Eric Dungey has an agent... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey has an agent...

Watching that #7 backup QB (Hill) for the Saints a couple of times this season, maybe this is how Dungey can get his foot in the door in the NFL? Eric is athletic & well built just as Hill.

and 1/2 as fast
I get your point but I wouldn't say half as fast. Half as fast would be the Mannings/Bradys of the world. With his build, shiftiness and above average speed he might be able to pull it off. I'm curious if he can get into one of the D-league style leagues that are popping up. Alliance and that other one.

I get your point but I wouldn't say half as fast. Half as fast would be the Mannings/Bradys of the world. With his build, shiftiness and above average speed he might be able to pull it off. I'm curious if he can get into one of the D-league style leagues that are popping up. Alliance and that other one.

You get my point, it's been pretty well documented that Hill is perceived as the best athlete on the Saints and the fastest guy on the team. That's saying something. While I believe in Dungey, think he is a very very good athlete and wish him nothing but the best, there is a tangible difference between the two and not a GREAT comparison. Dungey is a better QB than Hill, IMO just not the athlete

You get my point, it's been pretty well documented that Hill is perceived as the best athlete on the Saints and the fastest guy on the team. That's saying something. While I believe in Dungey, think he is a very very good athlete and wish him nothing but the best, there is a tangible difference between the two and not a GREAT comparison. Dungey is a better QB than Hill, IMO just not the athlete

I know that Hill is fast, but if he was the fastest guy on the team, then you would think that he would have had a play this year that went for more than 40 yards (which he did not). I know that he only had 37 rushes and 3 catches, so it's a smallish sample size.

Looking back on their respective senior years, from a rushing standpoint, they were pretty similar. Hill with 137 carries for 603 yards (4.4 avg) and 8 TD's and Dungey with 184 carries for 754 yards (4.1 avg) and 15 TD's. From a passing standpoint, Dungey had 550 more yards passing on 1 more attempt, with 18 TD's and 9 INT's versus 12 TD's and 11 INT's for Hill. I know that 40 numbers mean a lot, but if there is a spot in this league for Taysom Hill, then I could easily see there being one for Dungey.

Curious to see how this shakes out. If he performs well in his workouts, he has a chance of moving up quite a bit. I'm thinking 4th would be his ceiling for the draft, but who knows.

Curious to see how this shakes out. If he performs well in his workouts, he has a chance of moving up quite a bit. I'm thinking 4th would be his ceiling for the draft, but who knows.

This seems to be the year for a qb like ED to be coming out. Most shallow qb draft in years.

needs a stellar pro day , this is his best chance

I know that Hill is fast, but if he was the fastest guy on the team, then you would think that he would have had a play this year that went for more than 40 yards (which he did not). I know that he only had 37 rushes and 3 catches, so it's a smallish sample size.

Looking back on their respective senior years, from a rushing standpoint, they were pretty similar. Hill with 137 carries for 603 yards (4.4 avg) and 8 TD's and Dungey with 184 carries for 754 yards (4.1 avg) and 15 TD's. From a passing standpoint, Dungey had 550 more yards passing on 1 more attempt, with 18 TD's and 9 INT's versus 12 TD's and 11 INT's for Hill. I know that 40 numbers mean a lot, but if there is a spot in this league for Taysom Hill, then I could easily see there being one for Dungey.
How many RBs had 40 yard gains this year?

Any thoughts on if NFL teams may see him more in a TE role?

Any thoughts on if NFL teams may see him more in a TE role?
Doubtful. That could change if his pro day numbers (speed/agility) pop out.

I think he just needs a shot to land on a team where his heroics may catch some fire during a down season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom