Ennis | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ennis

not saying he will or won't but if Dion is gone he will be thrust into 30+ mpg and have every chance to move his way high in the draft
30+ for MCW next year?

Possible, but I think Triche leads the G's in PT (mostly because he can play the 1 and the 2) and I think Cooney will get 15-20 mpg.

30+ for MCW next year?

Possible, but I think Triche leads the G's in PT (mostly because he can play the 1 and the 2) and I think Cooney will get 15-20 mpg.
I don't mean 35, I mean like over 30, if Triche and MCW play 30 each that still leave 20 for Cooney

The soonest MCW leaves, IMO, is after his JR. year. He has the skills to be a beast in the NBA. Not quite yet, though.

The soonest MCW leaves, IMO, is after his JR. year. He has the skills to be a beast in the NBA. Not quite yet, though.

A beast? I like the kids upside, but what exactly do some of you see in him that even remotely deserves mentioning the NBA?

A beast? I like the kids upside, but what exactly do some of you see in him that even remotely deserves mentioning the NBA?
You don't see many 6'6" PG's in the NBA. But I want to see him play more before I say he's a no doubt 1st round pick. He's certainly show flashes of passing, scoring and court vision though.

JB called him a future NBA player. Good enough for me. He has height, handle, above average passer, court sense, good athlete. Needs to bulk up, get experience and work on shooting. I imagine a huge leap from Fr. to Soph. and certainly considering the jump after Jr. year. Nowadays anyone who stays 4 years tends to hurt their stock. They are older. And teams wonder why they had to stay 4 years.

do you watch the games?

JB called him a future NBA player. Good enough for me. He has height, handle, above average passer, court sense, good athlete. Needs to bulk up, get experience and work on shooting. I imagine a huge leap from Fr. to Soph. and certainly considering the jump after Jr. year. Nowadays anyone who stays 4 years tends to hurt their stock. They are older. And teams wonder why they had to stay 4 years.
Who knows how he'll develop, but at this point his frame and handle don't exactly scream NBA. Not saying it won't happen but some here are convinced he's the second coming based on a pretty good game against St Johns. I like his potential at this level, but not at the next.

Who knows how he'll develop, but at this point his frame and handle don't exactly scream NBA. Not saying it won't happen but some here are convinced he's the second coming based on a pretty good game against St Johns. I like his potential at this level, but not at the next.
I don't think his frame hurts him at all.

do you watch the games?
Do you?
His handle is shaky at best against a good defense. He's extremely thin. He's not exactly a great shooter. I'm not saying he won't improve with experience--he most certainly will but that doesn't explain or warrant any NBA talk at this point.

But I forgot he played well against a freshmen laden St Johns team.

Nba scouts were most impressed with fab and mcw when they came to practice before the year..ill believe them

Nba scouts were most impressed with fab and mcw when they came to practice before the year..ill believe them
We'll see. I'm not rooting against the kid, but NBA talk is crazy at this point. Let's see how he plays next year before we predict him "being a beast" in the NBA.

Do you?
His handle is shaky at best against a good defense. He's extremely thin. He's not exactly a great shooter. I'm not saying he won't improve with experience--he most certainly will but that doesn't explain or warrant any NBA talk at this point.

He's pretty highly regarded. Like I said JB called him a future NBA player and you have to respect that. I agree that he has only shown glimpses in limited minutes.

We'll see. I'm not rooting against the kid, but NBA talk is crazy at this point. Let's see how he plays next year before we predict him "being a beast" in the NBA.

I agree, scouts just love his size and potential thats all

He's pretty highly regarded. Like I said JB called him a future NBA player and you have to respect that. I agree that he has only shown glimpses in limited minutes.
No question. But some people went overboard after the St Johns game. It will get better with experience, but his handle needs a lot of work. And to the guy that said his frame doesn't hurt him--it will at the next level. Rautins wouldn't have sniffed the NBA if he didn't bulk up significantly.

MCW seems like a poor-man's Shaun Livingston. He doesnt have his athletic ability, creativity, or court-awareness yet but he can get there. Livingston came out of h.s. and was a hyped lotto pick. He was also slowly turning into a heck of a player until that nasty knee injury derailed his career.

MCW seems like a poor-man's Shaun Livingston. He doesnt have his athletic ability, creativity, or court-awareness yet but he can get there. Livingston came out of h.s. and was a hyped lotto pick. He was also slowly turning into a heck of a player until that nasty knee injury derailed his career.

Are you serious? MCW is not anyone's poor man. He is athletic and an excellent passer and if we get Noel he will be a huge reason. Big men love to play with skilled point guards and Noel knows how good MCW is. He won the skills challenge in the Mickey D's game and has the potential to be our best PG in a very long time.

MCW will have a much better NBA career IMO.

JBs short leash limits his confidence. Next year I think we all will be impressed.

Do you?

shaky at best? he has 48 assists to 15 TO

extremely thin? Kevin Durant is thin right? steph curry? thin means nothing if you are good enough

his shooting has been shaky, but it is hard to get a rythym in limited minutes

he is not an nba beast, but when he has gotten minutes he has shown his well rounded game, passing, rebounding, defense, can get in the lane and has shown glimpses of the shot you read about in high school

Henson is wickedly skinny as well.

Do you?

Thats about my assessment too - looks like Devo with the ball - frail - looks like u can rough him up and take it from him with ease - and I don't see blazing pg speed either

Nothing wrong with this. I tend to agree. I expect MCW to be a very good player but Livingston was sort of an athletic PG freak at the time before he was derailed.

shaky at best? he has 48 assists to 15 TO

extremely thin? Kevin Durant is thin right? steph curry? thin means nothing if you are good enough

his shooting has been shaky, but it is hard to get a rythym in limited minutes

he is not an nba beast, but when he has gotten minutes he has shown his well rounded game, passing, rebounding, defense, can get in the lane and has shown glimpses of the shot you read about in high school
Wow. You're using Kevin Durant and Steph Curry as examples? He's not either of them. If you can't see how shaky his handle is against better defense/competition you should quit watching basketball. I've never said I didn't like his potential here, but I don't see this sure fire NBA player like you apparently do.