EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game

Here’s the question that matters: if a bad person who does bad things to people also created something good - something unrelated to the bad stuff - a piece of music in this example - and this intrinsically good creation brings people enjoyment all over the world… why do we have to throw the good out with the bad?

We can disagree. I personally think it’s cancel culture run amok. Cutting our nose to spite our faces. The musician/pedo is already dealing with the fallout by having his professional career destroyed. He’s in other kinds of trouble from what I remember as well, so I don’t think he’s “gotten off the hook” for any of his crimes. But my point still stands. Bad people are not 100% bad and this isn’t the Disney Junior channel where bad guys have absolutely no redeeming qualities. We live in a world with many shades of gray but often behave like modern humans have only 2 colors. The world is already a cruel hard place for us to survive in without arbitrary decisions to poison good pieces of music just because 2024 decided we have to throw the baby out with the bath water.
I honestly had to check and see what thread this was. I thought I had accidentally stumbled back into the Portnoy thread.

One thing to remember with Digital. if you have a PS5 that works 10 yrs from now and a clean DVD you can play the game. No way to know if Sony/EA will still be serving up your digital version.

but we may be on EA 2035 by then and wont care.

One thing to remember with Digital. if you have a PS5 that works 10 yrs from now and a clean DVD you can play the game. No way to know if Sony/EA will still be serving up your digital version.

There's definitely pros and cons.

I still get physical copies of almost everything but also have kept every system/game I've ever had and picked up a few others I didn't have. So it's more a collector aspect for my choice.

I don't even think that's true anymore. I've bought physical discs of games recently and the second you try to insert them to play the game has to download gigabytes worth of information to work. Technology is great because it gives us these amazing graphics and physics during games, but also has it drawbacks that companies can make things obsolete at a whim.

most games will force amounts to be downloaded. but once there only updates that happen.

For sure though if you have a clean system and try to reload a game if the download server is gone you are screwed..

image.jpg
Went to Costco today and look what found its way into my cart!

Not necessarily true. That depends more on Sony than EA.

I don't even think that's true anymore. I've bought physical discs of games recently and the second you try to insert them to play the game has to download gigabytes worth of information to work. Technology is great because it gives us these amazing graphics and physics during games, but also has it drawbacks that companies can make things obsolete at a whim.

There are tons of companies supporting ancient platforms far after the fact. Disc reading hardware tends to be the first to fail on these systems too so ultimately I wouldn’t worry too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom