Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey to the NY Giants UDFA

My guess is that ED has a year to be a backup. I think the Giants still have the kid from Richmond and that is ED’s competition for #2. Eli plays this season and Daniel Jones “red shirts” like Eli did with Kurt Warner. Dungey could be Eli’s backup, but a lot of that will depend on who of he and Jones picks up the offense first. I am curious about the Russell Wilson connections. I believe the Giants were VERY interested in picking up Wilson this off-season. Last, the Giants are rebuilding their locker room. I wonder if that was also a factor in their interest in Dungey?
Didn't Wilson and the Hawks end all that talk when he signed a long-term contract a couple of weeks ago. I don't understand all the cap stuff and franchise tags but what I thought was that the only way Wilson moves is a trade now.

This genuinely brought a smile to my face. I'm not a Giants fan but if he makes the team I'm purchasing his jersey ASAP. And I refuse to bet against Dungey so I have confidence he can pull it off!

Save your money until he makes it onto the final roster.

Trey Burton was a QB at Florida who moved to offensive weapon while there.
He was an undrafted FA who made the Eagles and then signed a good FA contract with Chicago.
Dungey could be a weapon as a TE.

Some people are just football players, and Dungey strikes me as that kind of guy. Julian Edelman has had a pretty darn good career at WR after being a college QB. Wonder if Dungey could stick as a Frank Wycheck-style H back/TE. Glad he's getting a shot.

Don't mean to bring up a sore subject (although I may be in part, I guess), but it seems to me that if the Giants are willing to sign him after protracted discussions which:
  • Concluded as reported with the head coach of the Giants closing the deal, and
  • Includes the possibility of him playing TE, then:
  1. They probably have some kind of real plan for him - he may not simply be another run of the mill UFA.
  2. The whole concussion fear that we had for him may have been overdone.
I think he's gonna stick somehow, and I hope to check him out in the first preseason game.

Don't mean to bring up a sore subject (although I may be in part, I guess), but it seems to me that if the Giants are willing to sign him after protracted discussions which:
  • Concluded as reported with the head coach of the Giants closing the deal, and
  • Includes the possibility of him playing TE, then:

1. They probably have some kind of real plan for him - he may not simply be another run of the mill UFA.
  2. The whole concussion fear that we had for him may have been overdone.
I think he's gonna stick somehow, and I hope to check him out in the first preseason game.
It is overdone. ED had issues with stingers not concussions. That's one of the reasons why Coach E put so much shoulder and neck work in ED's S&C program.

You can count the number of concussions he suffered on one finger.

Didn't Wilson and the Hawks end all that talk when he signed a long-term contract a couple of weeks ago. I don't understand all the cap stuff and franchise tags but what I thought was that the only way Wilson moves is a trade now.
I only meant that the Giants seemed to like the potential of Wilson in their offense (pre-deal) and that Dungey was out west training with Wilson's academy/QB coach. Wondering if there was communication between the two parties that convinced them to take a shot on ED.

They're going to find a way to keep Dungey on the roster. TE, WR, QB... anything. He could blossom into the Taysom Hill role.
WR ? Noooooooo way

Giants are saying he will compete with Lauletta and Tanny for a backup QB spot. If he can't beat them out, he can't epxect an NFL spot at QB. Money will have nothing to do with that battle.

Lauletta underwhelmed in his cameo last year. Actually, soiled the bed might be a better way to think about it. Plus, he go into trouble with the law for some goofy driving infraction that I believe got him arrested.

What's he gonna do when he looks over his shoulder and sees this:

Screenshot_20190503-151046~3.png

Get that spot ED.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors