Dungey..... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey.....

Still doesn't hide the fact that he was cleared by the doctors in the 2nd quarter and they never looked at his shoulder Saturday.

He was cleared for the possible concussion. The doc was looking at his eyes with a light. He doesn’t need to be cleared for the shoulder unless it gets a lot worse. It is hurt but he can play through it until it takes another shot. You think Babers is lying too?

Yep, I do and when we are down 21-0 in the 1st you will too. I would also take a deal for 7 wins

I said that same thing two years ago before the Clemson game. The only thing that can happen if he has a shoulder injury is for it to get worse down there this year. A less than 100% Dungey isn't going to be the difference between winning and losing.

Thanks a lot. You would have to bring up my Raiders after giving away their game yesterday. That's what happens when you are too conservative on offence at the end of the game. At least our Orange are winning football games :)

My Broncos thank your Raiders.

He was cleared for the possible concussion. The doc was looking at his eyes with a light. He doesn’t need to be cleared for the shoulder unless it gets a lot worse. It is hurt but he can play through it until it takes another shot. You think Babers is lying too?

It thought that at first too, but he also could have been looking for an obstruction in his eye.

Either way, Devito is still getting play time Saturday, probably starting in the 2nd quarter.

No Babers isn’t lying. I posted what I saw at the game and people didn’t want to hear it. Frustrating.

It thought that at first too, but he also could have been looking for an obstruction in his eye.
Sometimes foreign objects in the eye ( under a lid) are not easily found .That’s why eye docs have microscopes and years of training. If that is what it was he should be fine.

That too.

I didn’t see Dungey play with reckless abandon yesterday as people claim. But he does take more cheap shots than anyone.

He does for sure, but how much of that is because of his lack of class he plays with at times? I like his game and wish he played with more caution, but he's kind of an ahole.

Yep, I do and when we are down 21-0 in the 1st you will too. I would also take a deal for 7 wins
Eric Dungey is going to lead the Syracuse Orange into Death Valley and get a win. Didn't you watch the road games last year and how we were 1 play away from beating 4 power teams? This years team is considerably better and will shock Clempson and the entire NCAA.

eye candy announcer says gameday he "put on 30 pounds of armor " in the off season to absorb the blows.

You think he comes out wearing an eye patch?
(it's a joke)

0786037E-358B-4F84-B0E8-1915310C8CFD.gif

Really hope we can get up on UConn early and get ED out of the game for most of the 2H.

I'm very worried about ED's "owie" against Clemson's DL.

With ED - it is going to be damn difficult to get (it) up (against whomever).

I'll show myself out, and also serve a 24 hour suspension from the board.

I'll go on record and say I'm advocating for TD over a healthy ED.

I respect what ED has done and contributed to this program. He was the QB we needed while Dino was upgrading the OL and skill positions. His scrambling ability and warrior mentality helped cover many warts.

But, in my view, far too many on this board swoon over his tough guy attributes and fail to adequately weigh the fact that he simply isn't very good at some important QB attributes, like accuracy, progressions, and staying in the pocket. The offense in the Dino era has flashed, and looks wonderful compared to the dark ages of the Shafer era, but many of those gains (and Dungey's numbers) are due to the massive increase in number of plays. From an efficiency perspective, there has been a lot to be desired on offense with Dungey.

I think TD has all the attributes for this offense to truly hum. He is more accurate than ED, has a stronger arm, and is even faster (though most definitely not as big). I would rather live with freshman mistakes and access the higher planes of what the offense can accomplish. Look around college football - conventional wisdom around freshmen QB's is changing. Freshmen and RS Freshmen QB's are stepping in and finding success.

To me, the biggest issue with TD over ED is the locker room. But if TD succeeds while ED is out, that concern is allayed (much like the Brady/Bledsoe situation).

I recognize my view is in the distinct minority and there are good arguments for the opposing view. I respect those as well. More than anything, I'm excited to see the season play out with actual QB depth.
This is just absolutely insane...

I’ve seen this movie before, but the update will be better than the original.

Dungey will start, as he should...but will repeatedly slam himself into storz st defenders instead of sliding, running out of bounds, or hurdling (yes, u get credit for that), and Devito, will finish up the game and year.

But unlike the earlier version, this will have a happy ending.

He'd get decapitated in the NFL.
I think his best path in the NFL is to mirror Travis Kelce and play TE. Tough as nails, quick and passionate as all get out.

I’ve seen this movie before, but the update will be better than the original.

Dungey will start, as he should...but will repeatedly slam himself into storz st defenders instead of sliding, running out of bounds, or hurdling (yes, u get credit for that), and Devito, will finish up the game and year.

But unlike the earlier version, this will have a happy ending.
So, your saying that if ED were to not be able to play for some reason at Clemson, that TD would go into that kind of environment and play with poise and not panic, and not get the tar beat out of him. A part of me would like to see that so people would stop with this line of thinking.

So, your saying that if ED were to not be able to play for some reason at Clemson, that TD would go into that kind of environment and play with poise and not panic, and not get the tar beat out of him. A part of me would like to see that so people would stop with this line of thinking.
Not sure if you want ‘Seasons’ to get the tar bear out of him or to show poise.

Not sure if you want ‘Seasons’ to get the tar bear out of him or to show poise.
I want a win in Clemson and I don't think a young QB will be able to handle that "Situation". A more likely outcome would be a severe rout, which wouldn't be good for him or the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom