Ear Plugs This Saturday? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ear Plugs This Saturday?

Definitely gonna need them if you’re there.

And do not cheer loudly on offense when the players are getting ready to snap.
This is one of my absolute biggest pet peeves. Not sure why the University doesn't put graphics on the screens saying to quiet down while we are on offense. Been to a few other stadiums that do that

Mind blowing how dumb some fans are

Offense is to be as quiet as possible

Make it a tennis match

But when we switch to defense scream you’re little lungs out!!!!
It also does not help with the SU cheerleaders starting a Let’s Go Orange cheer when we have the ball on offense.

C79F8BB5-1CFB-4085-8DF2-048FE06E1B20.gif

Yeah, unfortunately this is a transition I’m gonna have to make. And that sucks.

I bought some cool looking ear muffs for our 3 year old too, it bothered her earlier this year.
My 19 year old (autistic) daughter has to wear her over the ear headphones because there's no way she's missing an SU game. But she just can't handle the noise without them.

Time to break them out this weekend. Especially for the young and old.

I hope the bandwagon, casual fans understand how important an advantage home field is when we make it deafening on defense. And do not cheer loudly on offense when the players are getting ready to snap.
Thank you for bringing that up. It's incredible how many people are loud when we are in the huddle on offense.

As a 32 year old, wondering if I should consider this. Surprised so many people wear ear plugs in there based on the replies here!

Maybe I'll just pour the cheese from the bottom tier nachos in each ear.
I’ve never worn ear plugs in the Dome but definitely remember the “ringing in the ears” for days after those VT ‘98 and 00 games. Don’t remember it since those games either - but those were near sellout crowds for huge games that ended up being very close and very intense.

I’m kinda shook by the new roof too.

I’m definitely bringing them, at the least.

Well, I’d add - after the offense makes a big play, scream your head off!

But yeah - it’d be nice if it were common knowledge that from the time they break the huddle (or line up in HUNH) until after the ball is snapped, you should shush.

In a perfect world, it’s some solid vocal HIIT -
High Intensity Interval Training.

You can’t push your hardest during the ON parts of the intervals, if you don’t rest properly during the recovery parts.

It’s science!! ;)
Oh @#&%$*! Someone had to get technical on us. Just because it makes sense...and...it..would...work...nuts! It's science, guys. Run with it.

Well, I’d add - after the offense makes a big play, scream your head off!

But yeah - it’d be nice if it were common knowledge that from the time they break the huddle (or line up in HUNH) until after the ball is snapped, you should shush.

In a perfect world, it’s some solid vocal HIIT -
High Intensity Interval Training.

You can’t push your hardest during the ON parts of the intervals, if you don’t rest properly during the recovery parts.

It’s science!! ;)
You mean I can’t roll off the couch and give it my all? (Because that’s my plan)

Last edited:
I'm saying it in every thread. Please buy and bring some ear protection. It's gonna be loud and fun. No shame in doing the smart thing and protecting your hearing.

Unless of course you're married and need a good excuse when your spouse asks if you heard her.

Any preferences you have that work? I personally cannot stand wearing them, wore them for several years when I worked in a machine shop.
Musicians earplugs. Instead of turning everything into a bassy unnatural mess? They allow some high end through, so its a more natural attenuation.

Some will only cut volume by 5db(but sound GREAT) A $15 set of Hearos, or high fidelity plugs will cut more volume, but will be a little bassier. ALL sound 1,000 times better than basic foam ones. I cant play music with the foam ones. Nor can I hear the guy talking next to me. A decent set of musician plugs are worth a couple extra bucks if you want to enjoy the experience-- I only have mild tinnitus.(and only after prolonged exposure, but it takes a LONG time to go away) I might opt for just a slight attenuation for the Dome, because its intermittent volume, and its FUN to hear the power. Band situation, I need the big ones. (Hours of constant volume.)

As a 32 year old, wondering if I should consider this. Surprised so many people wear ear plugs in there based on the replies here!

Maybe I'll just pour the cheese from the bottom tier nachos in each ear.
I bring em, but it'll have to be crazy loud before I put them in. 30 years of playing with live drums take a toll... I know what they can take, before I pay a price. A crazy game with a full house? I probably need them. Anyone with mild hearing issues- that would like to keep those issues mild- would be wise to do so.

Have your ears ring for 30 days straight? (It damn near drives you crazy) If you're lucky enough to have it subside, you are never letting that happen again.

What’s the maximum legal noise for a venue like a sporting event?

Any preferences you have that work? I personally cannot stand wearing them, wore them for several years when I worked in a machine shop.

I wear these for concerts. You can still hear the music great and the people around you talking. Very discreet and fits the ear canal well too.

What’s the maximum legal noise for a venue like a sporting event?
Lol. Loud as it gets. Its not under any ones control. Rock concerts can be deafening, large crowds, industrial sites, etc... We all know this. I bring ear plugs to concerts. Sometimes I need em, sonetimes i dont. Thats on me.

I'm saying it in every thread. Please buy and bring some ear protection. It's gonna be loud and fun. No shame in doing the smart thing and protecting your hearing.

Unless of course you're married and need a good excuse when your spouse asks if you heard her.
That my friend is called selective hearing.

I can not hear the female voice when I'm in my lazy boy...

Without fail: 5 secs after the arm handle gets cranked on the lazy boy and a game is on...yeah...

I wear these for concerts. You can still hear the music great and the people around you talking. Very discreet and fits the ear canal well too.
Those look nice...

The cheap foam ones you roll in your fingers work ok in a pinch too. Better than nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom