Class of 2018 - EJ Montgomery to Kentucky | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 EJ Montgomery to Kentucky

We have a perfectly solid big man prospect right in NJ whom Francis has touted. Valdir Manuel. We should be all over him, unless we are sure he's going to Seton Hall.

I'm not saying this wouldn't be an incredible option because he would be. But if we are going for Montgomery, it signals this staff is recognizing a need, so we should be going all out for options like Manuel.
We should be all over him regardless of seton hall. We were sure Lonnie Walker was going to NOVA and look what happened

Around the web I saw "6'10 8th Grader" for this kid. Did he stop growing before high school?

Either way, it would be an awesome get. With Duke having the #1, 2, 3, and 8 ranked recruits in the country(Bazley is up to 9 now), it'd really benefit us to land another Burger Boy if we hope to compete with them. I hope this is true(and/or other recruits we aren't aware of), and hope Boeheim can be a closer. 6'10 with a handle and a jumpshot?!? If played at center out of necessity, from what little I've seen, he might remind me more of Lydon than Rick Jackson at center, in that he doesnt seem like a bruiser down low. I'd gladly take that if JB and friends dont have anything else in the oven!

Also curious what OttoInGrotto can do with a nickname for this kid!

Last edited:
It looks like he can run the court well, and likes to dunk. Nice hands for a big man, something we've missed from time to time. Time to be like your buddy K, JB, and be a closer! Make the Orange great again!

EDIT: I just saw this link was already posted today, but being I quoted part of the article, I'm posting to give it credit.

Borzello predicts him to land at either Duke or Kentucky with 20 percent confidence. Others involved include Wake Forest, South Carolina, USC, Georgetown, Memphis, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Arkansas.
E.J. Montgomery is now a real option for Kentucky

The article paints him a lot better than the UK or UNC forums Ive read, where members are not sure if they'd want him. Wouldn't it be nice to have articles written about us where this guy is called an "option"? lol

How many times are they allowed to change their predictions before a commitment.
That’s where i think the “average days correct” category comes in. Or at least for our sakes I hope.

Thinking that may be an average of number of days he held his correct prediction before the player’s announcement.

FYI Mike McCallister was just on Brent Axe's show and was asked about EJ. McCallister said at bare minimum the SU coaching staff will be reaching out to EJ to gauge his interest. He reiterated that the prediction caught him off guard too but that Dain is one of the most accurate predictors. Interesting to see what happens in next month or so.

FYI Mike McCallister was just on Brent Axe's show and was asked about EJ. McCallister said at bare minimum the SU coaching staff will be reaching out to EJ to gauge his interest. He reiterated that the prediction caught him off guard too but that Dain is one of the most accurate predictors. Interesting to see what happens in next month or so.
The guy works in his network, why wouldn't he reach out to Dain and ask him directly? Makes no sense

If our staff hasn't even reached out to Montgomery to gauge his interest, how can someone predict him 100% to SU?

If our staff hasn't even reached out to Montgomery to gauge his interest, how can someone predict him 100% to SU?

That's the mystery, but McCallister said maybe Dain knows some one in the Montgomery camp. Basically nothing adds up but somehow this guy made this prediction with confidence.

466F038D-F7E6-4D2C-AB4A-A4F9306ECD34.gif
This is from the kid. Talk about falling in to your hands.

I'm hoping the kid saw that behind Duke and UK, Syracuse has the next most consecutive 1st round NBA draft picks in the past decade. That there is large quantities of PT available the minute he walks through the Dome's doors. And that he would be playing in the best conference in the nation.

Last edited:
This is from the kid. Talk about falling in to your hands.

?? Is this some sort of smokescreen from the kid? How many kids from Georgia randomly pine to come to Cuse out of the blue, with no sort of connection. If the staff isn't pursuing this at this stage, I have doubts there is anything here. Hope there is something to this, but not getting my hopes up.

?? Is this some sort of smokescreen from the kid? How many kids from Georgia randomly pine to come to Cuse out of the blue, with no sort of connection. If the staff isn't pursuing this at this stage, I have doubts there is anything here. Hope there is something to this, but not getting my hopes up.

Crazy theory that is not true: Jordan Tucker feels bad he didn't pick cuse so he told Montgomery to go to cuse. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom