Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Eight Syracuse players (women) enter the Portal...

UConn and S Carolina losing was sweet.

1617421178833.png

That little #2 for Arizona, McDonald, mesmerized me from the very start of the game. What a player! She was the best player on the court - what a feel for the game and impacting so much on both offense and defense. Best player on the court wasn’t playing for UConn last night. Impressed by the smallest player on the court.

Agree with you, Cherie. She was so much fun to watch. And clearly the best player on the court.
Wow how things have changed. I looked up her height and it said that she was 5’6“ tall and she looked tiny. I was 5’6 1/2” tall and in college and had to switch to center from shooting guard/forward when our center was in foul trouble. She was all of 5’10”. Now the female guards are usually at least 5’9”- 5’10” tall. I was told I rebounded too well and was too tall to play point guard back in the Middle Ages in college. UConn’s starting guards were the 5’11” Buecker and 6’ Westbrook - amazing. They only have 1 girl who’s under 5’10“, a 5’8” freshman, who didn’t even play. The game has sure changed and I’d be happy to reach up and hand them all their water and towels now. :p

Just loved the way Aari McDonald played. She was playing defense most of the night on the 5’11” star Buecker and still managed to double and hedge effectively on even taller UConn players and harass the heck out of them. She was so composed and so darn quick along with an awesome basketball IQ out there. Will be really interesting if Stanford’s Anna Wilson (Russell Wilson’s sister) will be able to contain her much better. She’s closer to her height (5’9”) and is known more for her defense than offense.

There is a new player in the transfer portal from Ohio State, Dorka Juhasz, 6-4 forward from Hungary, good scorer, and rebounder 11 per game. Would be a nice pickup, a Junior has played 3 years.

Last night’s Stanford-Arizona game was a fun game to watch. That game seemed to come in waves for each team - a huge Stanford wave, then a Arizona comeback throughout. Aari McDonald was definitely slowed down by the great defense of Anna Wilson but Aari would lead these waves trying to come back. After Wilson went out after an injury, Aari and Arizona really took advantage. Glad she wasn’t seriously hurt and was able to come back but her presence again slowed down Aari again particularly on that last play. That Haley Jones for Stanford, a 6’1 point guard was a force inside and out. Amazing ball handling for her height.

A little disappointed in that closing play by Arizona, Aari was swarmed and if I could see a replay I imagine someone else on Arizona had to be open. I also wondered why Arizona let Stanford use the entire clock in their last play without fouling (they even had one to give) leaving Arizona with only 5+ seconds left in the game to score. Great final though.

I don’t follow women’s basketball but I never thought I’d see basically an entire roster enter the transfer portal. Wow!

UGH.

Ok, so this is WAAAAAAAAAAY worse than losing Kadary.

Cardoso is like Lady Shaq.
Massive loss for the program.

I dunno what went south w Coach Q and his ENTIRE TEAM, but there’s no way to put a positive spin on this now.

UGH.

Ok, so this is WAAAAAAAAAAY worse than losing Kadary.

Cardoso is like Lady Shaq.
Massive loss for the program.

I dunno what went south w Coach Q and his ENTIRE TEAM, but there’s no way to put a positive spin on this now.

Yeah not good to lose Cardoso at all.

as someone who doesn't follow SU Women's hoops at at all...
There must be something pretty bad going on for this kind of mass exodus - what is it?

The 1972 Marshall Football team had more returnees than this team. Agree something definitely doesn’t pass the sniff test.