Class of 2018 - EJ Montgomery to Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 EJ Montgomery to Kentucky

Didn’t the whole billy Preston interest kinda just come out of no where like this as well?

We have a perfectly solid big man prospect right in NJ whom Francis has touted. Valdir Manuel. We should be all over him, unless we are sure he's going to Seton Hall.

I'm not saying this wouldn't be an incredible option because he would be. But if we are going for Montgomery, it signals this staff is recognizing a need, so we should be going all out for options like Manuel.

We have a perfectly solid big man prospect right in NJ whom Francis has touted. Valdir Manuel. We should be all over him, unless we are sure he's going to Seton Hall.

I'm not saying this wouldn't be an incredible option because he would be. But if we are going for Montgomery, it signals this staff is recognizing a need, so we should be going all out for options like Manuel.
Agree. If they know of a need. They need to cast a wide net.

Agree on this 100%. But I guess the question here is if we didn’t know about Montgomery maybe we don’t know about others?

He blocks Bazley in here. Wonder if they have a relationship

I don't know but after Princeton played Wheeler last year Darius said, "I was really looking forward to playing those guys." He had 11 pts, 10 reb, 5 ast, 3 stl, 1 blk. Montgomery had 18 points.

The strength of the 2018 class we already have may entice Montgomery. I'm super glad we (apparently) have reached back out to a higher rated big, one that decomitted. I was hoping this was a possibility... that the scandal and strength of our class could make other options available. If we don't land Montgomery... ok. But, if true, I'm thrilled that we put ourselves back in the ring. Go Orange!!!

Last edited:

I would think we have room for 2 at this point if they would both be willing to come. Frontcourt depth remains pretty thin.

I would think we have room for 2 at this point if they would both be willing to come. Frontcourt depth remains pretty thin.

There is no evidence we are recruiting either of them. Again, this Montgomery prediction just popped up out of the blue.

I just noticed that EJ Montgomery went from #32 last night to #16 today in the ESPN 100 rankings. He moved up 16 spots overnight. It looks like 247sports is setting the bar on these recruits and that lends more credence to the crystal ball prediction by 247 showing us at 50% w Auburn. I am more and more intrigued by this as well as hopeful. He would really cap an awesome 2018 class. Next year could be a special one if we snag this kid, not that it already won't be! Hoping this is real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom