Ennis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis

Ennis' HS coach told him that that SU would be a good fit for his game as reported in Zagsblog:

St. Benedict’s coach Mark Taylor told SNY.tv. “Those two (Ennis and Noel) [potentially]playing together
it’s a great fit.”
“Noel will fit in great because of his ability to block shots with that zone they play. I told Tyler it fits his game as well with his length on defense and his IQ and his anticipation playing that zone. And his ability to run out of that zone. It’s a great fit for both of them and playing together it would hard to beat that.” Always good to have the rec of the HS coach.

Ennis' HS coach told him that that SU would be a good fit for his game as reported in Zagsblog:

St. Benedict’s coach Mark Taylor told SNY.tv. “Those two (Ennis and Noel) [potentially]playing together
it’s a great fit.”
“Noel will fit in great because of his ability to block shots with that zone they play. I told Tyler it fits his game as well with his length on defense and his IQ and his anticipation playing that zone. And his ability to run out of that zone. It’s a great fit for both of them and playing together it would hard to beat that.” Always good to have the rec of the HS coach.
unfortunately they would never play together. Maybe he feels the same way about goodluck?

The long interview that Garcia did with him on Scout seemed like we are in as good a possition as we could be in with Ennis.

Ennis appears to have really liked the 'Cuse visit...infact he missed a game to come here and it was an unofficial visit:
1. 33,000 fans and student section impressed him
2. Watched the guard play and liked that they could be creative and not follow a system...not be robots
3. Said JB told him that Scoop, Triche and probably Waiters will not be there when he comes--thus lots of minutes available with only MCW and Cooney as guards
4. Front Court already has very good players and more likely on the way
5. Close to home--parents can visit and see games
6. Father taking over recruiting and trying to set up trips to Arizona and Louisville

Overall...Ennis seems to really like 'Cuse.
Beautiful thanks... now can ya do the same with the Noel article? lol. Greatly appreciated

Fact-
2013 Dion Triche and probably MCW will be gone.
Leaving Cooney with a couple of backcourt fresh.

Surprised none of the top 012 guards are knocking.

Fact-
2013 Dion Triche and probably MCW will be gone.
Leaving Cooney with a couple of backcourt fresh.

Surprised none of the top 012 guards are knocking.
Don't see MCW as likely gone after just his So. season. Possible sure, if he completely blows up next year, but not likely.

Don't see MCW as likely gone after just his So. season. Possible sure, if he completely blows up next year, but not likely.

I think MCW is back too. He needs muscle on his frame. The NBA would eat him alive.

Sounds like Ennis is doing his homework.Go ahead and verbal Tyler, he has every indication of a Cuse lean. Looks like a great fit for both. Nice when it works out like that.

Our recruiting is absolutely stellar right now.

I think MCW is back too. He needs muscle on his frame. The NBA would eat him alive.

Sounds like Ennis is doing his homework.Go ahead and verbal Tyler, he has every indication of a Cuse lean. Looks like a great fit for both. Nice when it works out like that.

Our recruiting is absolutely stellar right now.
I get the feeling that if it were 100% up to Tyler he'd verbal now. But I think his dad (and I have no prob with a dad doing this) wants him to do his due diligence and visit a few other places before making a decision. Don't have an inside source, just how it seems to read from the outside.

Where's MCW going? He's going to be great, but I wouldn't say it's probable he'll turn himself into a certain 1st round pick in one year.

I know were all wrapped up in the Nerlens Noel sweepstakes but we really kinda need a guard in the next recruiting class. Any idea on how his visit was? I see hes also tweeting with Cuse players, specifically Rak. Man, Rakeem must have some personality...every recruit is hittin him up.
Great, the big recruits are buddies with the SU guy that gets benched after 1 min of play EVERY game, and another that got into a shouting match with the coach. Kentucky should feel better about this than us.

Great, the big recruits are buddies with the SU guy that gets benched after 1 min of play EVERY game, and another that got into a shouting match with the coach. Kentucky should feel better about this than us.
But those are also guys that will have MUCH bigger roles by the time Noel or Ennis are playing college ball.

Agree, I'm about as high on MCW as you can get but it's not easy to make that big of a leap from Fr. to So. years. Dion and Jonny come to mind, but both played a lot more as freshman than MCW has.

Worst case scenario for Ennis if he comes to SU is that MCW stays for 3-4 years and he has to be the 3rd guard for likely one, max 2 years. Not a bad deal at all.

I get the feeling that if it were 100% up to Tyler he'd verbal now. But I think his dad (and I have no prob with a dad doing this) wants him to do his due diligence and visit a few other places before making a decision. Don't have an inside source, just how it seems to read from the outside.
I wonder how many recruits put Hawaii on their list? I would!

Agree, I'm about as high on MCW as you can get but it's not easy to make that big of a leap from Fr. to So. years. Dion and Jonny come to mind, but both played a lot more as freshman than MCW has.

Worst case scenario for Ennis if he comes to SU is that MCW stays for 3-4 years and he has to be the 3rd guard for likely one, max 2 years. Not a bad deal at all.
Sherm played more than MCW but nowhere as much as JF or Dion as a frosh and he was the real deal from day 1 of his sophomore year.

Really any kid who doesn't use all 5 of his official visits is making a huge mistake. Those are fun ass weekends. But I agree, sounds like dad wants him to shop around but that he is likely sold. Speculating as well.

That is what it seems like to me as well. And if that is the case then good for his Dad he should be looking after his sons best interest and trying to get him to make the most informed descion possible.

Where's MCW going? He's going to be great, but I wouldn't say it's probable he'll turn himself into a certain 1st round pick in one year.
not saying he will or won't but if Dion is gone he will be thrust into 30+ mpg and have every chance to move his way high in the draft