Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal...

Something is clearly wrong and behind the scenes something we don't know about obviously because you don't get a whole team to flip like the way this went down! JW better start to look into this. Yes it's women's college basketball but cardosa she was like a program changer. She is one of those players back it take you to the top and she's gone.
I mean this transfer portal has pretty much killed Syracuse Athletics as a whole this year

I am serious, with this transfer portal I cannot stand it. They should change the name when you commit to a school! it's not a commitment anymore, it's a choice because kids are just coming in for one year and just packing up and going to wherever n it's straight chaos imo. That is not a commitment!

Something going on with SU Athletics. Women’s hoops loosing most of it’s valuable players, including our starting center. Men’s lacrosse has issues and other sports not playing up to expectations. Sure COVID is an issue; however it’s an issue for all athletic departments. Something is going wrong with SU Athletics, in general. Any insights?

Last night’s Stanford-Arizona game was a fun game to watch. That game seemed to come in waves for each team - a huge Stanford wave, then a Arizona comeback throughout. Aari McDonald was definitely slowed down by the great defense of Anna Wilson but Aari would lead these waves trying to come back. After Wilson went out after an injury, Aari and Arizona really took advantage. Glad she wasn’t seriously hurt and was able to come back but her presence again slowed down Aari again particularly on that last play. That Haley Jones for Stanford, a 6’1 point guard was a force inside and out. Amazing ball handling for her height.

A little disappointed in that closing play by Arizona, Aari was swarmed and if I could see a replay I imagine someone else on Arizona had to be open. I also wondered why Arizona let Stanford use the entire clock in their last play without fouling (they even had one to give) leaving Arizona with only 5+ seconds left in the game to score. Great final though.
The last play was a coaching error. In a similar situation Jordan passed to his wide open point guard (Paxton orwas it Kerr), who proceeded to sink the winning shot at the buzzer. This loss falls on the coach. Obviously McDonald was going to be smothered.
McDonald ended up as the third pick in the draft, going to Atlanta. Loved her volleyball tap pass against UCon. A classic right up there with the hike.

Actually it seems since JW got here all the sports programs are imploding, football, men's basketball, men's lacrosse, women's basketball.
Maybe JW needs to take a long look around his department.
The women’s basketball team has played in every NCAA tournament that has been held, the men’s team has been to a pair of sweet 16s, and the football program had their best season since I could walk during his tenure. And he has as good of ties as you can get with ESPN.

And yes I’m aware of the counterpoints to what I said, just pointing out “implosion” is a reach.

ADJW probably hasn’t exceeded expectations but there’s no reason to start questioning his job at this point. Or anytime soon.

The women’s basketball team has played in every NCAA tournament that has been held, the men’s team has been to a pair of sweet 16s, and the football program had their best season since I could walk during his tenure. And he has as good of ties as you can get with ESPN.

And yes I’m aware of the counterpoints to what I said, just pointing out “implosion” is a reach.

ADJW probably hasn’t exceeded expectations but there’s no reason to start questioning his job at this point. Or anytime soon.
Was going to respond, but this is perfect

Cardoso leaving also this is huge news something is seriously wrong with women’s hoops for them to lose 12 players that’s ridiculous. It’s sad this isn’t being discussed more

yeah, but other than that, we are imploding

Between Cardoso on the basketball team and Carney on the lacrosse team what a brutal day for Cuse women’s sports. Sheesh

Actually it seems since JW got here all the sports programs are imploding, football, men's basketball, men's lacrosse, women's basketball.
Maybe JW needs to take a long look around his department.
Don't forget baseball, golf and wrestling. Those teams haven't won any matches in years. What's JW doing about that.

Let's see...losing players to Miami, Duke, Clemson and Louisville...bringing in players from USC, AZ St and Texas Tech. No wonder Q is good with that.

Need some accountability across all sports. Don’t get the love for Wildhack on here, except he’s a nice enough guy and has done all you need to do from a PR perspective. But since he arrived, our Olympic sports have gone downhill and the premier sports are on a slippery slope. Big next couple years.