Ear Plugs This Saturday? | Syracusefan.com

Ear Plugs This Saturday?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Time to break them out this weekend. Especially for the young and old.

I hope the bandwagon, casual fans understand how important an advantage home field is when we make it deafening on defense. And do not cheer loudly on offense when the players are getting ready to snap.

I hope the bandwagon, casual fans understand how important an advantage home field is when we make it deafening on defense. And do not cheer loudly on offense when the players are getting ready to snap.
Motrin

If the SU offense goes for it on 4th down at any time, expect 10K random people to try to start a "Let's Go Orange" chant. I'd wager my mortgage on over .5 times.

That drives me nuts when we have crowds like this. They go bananas when we go for it on 4th and 1.

Like the "Get Loud" notifications on the scoreboard, can we get a "Shhhhhh" sign added?
I seem to remember when Manning was playing for the Colts they used to put up an "Offense at work. Quiet Please" graphic on the scoreboard at home games. I always thought that was neat and they themed it to look like a construction sign.

Mind blowing how dumb some fans are

Offense is to be as quiet as possible

Make it a tennis match

But when we switch to defense scream you’re little lungs out!!!!

The thing I always wondered was doesn't the defense have to communicate with each other too? Is the noise only to affect the timing of the snap?

Mind blowing how dumb some fans are

Offense is to be as quiet as possible

Make it a tennis match

But when we switch to defense scream you’re little lungs out!!!!

Well, I’d add - after the offense makes a big play, scream your head off!

But yeah - it’d be nice if it were common knowledge that from the time they break the huddle (or line up in HUNH) until after the ball is snapped, you should shush.

In a perfect world, it’s some solid vocal HIIT -
High Intensity Interval Training.

You can’t push your hardest during the ON parts of the intervals, if you don’t rest properly during the recovery parts.

It’s science!! ;)

The thing I always wondered was doesn't the defense have to communicate with each other too? Is the noise only to affect the timing of the snap?

Yeah you don’t wanna be so loud that your own guys get false starts.

The louder it is the harder it is to here the snap count

You could go to the silent count but then you’re expecting all of your players to be on the exact same page at the same time. A much more difficult task.

You could go to the silent count but then you’re expecting all of your players to be on the exact same page at the same time. A much more difficult task.
We have enough issues with false starts as it is

Our O can't avoid snap penalties now. We're the most penalized team in CFB.

NOTE: The stats on this page include data ONLY from games involving two FBS schools.
teamrankings.com

RankTeam2022Last 3Last 1HomeAway2021
131Syracuse10.58.012.013.03.06.2

My buddies (some of whom are longtime members here) are busting on me because I said I’m bringing earplugs. I’ve been telling people the new roof has made it significantly louder in there with 30k-ish and I’d definitely throw a pair in my pocket once we got into the mid to high 40s. No shame.

Any preferences you have that work? I personally cannot stand wearing them, wore them for several years when I worked in a machine shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom