Eddie Lampkin #44 - DC not happy? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eddie Lampkin #44 - DC not happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is staying for 4 anymore. Dumb to think ofhwrwise. Use it as need be
There’s not a player on this roster I’d give it to. Also - who said anything about 4? Im just saying don’t give it to a one year hire.

We are good at taking things that mean something, and making them mean nothing.

the last player I would’ve chosen to give it to was Battle.

Do I think he should have aired his grievances on Twitter rather than through a phone call? No.

Would I be pissed off if I were him? Absolutely.

Giving a one year mercenary who already tried to play the program THAT number probably wasn't a great decision. But whatever. Was probably a non-negotiable for Lambo Ed.

Do I think he should have aired his grievances on Twitter rather than through a phone call? No.

Giving a one year mercenary who already tried to play the program THAT number probably wasn't a great decision. But whatever. Was probably a non-negotiable for Lambo Ed.

If NIL existed back in the 80's, how much do you think DC would have milked from boosters?

DC's just pissed that Lampkin got a much nicer car than he got from Bill Rapp.

I don't think DC was talking about #44 being "retired". He is just not happy that #44 is being worn by someone worthy of wearing #44, either DC thinks Lampkin is not a good enough player to wear that number or Lampkin being a one year hired gun should not wear that number. DC never complain about John Wallace putting on #44.

Not agreeing or disagreeing just stating the context of his tweet as I see it.

People are making way too much of this. We need to win and good players to do it. If he is a damn good player and helps us win a lot more then who cares? If he doesn’t and flames then who is going to remember it? It was his old number and he’s keeping it. Had he been a different number and gotten 44 well then maybe yeah some sourness there but overall this is a nothing burger. Looking forward to more hoops and getting insight into off season progress and less constant whining over the roster construction, NIL commitments and basically stuff that is irrelevant now that the team is almost set.

I don't think DC was talking about #44 being "retired". He is just not happy that #44 is being worn by someone worthy of wearing #44, either DC thinks Lampkin is not a good enough player to wear that number or Lampkin being a one year hired gun should not wear that number. DC never complain about John Wallace putting on #44.

Not agreeing or disagreeing just stating the context of his tweet as I see it.

Meh I think it’s more to do with his other grievances paired with no one asking for permission or making a big story out of allowing it. Had that happened he could have re aired all his other concerns and this didn’t allow for that to happen. Doing it this way to me was better- low key and a kid keeping his number. Not to mention(even being so low key) if anyone thinks Red didn’t explain what it means to wear that number .. come on..

People are making way too much of this. We need to win and good players to do it. If he is a damn good player and helps us win a lot more then who cares? If he doesn’t and flames then who is going to remember it? It was his old number and he’s keeping it. Had he been a different number and gotten 44 well then maybe yeah some sourness there but overall this is a nothing burger. Looking forward to more hoops and getting insight into off season progress and less constant whining over the roster construction, NIL commitments and basically stuff that is irrelevant now that the team is almost set.
Didn't think I was whining but okay

I wish it could have went to a kid from HS, say Donnie Freeman but as Elimunelson pointed out, others have worn it after DC

Id like to use it a recruiting tool seeing how our PF/Cs have not been great lately

Don't we want to win and bring in talent? Telling a player your trying to lure who has worn that number, sorry, can't have it unless DC approves, probably not the best sales pitch when your desperate to make a tournament and have had a drought in the top 25

There’s not a player on this roster I’d give it to. Also - who said anything about 4? Im just saying don’t give it to a one year hire.

We are good at taking things that mean something, and making them mean nothing.

the last player I would’ve chosen to give it to was Battle.
I think Freeman would have been the natural choice... A top10 recruit at the historical power forward position that normally has worn #44?

No doubter.

I mean, I love the number 44. It’s my favorite number. But in reality, I feel like it has always belonged more to football than basketball. I can only remember Coleman and Wallace. Was there anyone else that I am blanking on? So 1996 was the last time it was used? Not like Lacrosse uses it, they use 22 for special players.

With that said, I do think they should at least store it for someone rather than a kid coming in for 1 year that went back and forth with his transfer. He’s a Syracuse player now, but I think the coaches should have been smarter to allow that jersey to be selectable for him. I would always prefer a kid that bleeds orange to wear that jersey. But in my opinion. It will be nice to finally see a 44 again at Cuse.

I mean, I love the number 44. It’s my favorite number. But in reality, I feel like it has always belonged more to football than basketball. I can only remember Coleman and Wallace. Was there anyone else that I am blanking on? So 1996 was the last time it was used? Not like Lacrosse uses it, they use 22 for special players.

With that said, I do think they should at least store it for someone rather than a kid coming in for 1 year that went back and forth with his transfer. He’s a Syracuse player now, but I think the coaches should have been smarter to allow that jersey to be selectable for him. I would always prefer a kid that bleeds orange to wear that jersey. But in my opinion. It will be nice to finally see a 44 again at Cuse.
Winfred Walton would have worn it.

Winfred Walton would have worn it.

And those were the days of “assigning “ the number. This is not that and to me the most innocuous way of it happening with simply just it being a guy keeping his old number. Social media makes this a bigger deal. Eddie isn’t out there making videos of himself as “the next 44” with highlights jdub and DC leading up to it…

How does everyone feel about Hellcat Eddie getting #44? I saw Mike Waters seem to confirm that in a tweet yesterday
Awesome! It's a cool number. Very symmetrical and easy to see on the uniform. Only potential issue I see would be if the big guy wants to get a cut of sales for all SU basketball jersey's with that number on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.