Embarrassed about our fan base | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Embarrassed about our fan base

As soon as folks on this board come to terms with what Syracuse University is, and where it is, they will be less disappointed to only see 38k in the Dome for Rutgers this weekend. I don't disagree that recruits want to play in a packed house in front of 100,000 fans, but the reality is that is not what Syracuse is. .

Forget 100,000 fans because that's not really what we're talking about here. The real thing that should be focused on is the gap between 38K and the 50K-ish capacity of the Dome

Traffic in Syracuse is horrible. Every time I hear or read that on these boards it makes me laugh.

44cuse

Word up.

Comical compared to major cities.

Since 1999.

Just because someone wants to get out early to avoid traffic does not mean they think traffic is bad in Syracuse in comparison to other cities.
Where did I say anyone said that traffic was bad in Syracuse compared to other cities? Never said that. I said there is no traffic in Syracuse. And there isn't.

44cuse

Kind of like the the tarp idea, unless it's a giant "HERB" PHILIPSON'S logo.

40,000 gets loud as hell, just wished it looked better on TV.

Hopefully things will change. I drove up from North Carolina(I am from the West Coast) to attend a Syracuse game. I stopped at a gas station as soon as I crossed into New York. To my horror, I could not find any Syracuse gear(hat, shirt, nothing). As I made my way to Syracuse, I saw ONE Syracuse sticker on someones car! I thought I was back home on the West Coast.

I know that the East and West Coast are not into college sports like the Midwest and the South. East and West are more into Professional Sports. Hopefully things will change. Of course living in the South, you forget that there are Professional teams.

Where did I say anyone said that traffic was bad in Syracuse compared to other cities? Never said that. I said there is no traffic in Syracuse. And there isn't.

44cuse

That's the implication and argument everyone someone brings up this stupid topic. "Syracuse traffic is nothing like New York's!" Um, yeah, no kidding. I've never heard anyone in the Dome say "Alright, I have to leave early to beat traffic. I wish I lived in New York City, traffic down there is nothing like it is here in Syracuse!"

OK, well...that's not what I am/was bringing up. People leave (and have discussed on whichever board we were on at the time) the Dome in effort to avoid traffic. I just find it funny.

44cuse

When we reach the point where we're only losing recruits to programs like Alabama and other SEC/Big Ten programs, then your argument will be more relevant. I hope we get to that point. THEN we can all whine about attendance.

We lost one last year, Ishaq Williams. We don't know why he chose Notre Dame, but lack of fan support could've been a factor. It may have happened again with Jarron Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom