Ebenezer Scezer | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Scezer

Not saying we wouldn't like to bag him, but the only offers besides maybe a Boise State are for schools very much like SU, no real big names in the compettion. Now pulling a kid from Michigan, or OSU, ND now, that is fairly highly touted by recruiting agencies would be something else.

Today is 4:20 - are you high? The kid has offers from Ohio State, Florida an Bama. What are you talking about?

His name is
Ebenezer Ogundeko

What are you talking about, he has no such offers, and there is no Scezer, this is the only Blog in the nation talking about him with this name.

Why are we so hyped for Ebenezer one way or the other? He is a good prospect, but no highlight that is make or break as far as our recruiting for this year. UnRated raw talent.

Two days ago you bitch about our state of recruiting and now you are saying it's not a big deal if we don't get him, unrated talent, blah blah blah. You really don't get how this whole "recruiting" thing works, do you?

Here is a current OSU offers list. These are written Offers, the only thing that matters.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/194/class/2013/page/offers

I find this site, like them or not, to be the most accurate "free" listing on the ongoings in recruiting. What they don't post is verbal crapola and hypothetical hearsay, which quite frankly means didly squat. Bet if you asked these schools outright if they have an offer out there they would deny it.

Here are Abenezers current written offers.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/139877

I will believe he has more when I see it on a legitamate site. They will be updating soon. I watched this guys tape and he is pretty good, but I didn't see anything spectacular, and would be overwhelming surprised to see such big names schools throwing written offers at this kid, while the sports raters dubbed this guy as a NR? Doesn't make sense.

Bet if you asked these schools outright if they have an offer out there they would deny it.

You realize that it's against NCAA rules for schools to talk about recruits until after LOI Day in February?

If you asked a school outright about which players they have offers out to, you would get laughed at.

Two days ago you bitch about our state of recruiting and now you are saying it's not a big deal if we don't get him, unrated talent, blah blah blah. You really don't get how this whole "recruiting" thing works, do you?
He's the big name recruit to head things off? I will admit, haveing anything in the bank is a good thing, but you guys jumbed all over me for generalizing our recruiting overall and hammered me for even suggesting we just sign anybody, and yet you nitpick on one little pick out of NY. You all can talk about one recruit but yet hammer someone that dares says something about are recruiting program in general. Never put all your eggs in one basket is my olny point here, nothing at all against this kid. Sure do hope we do have interest here, but this 1 recruit doesn't make a recruiting season.

You realize that it's against NCAA rules for schools to talk about recruits until after LOI Day in February?

If you asked a school outright about which players they have offers out to, you would get laughed at.
Exactly my point, that is why verbals mean absolutely nothing at all. It has to be in writing, the rest is hearsay, and just like you said, schools can't say anything about it. They can't deny written offers though, can't talk about the recruit, but the offer is binding if accepted. This is a crooked business and the big universities now all the tricks, like offering scholarships verbally they don't have....

I will say the Scezer name thre me off a bit early on. Where is that from?

Here is a current OSU offers list. These are written Offers, the only thing that matters.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/194/class/2013/page/offers

I find this site, like them or not, to be the most accurate "free" listing on the ongoings in recruiting. What they don't post is verbal crapola and hypothetical hearsay, which quite frankly means didly squat. Bet if you asked these schools outright if they have an offer out there they would deny it.

Here are Abenezers current written offers.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/139877

I will believe he has more when I see it on a legitamate site. They will be updating soon. I watched this guys tape and he is pretty good, but I didn't see anything spectacular, and would be overwhelming surprised to see such big names schools throwing written offers at this kid, while the sports raters dubbed this guy as a NR? Doesn't make sense.

Is an article from the NY POST good enough for you?

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high...nion_jefferson_lineman_bovvFwzUfwuV22SxFfi7hL

Exactly my point, that is why verbals mean absolutely nothing at all. It has to be in writing, the rest is hearsay, and just like you said, schools can't say anything about it. They can't deny written offers though, can't talk about the recruit, but the offer is binding if accepted. This is a crooked business and the big universities now all the tricks, like offering scholarships verbally they don't have....

So, we shouldn't expect any more posts from you bitching about recruiting until February 6, 2013.

Because as you said, it's all hearsay until then. :noidea:

Why are we so hyped for Ebenezer one way or the other? He is a good prospect, but no highlight that is make or break as far as our recruiting for this year. UnRated raw talent.

People like you are the reasons why we have Prozac.....ENOUGH,PLEASE!

He's the big name recruit to head things off? I will admit, haveing anything in the bank is a good thing, but you guys jumbed all over me for generalizing our recruiting overall and hammered me for even suggesting we just sign anybody, and yet you nitpick on one little pick out of NY. You all can talk about one recruit but yet hammer someone that dares says something about are recruiting program in general. Never put all your eggs in one basket is my olny point here, nothing at all against this kid. Sure do hope we do have interest here, but this 1 recruit doesn't make a recruiting season.
You're an idiot, people weren't blasting you for having a differing opinion. They were blasting you because you said he had crap offers! You must be higher than a kite if you think Florida, OSU, Bama, and Stanford are weak offers from "schools just like us." Wow

You're an idiot, people weren't blasting you for having a differing opinion. They were blasting you because you said he had crap offers! You must be higher than a kite if you think Florida, OSU, Bama, and Stanford are weak offers from "schools just like us." Wow

Didn't Bama win the NC last year? Clearly an offer from them means the guy just flat out sucks.

John Garcia Jr. (@JohnGarcia_Jr)
4/23/12 7:40 PM

Just spoke to Ebenezer Ogundeko, his entire recruitment has changed now that he will graduate early. Story on the way...

John Garcia Jr. (@JohnGarcia_Jr)
4/23/12 8:29 PM
2013 Brooklyn (NY) Thomas Jefferson DE/OLB Ebenezer Ogundeko has a new recruiting plan and an interesting early Top 6 recruiting.sc_ut.com/2/1180214.html

SU, Bama, Florida, UConn, Arizona St, and Boise. I think SU has a very good chance with this one, and that will be thanks to the ACC

SU, Bama, Florida, UConn, Arizona St, and Boise. I think SU has a very good chance with this one, and that will be thanks to the ACC

I would be shocked if he ended up at SU. I am hearing it's going to be an PSU, FL, Bama battle. Wouldn't be surprised if Urban throws his hat into the ring, same with ND with the Ishaq connection. Would be a great get for SU but I don't think they are there yet.

With that being said, you never know with NYC kids. Wayne Morgan had similar offers at this point last year but not many of them were committable offers (I.e. mich, bama, etc)

I would be shocked if he ended up at SU. I am hearing it's going to be an PSU, FL, Bama battle. Wouldn't be surprised if Urban throws his hat into the ring, same with ND with the Ishaq connection. Would be a great get for SU but I don't think they are there yet.

With that being said, you never know with NYC kids. Wayne Morgan had similar offers at this point last year but not many of them were committable offers (I.e. mich, bama, etc)

Of course you'd be shockec, and who wouldn't be with all those offers, but Urban already threw his hat into the ring since he offered before Bama or Florida.

And here we go again with Wayne Morgan. His offer to Michigan was very committable at this point. They tried to force an early committment out of him and he told them to go blow.

At the end of the day if the kid wants to stay close to home, like Wayne Morgan did, then SU has as much chance as anybody.

Please tell me that Scezer rhymes with Ebenezer. I don't want to be let down during a play by play in couple years

Ugggh coming from you this is not a good sign for us thanks for the info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom