Ennis - It hit me today. | Syracusefan.com

Ennis - It hit me today.

He is one cool cucumber. I see the Triche in him too. Not as an insult, but he plays the old man game. Smart and poised.

He is one cool cucumber. I see the Triche in him too. Not as an insult, but he plays the old man game. Smart and poised.

Maybe what Triche could have been if he hadn't been asked to be more of a shooting guard - something that he never seemed truly comfortable with - I could see that.

I like the Edelin comparison. Billy seemed much bigger though.

Ennis I think is better than the players listed above except Mj. He set the bar so high already that he was a tiny bit sloppy today with his decision making according to his standards. Credit the St Johns defense as well for that. Ennis came up huge though with his scoring and ft's.

I really don't see much Edelin in him. Edelin couldn't knock down a jumper to save his life, he was stronger than Tyler, and Tyler is a bit quicker. Edelin also finished in the paint better than Tyler has shown so far. The only things I see as similarities are their exceptional court vision and basketball IQ.

I really don't see much Edelin in him. Edelin couldn't knock down a jumper to save his life, he was stronger than Tyler, and Tyler is a bit quicker. Edelin also finished in the paint better than Tyler has shown so far. The only things I see as similarities are their exceptional court vision and basketball IQ.

Yea, agree with this. I think they have some similar body language and are both very good point guards. But their games aren't really very similar. Likewise Z, who was much more comparable to Edelin than Ennis but really not the scorer either of the latter two are.

If you need to compare him to a Syracuse point guard, maybe senior-year Allen Griffen?

Edelin, Triche, Sims...let's just compare him to every light black PG we've ever had!

I see a pinch of Sonny Spera in him
images

the man, the myth, the legend - the battle of the #23s

it hit me today. this frosh is gonna have to play 40 minutes all season. i remember flynn being out of gas.

Last edited:
it hit me today. this frosh is gonna have to play 40 minutes all season. i remember flynn running out of gas.

Flynn had to make it all happen on that team, otherwise it didn't happen. And even with that Flynn would get carried away such as when he frequently tried to dunk on the entire team and missed.

Ennis doesn't have to carry the team in the same way Flynn did, and doesn't have that tendency to overextend himself either.

Ennis reminds me of the Buddha: in control and command of the whole court, cool in the face of adversity, fearless in the face of death. He is thinner, though, he doesn't have that roly-poly stomach.

Edelin was fat, slow, and absolutely could not finish.

Sorry, but the comparison is not a good one.

Honestly I can't really think of anyone that you can compare his game to. He is a unique player who is very developed for this stage of his career. I know it's saying a lot, but the only player I can think of is John Stockton

Not sure I people realize that he just toys with whom ever is guarding him. He can get to the basket virtually at will. He's as. Good as SU has had here.

tyler is a unique talent. i'm completely comfortable with the ball in his hands. yes he made some bonehead passes today and yes his D still needs some work. and yes he was shut out today. but the kid shows promise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom