Ebenezer Scezer | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Scezer

He is going to be more difficult than Ishaq to land. Biggest NYS recruit since Easely. I would hate to go 0-3 on DEs. Onyeali, Ishaq and Ogundeko, Third time is the charm.

FWIW, when speaking with Morgan at the spring game, there is a lot of love going back and forth between our Brooklyn/NYC boys, including Reddish, Morgan, etc..., and Ebenezer. When I dropped the name to Wayne he had a good laugh and said he was working on him and it is legit that Ebenezer likes us back. From what I got from that population of the team there seems to almost be a pride about them being from NYC and playing at SU.

FWIW, when speaking with Morgan at the spring game, there is a lot of love going back and forth between our Brooklyn/NYC boys, including Reddish, Morgan, etc..., and Ebenezer. When I dropped the name to Wayne, he had a good laugh and said he was working on him and it is legit that Ebenezer likes us back. From what I got from that population of the team, there seems to almost be a pride about them being from NYC and playing at SU.

And now NYS DE's get drafted in the 1st RD from Cuse... Can't hurt!

I think his name is actually Ebenezer Ogundeko. Probably the best DE out of NYC in the class of 2013. UConn held their junior day during a basketball weekend featuring a game against Syracuse. Rutgers did the same.

Ironically, we are the only school of the three that did not set things up so their junior day coincided with a game featuring the best basketball team in the East. Hopefully we can get him up to campus for our spring game or for camp.
Its more than stupid not to take advantage of a huge strength in the recruiting process. Big crowds at a sport we excel in featuring the Dome.

Can't hurt at all -- The "Chandler Effect"

Ebenezer Ogundeko
@ChanJones99 good stuff man lol http://lockerz.com/s/204423394

With the addition of MPB and the three frosh DE's [Manley, Washington, and Hilliard], its hard not to feel like we've added a tremendous amount of talent into the pipeline at DE. Plus, Barnwell next season / maybe Ogundeko.

I'm not saying that all of these kids are going to pan out, or that they'll be ready to contribute on day 1, just that we're assembling some quality, quality talent at that position. Ditto the interior of the DL, as well.

Great to see.

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Ebenezer Ogundeko was just unexpectedly visited by Michigan, Notre Dame & Marshall all at the same time. Response: "Crazy, crazy day."

On the day we visit no less. Hope we don't get lost in the shuffle. Going to be a battle.

JGJ says that decision could come sooner than people think. Only a handful of schools are recruiting both him and Edwards. Cuse definitely has a shot.

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Ebenezer Ogundeko was just unexpectedly visited by Michigan, Notre Dame & Marshall all at the same time. Response: "Crazy, crazy day."

On the day we visit no less. Hope we don't get lost in the shuffle. Going to be a battle.
offered by all of those programs as well.

offered by all of those programs as well.
is Notre Dame now going to start showing up at his house at all hours of the night? Hopefully he sees past that Kelly and his high pressure garbage tactics

"Ebenezer Ogundeko, DE, 6-4, 240, Jefferson Central School, Brooklyn, NY has seen his offer list blow up over the past month. On Monday, he added three more to the list when Marshall, Michigan and Notre Dame all extended scholarship offers. He added these to an already impressive offer sheet that includes Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Stanford and a host of others.
Ogundeko was impressed with the Irish offer. Notre Dame defensive coordinator, Bob Diaco showed up at his school and extended the scholarship offer.

“He spoke to my coach and my coach told me about it,” recounted the talented Brooklyn athlete. “It was pretty good. I like Notre Dame. I like the tradition and their program.”

Diaco envisioned Ogundeko playing a role similar to another Brooklyn high school star currently at Notre Dame.

“They want me to be like Ishaq (Williams),” Ogundeko said. “They want me to attack from the outside linebacker position.”

Ogundeko knows Williams and the two have spoken about Notre Dame.
“I speak to Ishaq,” he said. “He said good things about Notre Dame.”

Though Ogundeko has made a couple of recruiting trips, he has yet to visit Notre Dame. He hopes to remedy that this summer.

“I went to some schools on the East Coast, but I’m going to hit Notre Dame and Alabama in the summertime,” he said.

Ogundeko believes his physical skills have caught the eyes of college coaches.
“My speed, my technique and the way I can run on the field,” he said of what he believes are his best attributes.

He briefly committed to Connecticut after a Junior Day there but has since backed off that commitment though the Huskies remain high on his list. He lists comfort his top priority in choosing a final destination.

“I just want a place to be happy at,” he explained. “Just a place where I can play and be happy for the next four to five years.”

Ogundeko plans to make a decision after his senior season."

http://w.irishsportsdaily.com/recru...all-recruiting/6961-recruiting-week-in-review

Going to be a tough battle for a kid that has national offers such as ND and Bama, OSU, etc the package deal helps for sure. Will be a good barometer for the inroads we have made down there since we lost out on Ishaq, not 100% convinced that Ishaq is all in at ND.. it seems there have been rumblings of him not being realy happy there

Always a tough sell when a kid goes from a regional to a national recruit but hey why not... These are the battles that Marrone envisioned us being involved in three years ago. The facilility reno helps and hopefully the NYC kids are selling the program as well.. get these two and getting the next two after that becomes easier, just like if they had landed Ishaq getting these two would be that much easier

Going to be a tough battle for a kid that has national offers such as ND and Bama, OSU, etc the package deal helps for sure. Will be a good barometer for the inroads we have made down there since we lost out on Ishaq, not 100% convinced that Ishaq is all in at ND.. it seems there have been rumblings of him not being realy happy there

Always a tough sell when a kid goes from a regional to a national recruit but hey why not... These are the battles that Marrone envisioned us being involved in three years ago. The facilility reno helps and hopefully the NYC kids are selling the program as well.. get these two and getting the next two after that becomes easier, just like if they had landed Ishaq getting these two would be that much easier

exactly. Look DM has targeted NYC since he's been there. It's his turf. If he is ever gonna pull a kid away from a Bama, ND, OSU, this has got to be it. The fact that he is a package deal only makes landing him that much more dire. We have lost big time players from downstate already. It has to stop eventually, if it ever will...

Doesn't sound like his decision is forthcoming as someone else said above.

According to Brazille Bama was back to visit Eb yesterday. Can just imagine what kind of deal is being offered..twofer.
Also he was visited by MD, TN and Pitt. TN offered.

According to Brazille Bama was back to visit Eb yesterday. Can just imagine what kind of deal is being offered..twofer.
Also he was visited by MD, TN and Pitt. TN offered.
The longer he puts off his commitment the better off we will be, especially if we make a bowl game this year. I really think we get Edwards either way. I wouldn't read too much into the whole "we're going to school together" thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom