Elijah Hughes: Bucks | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Elijah Hughes: Bucks

Great effort by the Jazz and particularly Hughes.
Hughes single handedly crushed my under 105.5 bet, but at least I got the Raptors -11.0.

Helped a bit by the Raptors defensive "system" of overhelping, leaving way too many open 3's (against everybody).

He's only tradeable in a package with a guy on a bigger contract.

Many teams with small TPE' out there that can get a deal done with no other contracts being involved. But that would assume the Jazz would move him for a second rounder.

Hughes led the team with 41 mins. Ended up with 26 pts, 8 rebs, 4 asts on 9-15 shooting including 7-12 from 3.
The Jazz never play him but they have seen him excel during summer league plus I think he scored 40 in a G League game this season. Hopefully he is the heir apparent to Joe Ingels' minutes.

Many teams with small TPE' out there that can get a deal done with no other contracts being involved. But that would assume the Jazz would move him for a second rounder.
There's a running joke that the Jazz only trade away 2nd rounders to offload bad contracts, so it would be pretty rare for them to actually trade one in.

Tomorrow Utah plays at Indiana. Hughes vs Brissett.

Utah was gassed in the fourth quarter tonight. Guys that don't typically play huge minutes played hard up to that point and ran out of gas Now they have to it again on a back to back.

Could be pretty ugly for them (and Hughes) tomorrow due to the b2b factor.

Utah was gassed in the fourth quarter tonight. Guys that don't typically play huge minutes played hard up to that point and ran out of gas Now they have to it again on a back to back.

Could be pretty ugly for them (and Hughes) tomorrow due to the b2b factor.
All or most of the regulars will be playing tonight for Utah. That was the plan. But hopefully Eli will start getting a little PT.

All or most of the regulars will be playing tonight for Utah. That was the plan. But hopefully Eli will start getting a little PT.
Appears to be quite a few Jazz fans in the Twitter world who want Snyder to play him over Trent Forrest.

In the NBA, contracts rather than talent often dictate playing time for the 2nd tier players

Appears to be quite a few Jazz fans in the Twitter world who want Snyder to play him over Trent Forrest.
It's more like anyone but Forrest. There was a discussion last night with the Jazz beat writer but he is still sticking with Quin Snyder's decision to give Forrest meaningful minutes every night which so far is hard to see. When Hughes plays (which has been mop up) it's as a three. If Ingels has to sit because of Covid hopefully Eli gets some run. Forrest is taking minutes from Butler as the 4th guard.

C3AC56EA-3975-4847-9FA8-645A070785D3.png

Lineup going crazy.

Eli's midseason grade is an "A". Just wish he would play more often, like last night. Ingles is really struggling. Put in the young stud from the Cuse.

Eli getting some 1st and 2nd quarter PT as the still shorthanded Jazz try to figure things out.

Eli getting some 1st and 2nd quarter PT as the still shorthanded Jazz try to figure things out.
And now Joe Ingels went down with what looked like a pretty serious knee injury so Eli should get increased PT in the near future. 1st half he played 8 minutes and had two points and two rebounds on 1 for 2 shooting with a nice follow up.

Eli to Portland
I'm sad the Jazz traded him but hopefully he gets more consistent playing time. I think he has the skills to be a rotation player but Quin Snyder is a lot like JAB and doesn't really play too many past his key guys so Eli didn't get many opportunities even with all their injuries and covid guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom