Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Friar fans are not taking this well.

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

ACCSKS poster on that board is a legend. He's organizing a boycott to keep Cooley out of Providence. Such a strange way to spend your time, but I love it. He's also giving surf lessons, for those who are interested.

ACCSKS poster on that board is a legend. He's organizing a boycott to keep Cooley out of Providence. Such a strange way to spend your time, but I love it. He's also giving surf lessons, for those who are interested.
Even people at Central High School are pissed, that isn't good.

This seems like a good time to ask this:

Now that Jim's gone and Ewing is too... how much longer does the annual SUvGT matchup continue on for? I'd be lying if I said it still felt big or important.

Maybe instead of only playing GT every year we cycle through all the old rivals?

Now that Jim's gone and Ewing is too... how much longer does the annual SUvGT matchup continue on for? I'd be lying if I said it still felt big or important.

Maybe instead of only playing GT every year we cycle through all the old rivals?
Maybe with Cooley there it will become bigger and more importanter.

I think it continues. Red played when the rivalry was red-hot. Cooley is of that vintage. Georgetown will be on the upswing, and hopefully Cuse will be too.

From The Athletic:
What does Providence do now?

Rage and sulk and throw things, for one. This is a blow. Cooley is from Providence. He is one of their own. And now he’s gone, and that is going to make many people angry and leave a lot of hard feelings behind.

How about they organize a preseason thing at MSG and have all the old big east teams participate? The Vintage Big East Invitational...

Rumor has it Cooley was schtupping students at Downtown Providence hotels. Wife gave him a ultimatum to get out of Providence or lose the marriage.

This guy is damaged goods.
Heard a similar story, didn’t know they were students though

Tough day for providence. This is a clear sign that their program has a ceiling. No one will ever be more of a PC guy than Cooley, and he just left.

After the last few years, a PC fan could convince themselves that PC was an upper level Big East program, now it’s clear that will never happen. They’re a bottom tier BE team, and they’ll likely never be better than that.

Ed Cooley to replace Ewing at Georgetown. This is a great get for Georgetown.

I'm sure he's getting a decent raise.

But, I am more and more convinced that the Georgetown job is a dead end job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom