungey makes sense if they have to start Gilbert its an automatic loss they can bring in someone off the street who is better at any moment to try and win a game or two until Mayfield is back.

Good opportunity to become a legit backup at some point. Baker stinks, too. Would love to see Dungey with those offensive weapons. His mobility would make that OL look better than Baker does.

Awesome. Would look really familiar in that Brown's uniform too...

I remember somebody saying one (qb) would be playing on Sundays and the other would be watching. WTFG Eric!

Man. Dungey’s play at cuse is aging on us cuse fans like a fine wine. Longer and longer he is gone the more his play here impressed me. What a warrior and competitor. He himself was cuse football for 4 years. Any casual fan hears of cuse they think about that crazy QB. If there’s one thing I know it’s that he is going to give this his all. Good luck kid

"Bring your old SU jerseys to practice since they are actually the same"

A couple of other Orange-men have played for the Browns, and one did pretty good for them a while back. On a personal note, Id give a lot to see the street fighter play in another football game.

Gee. I was told and read many times here on the Fan by many self professed talent analyst savants that in no way was it ever even conceivable that Eric Dungey could be an NFL QB. And to my great shock and surprise, he has signed a QB contract with the Cleveland Browns on the practice squad and due to golden boy Baker Mayfield's lack of production and apparent serious injury, he could quite possibly be seeing live action in meaningful games and may even get a start!!!!! I can not wait until he gets his shot, Baker Mayfield will go down as another Wally Pipp.

Garrett Gilbert is the worst qb I’ve ever seen and only on the team due to his friendship with Mayfield. Good spot to be #3.

Didn’t they change the rule about letting 3rd QBs dress and not count towards the roster limit?

Garrett Gilbert is the worst qb I’ve ever seen and only on the team due to his friendship with Mayfield. Good spot to be #3.

Didn’t they change the rule about letting 3rd QBs dress and not count towards the roster limit?
Mayfield came out today with his hair on fire. He must of got word from the practice squad that Dungey is there to eat his lunch. Then he throws 3 picks and starts breaking down physically. He gone.

Gee. I was told and read many times here on the Fan by many self professed talent analyst savants that in no way was it ever even conceivable that Eric Dungey could be an NFL QB. And to my great shock and surprise, he has signed a QB contract with the Cleveland Browns on the practice squad and due to golden boy Baker Mayfield's lack of production and apparent serious injury, he could quite possibly be seeing live action in meaningful games and may even get a start!!!!! I can not wait until he gets his shot, Baker Mayfield will go down as another Wally Pipp.

Where do you see anything about a serious injury to mayfield and Dungey coming off the practice squad?

Where do you see anything about a serious injury to mayfield and Dungey coming off the practice squad?
That hip injury is going to get worse with every game. Mayfield has regressed even with Odell, I think his window is closing anyways. Why do you think they signed him? I assume he is 100% healthy and rested now and when they gave him a look a week ago they thought he could be a player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom