Ebenezer Scezer | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Ebenezer Scezer

Please tell me that Scezer rhymes with Ebenezer. I don't want to be let down during a play by play in couple years
kid's last name isn't Scezer - it's Ogundeko - not sure how this thread ended up with that title :noidea:

I don't know about Ogundeko specifically, but in general I would disagree 100% with that statement.

the secrecy surrounding him as a poster is annoying, you'd think somebody who knows so much - or anything about Ogundeko's recruitment would know that Ohio State was the first big boy school to offer.

And not for nothing but anybody can say they're hearing it's going to be a PSU, FL, Bama battle and they'd probably be right. Would it be a stretch for someone to say they're hearing it's going to be a battle between Georgia, Florida and Alabama for Alvin Kamara?

the secrecy surrounding him as a poster is annoying, you'd think somebody who knows so much - or anything about Ogundeko's recruitment would know that Ohio State was the first big boy school to offer.

And not for nothing but anybody can say they're hearing it's going to be a PSU, FL, Bama battle and they'd probably be right. Would it be a stretch for me to say I'm hearing it's going to be a battle between Georgia, Florida and Alabama for Alvin Kamara?

How many times have I said that offers does not equal recruiting? Just because people offer someone does not mean they are actively recruiting the kid. Hence the comment about OSU. I know they have offered, but they haven't actively been recruiting him. Urban is big on getting kids to campus before aggressively recruiting him. Hence Urban throwing his hat in the ring.

You don't need to believe me. But at the same time, don't discount my information because it isn't always presented with orange-colored glasses on.

I am a realist and I am just trying to bring some information to the table in an educational way due to my background. If you don't like it, I'm sorry.

He's supposedly visiting OSU soon FYI. And I will reiterate once again, we have a decent chance. My guess is it is a three horse race between FL, SU, and OSU.

He's supposedly visiting OSU soon FYI. And I will reiterate once again, we have a decent chance. My guess is it is a three horse race between FL, SU, and OSU.

Another heartbreaking moral victory?

I look best in yellow if we're shopping for bridesmaid dresses.

I'm still bitter about the Ishaq recruitment.

How many times have I said that offers does not equal recruiting? Just because people offer someone does not mean they are actively recruiting the kid. Hence the comment about OSU. I know they have offered, but they haven't actively been recruiting him. Urban is big on getting kids to campus before aggressively recruiting him. Hence Urban throwing his hat in the ring.

You don't need to believe me. But at the same time, don't discount my information because it isn't always presented with orange-colored glasses on.

I am a realist and I am just trying to bring some information to the table in an educational way due to my background. If you don't like it, I'm sorry.

I think he was asking what exactly is your background?

If we were to win that race, Marrone should put on JB's hat from when he got back from New Orleans.

boeheim_zoom.jpg

I think he was asking what exactly is your background?

I'm not going to out him and I know he won't himself and very few people here come clean with their name, rank and serial number. But I will say he has worked for a couple of D1 programs, something I don't think anyone else here can say, and is still very engaged with the HS football scene in the northeast. As to background, I would say most of it is recruiting. But it is recruiting so someone can say something negative or positive and it still might change. Just like basketball and Francis and Jake, nothing is ever guaranteed. I hope like hell we do get Ogundeko and like you said, Ishaq hurt.

I wish the admins could provide an official listing of all the guys that they concur are "in the know" or know what they are talking about vs the rest of us. I think that way, they would receive a lot less flak going forward from the majority. People would also appreciate when they give info as opposed to always questioning them.

Basketball is easy because we know who those guys are (Francis, Jake) but I think its a little different for football.

I'm not going to out him and I know he won't himself and very few people here come clean with their name, rank and serial number. But I will say he has worked for a couple of D1 programs, something I don't think anyone else here can say, and is still very engaged with the HS football scene in the northeast. As to background, I would say most of it is recruiting. But it is recruiting so someone can say something negative or positive and it still might change. Just like basketball and Francis and Jake, nothing is ever guaranteed. I hope like hell we do get Ogundeko and like you said, Ishaq hurt.

If he has a recruiting background and has good connections in the northeast football scene, get him on the staff!

I kid [about deepthrowit, not about wanting to have an ace recruiter with northeast ties on the staff].

I am well aware of the background, as it was posted on the premium board on the last site. My point was those who aren't familiar with it wouldn't know - hence some of the back and forth that could easily be cleared up with a bit of insight.

I am well aware of the background, as it was posted on the premium board on the last site. My point was those who aren't familiar with it wouldn't know - hence some of the back and forth that could easily be cleared up with a bit of insight.

Gotcha. I've also vouched for the guy several times but it seems to fall on deaf ears sometimes or maybe those posts haven't been seen by everyone even though there has been several. But again, no matter how knowledgeable someone is about recruiting, nobody ever knows very much for sure. There are no sure things till LOI day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wish the admins could provide an official listing of all the guys that they concur are "in the know" or know what they are talking about vs the rest of us. I think that way, they would receive a lot less flak going forward from the majority. People would also appreciate when they give info as opposed to always questioning them.

Basketball is easy because we know who those guys are (Francis, Jake) but I think its a little different for football.

It’s really easy to find out who is "in the know" you pay attention to the board and you will find them.

This brings up another point which has really kind of annoyed me. There are posters on here who are kind of enough to pass on the information they hear from various sources. Do i take this information as Gospel, NO!, i take it as little pieces of scoop, or nuggets of entertainment to satisfy my lust for SU fball and bball. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. (although i must say Jake's call of UK on NN was damn impressive) This is a free site with volunteers who provides their time and resources so we can have a place to chat about SU sports. They don’t have to provide us with info they just do! Posters that trash the presenters of the information need to get off their pedestals and take this information for what it’s worth. I for one appreciate all the information that comes from the Admins and Posters. I digest it and move on. If you want more credible sources i suggest you give the head coach a call and see what he tells you. (Not picking on you Marronesplan, i just happened to reply to your message)

It’s really easy to find out who is "in the know" you pay attention to the board and you will find them.

This brings up another point which has really kind of annoyed me. There are posters on here who are kind of enough to pass on the information they hear from various sources. Do i take this information as Gospel, NO!, i take it as little pieces of scoop, or nuggets of entertainment to satisfy my lust for SU fball and bball. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong. (although i must say Jake's call of UK on NN was damn impressive) This is a free site with volunteers who provides their time and resources so we can have a place to chat about SU sports. They don’t have to provide us with info they just do! Posters that trash the presenters of the information need to get off their pedestals and take this information for what it’s worth. I for one appreciate all the information that comes from the Admins and Posters. I digest it and move on. If you want more credible sources i suggest you give the head coach a call and see what he tells you. (Not picking on you Marronesplan, i just happened to reply to your message)
I hear you and my reason for making that post is that I am also tired of seeing others trash those and question those who actually do know what they are talking about. It's a waste of time for them to have to respond to those posters who have no clue.

So my thought was, if you could actually differentiate them in some way from the rest of us, I think there posts would be much more appreciated and we wouldn't have to constantly see the 20+ posts that question there authenticity everytime they are nice enough to pass along information that we wouldn't normally have.

Haven't been actively recruiting him? It's been less than a month that they offered him. I'd say that's when he threw his hat in the ring and why Ogundeko is now going to visit OSU. Nice backtrack though.

Haven't been actively recruiting him? It's been less than a month that they offered him. I'd say that's when he threw his hat in the ring and why Ogundeko is now going to visit OSU. Nice backtrack though.

Whatever you say man. The point I was trying to make is that when a coach offers a scholarship this doesn't mean they are actively recruiting that player. Think about it...schools offers hundreds of kids every year, many of them they offer just to "get in the game" then don't actually start recruiting them until there is proven mutual interest (I.e. a campus visit to OSU). This is even more the case now that the NCAA doesn't allow written scholarship offers until fall of their senior year. Schools like OSU can verbally offer every kid in the country then cherry pick the best. They certainly don't "recruit" all these kids they've "offered".

The test will be what ebenezer's reaction to the OSU is. If he comes back saying stuff like "it was a good visit but osu isn't in my top six" this is a good sign for SU as it most likely means osu didn't like what they saw and dropped him. Happens all the time.

But what do I know...

I'm not going to out him and I know he won't himself and very few people here come clean with their name, rank and serial number.

I'm not going to out Millhouse either, because by now you should all know that it's best not to drop your keys when you're walking in front of him.

Whatever you say man. The point I was trying to make is that when a coach offers a scholarship this doesn't mean they are actively recruiting that player. Think about it...schools offers hundreds of kids every year, many of them they offer just to "get in the game" then don't actually start recruiting them until there is proven mutual interest (I.e. a campus visit to OSU). This is even more the case now that the NCAA doesn't allow written scholarship offers until fall of their senior year. Schools like OSU can verbally offer every kid in the country then cherry pick the best. They certainly don't "recruit" all these kids they've "offered".

The test will be what ebenezer's reaction to the OSU is. If he comes back saying stuff like "it was a good visit but osu isn't in my top six" this is a good sign for SU as it most likely means osu didn't like what they saw and dropped him. Happens all the time.

But what do I know...

I get your point, and I know that just because a school offers a kid doesn’t mean they are actively recruiting the kid, but we’re talking about Ogundeko and Ohio State and you were wrong.

I get it that you have some inside knowledge but I don’t believe you’re as dialed in as you lead people to believe and in the general tone of your posts it’s clear you have some sort of axe to grind. You get around it by saying you post without wearing orange colored glasses.

Now you’re giving yourself insurance by saying that if Ogundeko doesn’t include OSU it’s because ‘they’ dropped him. Some of that is nonsense. I realize that lowly ole Syracuse could never land a kid over OSU but Ohio State doesn’t (and won’t) get every kid they want.

But even so some of this already sounds like your Wayne Morgan posts that he only ended up in Syracuse b/c nobody else wanted him. Is that what you’re going to say with Ogundeko if he ends up wearing Orange?

I get your point, and I know that just because a school offers a kid doesn’t mean they are actively recruiting the kid, but we’re talking about Ogundeko and Ohio State and you were wrong.

I get it that you have some inside knowledge but I don’t believe you’re as dialed in as you lead people to believe and in the general tone of your posts it’s clear you have some sort of axe to grind. You get around it by saying you post without wearing orange colored glasses.

it seems like you have some sort of axe to grind with me. so with that, im done.

John Garcia Jr. (@JohnGarcia_Jr)
4/25/12 6:41 PM
A brief note about Purdue stopping by Jefferson High to see Ogundeko mbd.sc_ut.com/mb.aspx?s=180&…

John Garcia Jr. (@JohnGarcia_Jr)
4/25/12 6:43 PM
#Stanford will see Ebenezer Ogundeko on Friday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors