Ennis | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis

Do you?
His handle is shaky at best against a good defense.

Wrong. He has had some freshman moments but his handle is exceptional for someone his size & length.

He's extremely thin.

Good thing this isn't football. Kevin Durant may be the best player in the NBA, he's not the biggest guy and he was a beanpole when he got drafted.

Wow. You're using Kevin Durant and Steph Curry as examples? He's not either of them.

YOU'RE the one who brought up him being thin, he provided two stud lottery picks proving its irrelevant.

He's not exactly a great shooter.

Very wrong. He started the season cold, again the freshman effect, but he has been a great shooter his whole career.

How did this Ennis post turn into a MCW debate post????

Because Ennis' recruitment may come down to when MCW is expected to leave.

Wrong. He has had some freshman moments but his handle is exceptional for someone his size & length.

Good thing this isn't football. Kevin Durant may be the best player in the NBA, he's not the biggest guy and he was a beanpole when he got drafted.

YOU'RE the one who brought up him being thin, he provided two stud lottery picks proving its irrelevant.

Very wrong. He started the season cold, again the freshman effect, but he has been a great shooter his whole career.

Because Ennis' recruitment may come down to when MCW is expected to leave.
Wrong on so many levels. His handle far from exceptional, he doesn't respond to pressure all that well.

Kevin Durant is special. Good comparison.

NBA guards would absolutely eat him up

Whole career? What career? He's a decent shooter but let's hold off on using great to describe anything.

Hopefully he continues to develop and in a year or two he could possibly warrant NBA talk, but at this point it's crazy.

I went way overboard EVEN before the ST. Johns game. I'm proud of it.

You are arguing what exactly? You say yeah he might be good enough to make the NBA. We are saying he will be good enough to play in the NBA, scratch that he is good enough IMO (he just needs to mature and his game take the normal course of action)

If you can't watch him and see an extremely skilled, tall and lengthy PG with above average vision and passing skill then I'm confused. I think maybe you just need to watch more games, like a few more years of watching players develop. His skill set and height had scouts attention before he stepped foot on a college campus.

You can see he hasn't played enough to get comfortable and in the flow. You can tell he is getting used to the speed of the college game, once he hones in his occasional running high dribble and tweaks his jump shot he will be an all league talent.
You probably should stop arguing a point in the future where your are likely going to be wrong. Scouts, JB and others are the ones who you are really standing against not just a few lushes on a message board.

I went way overboard EVEN before the ST. Johns game. I'm proud of it.

You are arguing what exactly? You say yeah he might be good enough to make the NBA. We are saying he will be good enough to play in the NBA, scratch that he is good enough IMO (he just needs to mature and his game take the normal course of action)

If you can't watch him and see an extremely skilled, tall and lengthy PG with above average vision and passing skill then I'm confused. I think maybe you just need to watch more games, like a few more years of watching players develop. His skill set and height had scouts attention before he stepped foot on a college campus.

You can see he hasn't played enough to get comfortable and in the flow. You can tell he is getting used to the speed of the college game, once he hones in his occasional running high dribble and tweaks his jump shot he will be an all league talent.
You probably should stop arguing a point in the future where your are likely going to be wrong. Scouts, JB and others are the ones who you are really standing against not just a few lushes on a message board.
My whole point was to question how somebody said he would be a beast in the NBA...now. Sorry but I've watched enough basketball to know he's nowhere near that level at this point. I'm not saying he won't get there, but it's not as surefire as some of you think. How about we let him develop before start throwing out the terms beast or great. He's not great at anything at this point. Here's hoping he gets there.

MCW is 6'5 176. As a freshman. He's the best passer and ball handler on the team. He can shoot, and drive to the rim. Yes, he has the skills to be a beast in the NBA.

Wow. You're using Kevin Durant and Steph Curry as examples? He's not either of them. If you can't see how shaky his handle is against better defense/competition you should quit watching basketball. I've never said I didn't like his potential here, but I don't see this sure fire NBA player like you apparently do.
I am not comparing him to kevin durant, but the fact that kevin durant is top 5 NBA player debunks your theory about being too skinny

My whole point was to question how somebody said he would be a beast in the NBA...now. Sorry but I've watched enough basketball to know he's nowhere near that level at this point. I'm not saying he won't get there, but it's not as surefire as some of you think. How about we let him develop before start throwing out the terms beast or great. He's not great at anything at this point. Here's hoping he gets there.
no one in this thread said he could be a beast now, unless I missed that

MCW is 6'5 176. As a freshman. He's the best passer and ball handler on the team. He can shoot, and drive to the rim. Yes, he has the skills to be a beast in the NBA.

Wow, are you related to him? I guess JB must have his personal reasons then to pretty much sit his best passer and ball handler, not to mention his shooting prowess and ability to consistently get to the rim. This is such an enigma, I'd really like to get JB's take on this, especially with MCW's tract record in so many games this year that matter. Moreover, as JB always says, he plays his best players and who can help the team's chances in winning right now...interesting...

You guys are acting like a bunch of jerks. MCW will be a very good player. If JB says he can be an nba player i would take his word for it. He is rarely if ever wrong when assessing talent. Stop being toward MCW. He is going to prove you wrong. He's a freshman who barely gets minutes, and would start for most teams in the country.

Wow. You're using Kevin Durant and Steph Curry as examples? He's not either of them. If you can't see how shaky his handle is against better defense/competition you should quit watching basketball. I've never said I didn't like his potential here, but I don't see this sure fire NBA player like you apparently do.

He would start for ANY other team in the country and be a great player. JB has the luxury to bring him along at a slower pace. If you can't see that he will be a solid NBA player than you have no vision.

Based on the minutes he's played his stats are fantastic. And I don't see his poor handle you do. His assist-to ratio says your wrong.

Wow, are you related to him? I guess JB must have his personal reasons then to pretty much sit his best passer and ball handler, not to mention his shooting prowess and ability to consistently get to the rim. This is such an enigma, I'd really like to get JB's take on this, especially with MCW's tract record in so many games this year that matter. Moreover, as JB always says, he plays his best players and who can help the team's chances in winning right now...interesting...

Boeheim has pretty consistently started upperclassmen over freshman. MCW on pretty much any other team in the country, would be starting. Whenever he's been in games this year, he's shown tremendous court vision. He's shown great ball handling. He's shown the ability to shoot, and drive to the rim.

You guys are acting like a bunch of jerks. MCW will be a very good player. If JB says he can be an nba player i would take his word for it. He is rarely if ever wrong when assessing talent. Stop being toward MCW. He is going to prove you wrong. He's a freshman who barely gets minutes, and would start for most teams in the country.

Not being fatuous, just making an assessment based upon fact that MCW is currently not in the starting lineup, nor gets much of any playing time at the moment. It's not to say that he isn't good or doesn't have the potential of being in the NBA some day...it remains to be seen. I hope he has a great career at SU and beyond...However, to say that he's currently the best passer and ball handler on the team, along with being a very solid shooter and penetrator, yet somehow can't get into the lineup is a bit perplexing imo, especially, again, when JB says that the best players play now.

Boeheim has pretty consistently started upperclassmen over freshman. MCW on pretty much any other team in the country, would be starting. Whenever he's been in games this year, he's shown tremendous court vision. He's shown great ball handling. He's shown the ability to shoot, and drive to the rim.

MCW starting on any other team in the country is pure speculation and your opinion, not a matter of fact. JB consistently plays his best players, no matter what class, hence, Pearl, Coleman, Moten, Carmelo, GMac, Forth, Triche, etc., etc. I'm not debating that MCW isn't a good ball handler, passer, shooter, etc., just not the best as your eluded to, otherwise, he would be playing...no matter what his class status is...it's completely irrelevant.

Scoop is the best passer and Scoop or Dion r the best ball handlers

Wow some of you are nuts. Sorry if I hurt your (or MCW's) feelings. You're right, he's without question a future NBA all star.

Nothing wrong with this. I tend to agree. I expect MCW to be a very good player but Livingston was sort of an athletic PG freak at the time before he was derailed.

Having seen both MCW and Livingston play during their JR and SR years in high school, I would say that there was an uncanny resemblance between the two. Livingston wasn't as good of a scorer but had slightly better court vision. Both very impactful players who could completely control a game. I look forward to seeing him take over the PG position next year. I have little doubt that he's going to be a very special player at SU, which is really the only thing I care about. If he ends up being an NBA level talent, that's great - but let's see how he progresses when he gets real playing time first.

MCW starting on any other team in the country is pure speculation and your opinion, not a matter of fact. JB consistently plays his best players, no matter what class, hence, Pearl, Coleman, Moten, Carmelo, GMac, Forth, Triche, etc., etc. I'm not debating that MCW isn't a good ball handler, passer, shooter, etc., just not the best as your eluded to, otherwise, he would be playing...no matter what his class status is...it's completely irrelevant.

Pretty much no one in your list came into a situation like MCW's where there were THREE established players already ahead of them.

@TheRecruitScoop
Villanova was in to see St. Benedict's (NJ) duo Tyler Ennis, a 2013 PG, & Isaiah Briscoe, a 2015 PG, yesterday.

Meh. I think we're at a point where we are not competing in recruiting with Nova any more. An offer from us will make it unlikely the kid goes there. Hopefully UCONN will be at that point as well in a couple of years.

MCW is going to be a absolute stud. He may be the best passer in college ball this year or one of the top 3 anyway if he isn't a fresh. Scoop is a absolute awesome distributor and MCW may already be better.

He just needs the experience to start showing.
Seriously the guy almost doesn't have a ceiling right now its so high.