Ebenezer Scezer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Scezer

The problem is 90% of the time when someone posts this they don't flip to us. So in reality... it's pretty close to over.

I am not 90% of the posters who say that. I have actually talked to him. I wouldnt put anything on here just for coversation or to get you guys excited. Its February and you think its over?

I am not 90% of the posters who say that. I have actually talked to him. I wouldnt put anything on here just for coversation or to get you guys excited. Its February and you think its over?

What I'm saying is from being a long time lurker there have been tons of kids that commit to another school. Someone comes on here and says it's not over. We're still in it. Not one of these kids have made it to SU.

Money is well connected in the coaching circle. If he says it's not over, I believe him.

That being said, Money...how are things looking in Rochester this year? Any prospects to keep an eye on?

Money did you play ball at Cuse? You said on the other board you were recruited by SU? Who was your recruiter? Can you shed a little light on when or if DM will be able to get a guy like Jaron Jones from Rochester?

I know those are random questions. I value your input and perspective...

Not having a junior day for either the Uconn game or the upcoming LVille game is what my 8 year old would call an epic fail.

This is why all that schmoozing stuff and working to plan things that will impress 17-year-olds, etc. -- the stuff Marrone hates -- matters and is important even if it shouldn't be. I'm in sales. I don't like going out and getting drinks all the time and schmoozing with distributor reps and purchasers since I have a family, etc., so I don't do it often. I get where he's coming from. But to think it doesn't impact my numbers in a negative way would be naive.

Money is well connected in the coaching circle. If he says it's not over, I believe him.

That being said, Money...how are things looking in Rochester this year? Any prospects to keep an eye on?

you all know Alex officer. I talked to him at wegmans the other day. He said he's going to the spring game. He is the brother of Jerome lewis. Jerome was a TE/DE from Bishop kearney, he was offered by SU. He went to V tech then transferred to Umass, I told Alex to consider his home state school. His mother seem nice. She said she wouldnt mind keeping him close so she can go to the games. RB Devan Carter( 6'2 217) from Brighton is a sleeper. Wheatley told me he liked him. He has a UB offer from what I know. jeremiah Ortiz, I know very well. He is Officer's teammate. Coached him at 7 on 7 at rutgers. He is too small for bigtime ball. He has alot of heart and is determined to get a SU offer. Cullen Casey has some D 1 aa's looking at him. Old dominion offered. Chauncey Scissom has a UB offer. He has two lineman with him at Rush Henrietta that are 6'4 275. Gates Chili has a 2014 O lineman that will camp at Cuse this year. He has good size and will be a propsect. There will be more. I cant think of all of them right now.

Can we start a letter writing campaign to let Marrone know how to do things?
He doesn't have time to read letters. Just like he doesn't have time for the Recruiting signing day event.

He's too busy thinkin! lol

Money did you play ball at Cuse? You said on the other board you were recruited by SU? Who was your recruiter? Can you shed a little light on when or if DM will be able to get a guy like Jaron Jones from Rochester?

I know those are random questions. I value your input and perspective...
No my cousin did, Vernon. I went to juinor day and I was invited to the spring game. When it came down to December, I didnt get the offer I thought I was gonna get. I think I was a Plan B. I guess they got commitments from The LB's that they had ahead of me. I had a torn labrum in both shoulders. Lot of schools backed off. I ended up playing at Brockport St. I was never the same after my shoulder injuries. Had to give it up. Marrone is trying to get in good with Rochester again. he understands this situation here. He looks at Rochester as another NYC. There lots of under the radar talent here that can be developed into something special. Poncho is a prime example of that. There is a slight negative perception. Alot of people were discusted with GRob years. His Recruiters seem un interested. They didnt build relationships. Jarron's brother Matt told me after he commited to them that he didnt hear from them in months. As a result, he didnt qualify. Marrone and his staff know that I am a Syracuse football advocate. They know I would do my part in rebuilding the faith that was lost. Wheatley and Marrone are doing a good job a rebuilding the relationships.

What I'm saying is from being a long time lurker there have been tons of kids that commit to another school. Someone comes on here and says it's not over. We're still in it. Not one of these kids have made it to SU.

I understand your concern. I feel the same way. I wouldnt put anything on here to give you guys false hope. I am close to Quentin Gause. I did some work with him along with his uncle Kala. It was tough hearing him talk about Rutgers and how excited he was to go there. He was never going to decommit. I never told anyone one on the boards that there was a chance. I saw it in his eyes and his voice that Shady brainwashed him. I wish him the best beacuse he is a great person and player with a unbelieveable work ethic.

you all know Alex officer. I talked to him at wegmans the other day. He said he's going to the spring game. He is the brother of Jerome lewis. Jerome was a TE/DE from Bishop kearney, he was offered by SU. He went to V tech then transferred to Umass, I told Alex to consider his home state school. His mother seem nice. She said she wouldnt mind keeping him close so she can go to the games. RB Devan Carter( 6'2 217) from Brighton is a sleeper. Wheatley told me he liked him. He has a UB offer from what I know. jeremiah Ortiz, I know very well. He is Officer's teammate. Coached him at 7 on 7 at rutgers. He is too small for bigtime ball. He has alot of heart and is determined to get a SU offer. Cullen Casey has some D 1 aa's looking at him. Old dominion offered. Chauncey Scissom has a UB offer. He has two lineman with him at Rush Henrietta that are 6'4 275. Gates Chili has a 2014 O lineman that will camp at Cuse this year. He has good size and will be a propsect. There will be more. I cant think of all of them right now.

Scissum committed to SU for lax...

not questioning your information - but why in the world would the kid commit to UConn of all places in February if it's not over? I just don't get why a kid would commit before visiting any other schools if he was still open to others. Did P give him the hard sell and tell him they were running out of slots in Feb so he better jump on now (lol) - What was this kid thinking?

According to the laxpower database. Some great video of him out there. Kid looks like an athlete.

I will talk to him and find out. I think he is a mid major football talent. Didnt know he was that good in Lacrosse.​

not questioning your information - but why in the world would the kid commit to UConn of all places in February if it's not over? I just don't get why a kid would commit before visiting any other schools if he was still open to others. Did P give him the hard sell and tell him they were running out of slots in Feb so he better jump on now (lol) - What was this kid thinking?

I dont know the details of his trip. I think he bonded with wilbert lee who play at UConn and is from the same neigborhood. He told me he like it there and could see himself there. He also told me he might have commited to early. Thats with his own words. So why wouldnt you think he wouldnt be open to other schools still?

I dont know the details of his trip. I think he bonded with wilbert lee who play at UConn and is from the same neigborhood. He told me he like it there and could see himself there. He also told me he might have commited to early. Thats with his own words. So why wouldnt you think he wouldnt be open to other schools still?
I wasn't questioning your assertion that he was still open as much as I was baffled as to why in the world the kid would feel compelled to commit to UConn on his first visit to a school - just doesn't make any sense whatsoever

unless it's your dream school and there's a risk that the ship offer could be pulled, committing to a school b/c you could see yourself there without visiting other places for comparison is just silly - he messed up

I wasn't questioning your assertion that he was still open as much as I was baffled as to why in the world the kid would feel compelled to commit to UConn on his first visit to a school - just doesn't make any sense whatsoever

unless it's your dream school and there's a risk that the ship offer could be pulled, committing to a school b/c you could see yourself there without visiting other places for comparison is just silly - he messed up
He's a 17 year old kid...did you ever jump the gun on a decision when you were his age? Give the kid a break all he did was verbally commit which has no legal standing. You're making it seem like he just signed his life away or something.

He's a 17 year old kid...did you ever jump the gun on a decision when you were his age? Give the kid a break all he did was verbally commit which has no legal standing. You're making it seem like he just signed his life away or something.
what I wrote makes it seem like he's signing his life away or something? give me a break. I'm saying it's UConn for crying out loud - you don't need to commit in Feb - what's the rush?

he's a 17 year old kid so you can't have an opinion on his decision - wah

IMO he messed up - so save your age-bias indignation

if you're going to be bothered by everyone that is critical of a kid "committing" to a school before he's really ready, you might want to reconsider reading college football message boards :noidea:

what I wrote makes it seem like he's signing his life away or something? give me a break. I'm saying it's UConn for crying out loud - you don't need to commit in Feb - what's the rush?

he's a 17 year old kid so you can't have an opinion on his decision - wah

IMO he messed up - so save your age-bias indignation

if you're going to be bothered by everyone that is critical of a kid "committing" to a school before he's really ready, you might want to reconsider reading college football message boards :noidea:
I'm not trying to get into an argument here, but I think you're being incredibly close-minded. What harm has this "verbal commitment" done? You really do make it seem like committed a crime by making a verbal statement that has zero binding ability. He's going to continue making his visits just as if he hadn't "committed" end of story. There's no need to judge the kid, especially when you don't know him. You can give your opinion, but when I give mine it's "age-bias indignation"? Really? I never said you couldn't have an opinion all I did was give constructive criticism based on my own opinion.

I have actually talked to him.
I can only hope that you're following the NCAA rules which govern booster contact with (potential) recruits.

T.

Great points. I don't understand it myself. He is not a must get recruit so I'm not worried, but it does make me wonder what was said or shown to him to make a early decision. I think your right. He was probably told to take it or miss out. He doesnt know how the game is played. Sad

I can only hope that you're following the NCAA rules which govern booster contact with (potential) recruits.

I am high school coach and I coach 7 on 7 teams in the east region. So I communicate a lot with NY players and help them get exposure. I met ebenezer last year. Good kid. I don't persuade any kid to go to a particular school. Only player that I influenced to go SU is averin collier. I taught him in elementary school. Does that answer your question?

This is why all that schmoozing stuff and working to plan things that will impress 17-year-olds, etc. -- the stuff Marrone hates -- matters and is important even if it shouldn't be. I'm in sales. I don't like going out and getting drinks all the time and schmoozing with distributor reps and purchasers since I have a family, etc., so I don't do it often. I get where he's coming from. But to think it doesn't impact my numbers in a negative way would be naive.

What?

Where is any of that coming from?

Not having a junior day for either the Uconn game or the upcoming LVille game is what my 8 year old would call an epic fail.

Just maybe they can't have the program they want to have for recruits until April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom