Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal...

Lots of anger during timeouts and being pulled coming from the one who people are surprised is leaving. Very visible during games.

would it help soften the blow if people knew this was happening at other schools?

*ducks*

Orange Sign #11 Recruiting Class - Syracuse University Athletics

Great class coming in plus a transfer. Think Q has it covered. Emily was a bit of a surprise and think that will hurt, but seems like it was not a surprise to those close to the team. Wish the transfers the best.
We do have cardosa and she is the focal point and a start of any team I would try to build So there is that and a good recruiting class coming in But coach always recruited well to sometimes very good and we haven't had the, we haven't gone to that next level yet besides that 1 year we went to title game so I'm wondering what the issue is

Does anybody know if this rule is Sticking around or if it's just because of the virus??? I don't know if I could deal with this every offseason

I thought this thread was the start of a joke like...the first orders a Bloody Mary, the other six beat the crap out of Mary.

Does anybody know if this rule is Sticking around or if it's just because of the virus??? I don't know if I could deal with this every offseason

Permanent rule change.

10 players now. I think Cardoso and Williams will be the only ones left plus the recruiting class and a transfer. Will need more transfers obviously.

There's a 5 page thread on the Women's board that has been tracking all the transfers for a week now.

Not sure if I should merge the two, or leave them both alone.

Leave them both. Several people on men's board do not visit women's board. That is why I posted this here. And the fact it has more than three thousand views ... proves my point.

Last edited:
Poor shooting team...was time for Q to reload...could put a little pressure on UConn if we could of made a layup.
The 2 starting Seniors, Lewis, and Strautmane shot the team out of a lot of games. They both shot about 35% Overall, and about 25% from 3.
Lewis took 240+ shots shooting 35%, and Cardosa took 180+, and shot almost, 60%. That was part of the problem. Q needs to run his offense inside out, and needs players who can hit the 3, not bricklayers.

I think that’s an overstatement. Even recently, while we’ve had guys leave early for the nba, and some transfers in and out, we still have had many players spend a career here. I support players leaving early to go make money if that’s what they want to do. I support kids transferring for academics, or even greener pastures athletically. But this is not getting out of control.

I would not be surprised if we are close to the point where colleges are no longer responsible for their athletic teams. The teams will be operated independently, with corporate sponsors, kids will get paid, contracts will be written and broken, and the only thing the school will provide is an identity for the team - the next step of the Michigan State situation if you will. The Wegmans basketball team, from Syracuse University. Yay! Thanks, but I’ll be out.
I have been thinking the same thoughts. The colleges will rent their facilities and the teams will be privately owned. Too much money involved to masquerade as amateur. I anticipate a player boycott of the tournament and the eventual end of college basketball as we know it.

The 2 starting Seniors, Lewis, and Strautmane shot the team out of a lot of games. They both shot about 35% Overall, and about 25% from 3.
Lewis took 240+ shots shooting 35%, and Cardosa took 180+, and shot almost, 60%. That was part of the problem. Q needs to run his offense inside out, and needs players who can hit the 3, not bricklayers.

Strautmane definitely put it up too much for my taste. I never really sensed she was a great shooter.

And one got rude during the game thread when both teams were playing at the same time and I gave women's game score updates. I am glad this thread is here.
One is so much more masculine when they rip on women’s sports. Who doesn’t say after an insulting comment directed the women’s way, ‘there’s a real man’, in fact just ripping on players in general. :rolleyes:

Strautmane definitely put it up too much for my taste. I never really sensed she was a great shooter.

The combination of poor shooting and poor transition defense was too much to overcome this year. Both NC State and Louisville games looked very winnable but the issues that plagued them all year stuck around. That first UNC game was more telling than thought.

10 players now. I think Cardoso and Williams will be the only ones left plus the recruiting class and a transfer. Will need more transfers obviously.
There are a couple of other players on the roster that are also planning, last I knew, to return.

I think this is where we are today:

Centers
Kamilla Cardoso

Forwards
Priscilla Williams
Amani Bartlett
Latasha Lattimore

Guards

Teisha Hyman
Shalexxus Aaron
Julianna Walker
Shayeann Day-Wilson
Laura Salmeron
Kiara Fisher
Nyah Wilson

Hoping Djaldi-Tabdi sees that the SU system is perfect for her and that she will get a lot of PT as the backup center, with some extra minutes at PF. We really need someone else at center. Bartlett or Lattimore could fill in if really needed, but this would not be ideal.

Could also use another forward. Guessing we will go with 3 guard lineups quite a lot.

Day-Wilson, Salmeron and Fisher can all play point and it should be a great battle between them to get the starting job.

Hyman is a terrific defender, espeically when SU presses, which they do most of the time.

Williams, Aaron and Walker are all really good outside shooters. I expect our outside shooting to be dramatically improved. With all the new players, it is going to take some time to get roles defined and get the newbies comfortable with the offense and the 2-3/press.

My guess is we start out slow and get steadily better as the season progresses.

There are a couple of other players on the roster that are also planning, last I knew, to return.

I think this is where we are today:

Centers
Kamilla Cardoso

Forwards
Priscilla Williams
Amani Bartlett
Latasha Lattimore

Guards

Teisha Hyman
Shalexxus Aaron
Julianna Walker
Shayeann Day-Wilson
Laura Salmeron
Kiara Fisher
Nyah Wilson

Hoping Djaldi-Tabdi sees that the SU system is perfect for her and that she will get a lot of PT as the backup center, with some extra minutes at PF. We really need someone else at center. Bartlett or Lattimore could fill in if really needed, but this would not be ideal.

Could also use another forward. Guessing we will go with 3 guard lineups quite a lot.

Day-Wilson, Salmeron and Fisher can all play point and it should be a great battle between them to get the starting job.

Hyman is a terrific defender, espeically when SU presses, which they do most of the time.

Williams, Aaron and Walker are all really good outside shooters. I expect our outside shooting to be dramatically improved. With all the new players, it is going to take some time to get roles defined and get the newbies comfortable with the offense and the 2-3/press.

My guess is we start out slow and get steadily better as the season progresses.

couldn’t lattimore play some center? She’s 6’4.

couldn’t lattimore play some center? She’s 6’4.
Yes. I don’t think she is a back to the basket type but 6’4 is plenty tall enough for the ACC and get, this, she is really athletic and can dunk. Pretty sure she will be the first woman at SU to dunk in a game.

Yes. I don’t think she is a back to the basket type but 6’4 is plenty tall enough for the ACC and get, this, she is really athletic and can dunk. Pretty sure she will be the first woman at SU to dunk in a game.
Bartlett, Lattimore, and Cardosa are going to get a lot of rebounds, and they all can run. With Day-Wilson, Salmeron, and if Fisher comes back Syracuse should get a lot of fast breaks.

Great game just now.

I had South Carolina moneyline idk how their best player blew the game on that putvack.

Hope uconn loses.

That was a really good game. Heartbreaking end for SC but I've always liked Tara VanDerveer so I wanted Stanford to win.

Yea 7 is a lot, something doesn’t pass the sniff test here. I hope they do exit interviews with the ADs office
The NCAA rules for this portal is what is smelling so badly. They basically let anyone transfer for the fun of it. If you check the portal is is overwhelming the number of kids wanting to show their All-American skills at another college.