End of the game | Syracusefan.com

End of the game

kcsu

Living Legend
Just watched the last 5 minutes again. As the buzzer sounded and the little end of game Shenanigans were happening there was some obvious confusion by the Refs who actually looked like they were considering a possible video review. JB could have gathered with his players who some seemed like they weren't sure the game was over. Instead Jim headed towards the other bench and did the congratulatory congo line. Brilliant move. If you have time check it out.

I thought Girard May have dropped the ball on the in bounds pass and it hit the end line. That’s what ND was questioning.

I thought there was a pause before they got in line. Then the announcers said game over was indicated by refs, then line ups.

I thought Girard May have dropped the ball on the in bounds pass and it hit the end line. That’s what ND was questioning.

Play started with 1 second on the clock, so what if he did dribble on the end line. Can you inbound the ball, have the recipient control the ball and then have it go out of bounds in less than a second?

Whatever happened Mooney was livid; clearly he thought ND would get ur back

All I know is, I stopped breathing when Marek inbounded the ball directly under our basket down 2 points with a 1 second left.

Also, if we didn't allow ND to roll the ball up to half court each time, that play wouldn't have even existed.

All I know is, I stopped breathing when Marek inbounded the ball directly under our basket down 2 points with a 1 second left.

Also, if we didn't allow ND to roll the ball up to half court each time, that play wouldn't have even existed.
This^. Girard finally did on the inbounds after his FTs. We allowed them to save at least 10-15 seconds of game clock letting them roll it past half court. It's better to leave a spot somewhat open up top and make them eat clock. It also forces the ball handler to split his focus between the token pressure and finding an open man. When you're up 8 with 30 seconds left the clock is more important.
And on the inbounds from the corner Marek is better off lobbing it far into the offensive half court and creating a scramble than turning it over the way he did. Our inboundung leaves a LOT to be desired. It's always an adventure.

And another point, the home run lob was open on one of the inbounds plays where ND didn't have anyone deep and Hughes' guy was fronting him.

JB allowing the team to roll the ball up to mid court is maddening. I just don't see any advantage, other then getting your players set, to allow the other team additional time to score.

less than a minute 2 pg lineup, Especially with 2 timeouts left.
Love the home run ball, but I don't trust Guerrier's handle or his hands in no mistakes mode.
One and one's suck. They really should reward 2 shots inside of a minute of the second half.

Last edited:

Yeah - inbounding under our basket is a huge no no. Glad it didn't bite us.

My guess is we allow the ball rolling to occur to make sure they can't beat us down the floor to get a shot off before we're full set in the zone. It's not like man, we need all the components locked in for it to work as a system. Not saying it's right or wrong, but I can understand it. You are giving them back time to ensure a better zone.

I hated the play where we had like 3 seconds or less on the shot clock and Buddy passed the ball in to Sidibe. You need to run the picket fence in that situation.

Last edited:

It's ridiculous that we allow the opposing team to roll the ball up into the front court with no time off the clock instead of having 1 guy apply pressure. But JB is never going to change on this.

Yeah - inbounding under our basket is a huge no no. Glad it didn't bite us.

My guess is we allow the ball rolling to occur to make sure they can't beat us down the floor to get a shot off before we're full set in the zone. It's not like man, we need all the components locked in for it to work as a system. Not saying it's right or wrong, but I can understand it. You are giving them back time to ensure a better zone.
They can rifle a pass to someone in the vacated spot and either shoot wide open or pick the zone apart. They'd probably have to practice it for it to be that simple but I'm assuming that's what JB's afraid of.

Did anyone notice the jackwad Goodwin wouldn't shake JABs hand at the end in the handshake line?
Looks like a handshake to me...

1579803716530.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom