Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA

"Dungey was a sought-after signing despite not getting picked at last week’s NFL draft, though Giants coach Pat Shurmur played a big role in bringing the young passer to New York."

I wonder if they might use him in a Hines ward type role. Not saying he will be Hines ward but that type.

That was preseason right? We smacked the Lions pretty good that night. I was driving through Connecticut.
You know, I honestly can't remember.

has a FA rookie QB actually ever made a final roster? Not practice squad, which would be great btw

Hines Ward??? Do you mean Kordell Stewart?
Nah I don't see him getting many reps at qb too much invested in Jones. He's going to have to make it at another position or in a Tatum hill roll.

has a FA rookie QB actually ever made a final roster? Not practice squad, which would be great btw

off the top of my head, nick mullens did eventually and ended up starting several games for the 49ers after Garoppolo got hurt.

Odds are slim of him sticking, but it sounds like Shurmur really liked him behind the scenes. Even the Giants boards are stoked about picking him up.

Dungey is a warrior with a fiery, competitive spirit. That, along with his athletic talent, cannot be taught.

Don’t rule him out just yet. I am completely against Jones. Still baffled by that one. Dungey had several options and ultimately decided on this one because of Shurmur. Says something about him and his agent’s due diligence.

Seems like a great spot for him. Even if Giants only carry 2 QB’s and are committed to Jones, Dungey can stick on practice squad until injury or next season when Eli is gone whichever comes first.

Do we know what # he’s wearing ?

Truly thrilled for the kid.

Every year, developmental QBs get drafted late or sign as UFAs.

Even practice squad would constitute Dungey "making it." Hope he makes the most out of his opportunity -- I'm certain that whatever happens, even if he doesn't it won't be for lack of effort.

It’s great news and a situation that could get interesting in a hurry. He will def be a practice squad guy no matter what unless he blows them away in camp and Jones got hurt. I’m sure he will have a few playbooks

My guess is that ED has a year to be a backup. I think the Giants still have the kid from Richmond and that is ED’s competition for #2. Eli plays this season and Daniel Jones “red shirts” like Eli did with Kurt Warner. Dungey could be Eli’s backup, but a lot of that will depend on who of he and Jones picks up the offense first. I am curious about the Russell Wilson connections. I believe the Giants were VERY interested in picking up Wilson this off-season. Last, the Giants are rebuilding their locker room. I wonder if that was also a factor in their interest in Dungey?

How many QB's did the Giants carry on the active roster last year? 2 or 3? He should at the very least be able to compete for that QB3/practice squad spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom