Dungey..... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey.....

I’ve seen this movie before, but the update will be better than the original.

Dungey will start, as he should...but will repeatedly slam himself into storz st defenders instead of sliding, running out of bounds, or hurdling (yes, u get credit for that), and Devito, will finish up the game and year.

But unlike the earlier version, this will have a happy ending.

Dungey slid several times Saturday and even ran out of bounds. The shot he took to the helmet was after a slide.

Either way, Devito is still getting play time Saturday, probably starting in the 2nd quarter.
little late to the party, but I hope it is not a roller coaster effect again if DeVito sees 2nd quarter PT. Im always in favor of going till half. It gets boring on the sideline haha

Dungey slid several times Saturday and even ran out of bounds. The shot he took to the helmet was after a slide.
To your point not all teams are FSU and want blood on defense. Dungey gets defenders targeting because D-Coordinators know he is going to run. It is 50-50. Dungey in my opinion is to blame for half, certainly not all of it.

Given the targetting calls I've seen this year, I was surprised that wasn't an ejection.

Devito should play the entire game on Saturday. Rest up Dungey for remainder of season. Let Devito get 4 quarters in without worrying about a change.

I think that is the prudent thing for all involved

Devito should play the entire game on Saturday. Rest up Dungey for remainder of season. Let Devito get 4 quarters in without worrying about a change.

I think that is the prudent thing for all involved
We don't need a QB controversy when the team is building a magical season. Dungey didn't play the last 3 games last year games last season and has missed time this season, he needs the real time reps with the offense to get things on time.

Imagine if ED misses some time in each of the 12 games but finishes the season? Like a pitcher who gets his X amount of pitches or if the team is ahead by a lot, get those quality relievers in there to finish up. No doubt, Babers has a quicker hook than the previous 2 seasons due to this QB depth.

He did.

But he also lowered his shoulder a few times too.

He can’t do that ONCE.

Babers said he can't stop him from being the competitive player he is. I agree, ED HAS to not lower that shoulder like he does when he's 1 yard from a first down on a 3rd down play. I understand why he does it to keep the chains moving but as you said, it isn't conducive to playing the whole game or season. But as bees wrote, he is getting better than before.

Babers said he can't stop him from being the competitive player he is. I agree, ED HAS to not lower that shoulder like he does when he's 1 yard from a first down on a 3rd down play. I understand why he does it to keep the chains moving but as you said, it isn't conducive to playing the whole game or season. But as bees wrote, he is getting better than before.
Devito lowered his shoulder on his touchdown run. It's what is expected of QB's in a lot of college offensive scheme's.

Devito lowered his shoulder on his touchdown run. It's what is expected of QB's in a lot of college offensive scheme's.
Lowering is one thing, when you go looking for it...a while other ball of wax.

Dungey looks for it, in either a TD atttempt or 1st down attempt...he went looking for it and didn’t get the yard needed. And when he got up it looked like he had hurt himself.

That’s what I’m talking about, I don’t want him to turn into a soccer player, he is who he is.

But even Tebow didn’t do that.

Lowering is one thing, when you go looking for it...a while other ball of wax.

Dungey looks for it, in either a TD atttempt or 1st down attempt...he went looking for it and didn’t get the yard needed. And when he got up it looked like he had hurt himself.

That’s what I’m talking about, I don’t want him to turn into a soccer player, he is who he is.

But even Tebow didn’t do that.
Tebow...coming to a ballpark near Syracuse next year.

I figure the Mets let him play in AAA at Syracuse next year if he doesn't make the Mets out of Spring Training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom