Ernie Davis Tribute | Syracusefan.com

Ernie Davis Tribute

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
When you get a chance, you should check out the Ernie Davis tribute on suathletics.com. It's free and very well done. There are also some interviews with Marv Albert, Art Monk, Billy Hunter and Dave Bing. I didn't realize the reason Bing came to SU was because he was recruited by Mackey and Davis. Just by watching the video, you can just feel how special a young man Davis was. I wish I could have watched him play football or just sit down and have a conversation with him. A very special human being.

SU should play the video at the half of the junior visitation day at the dome.

I agree. Both clips are very good.

When you get a chance, you should check out the Ernie Davis tribute on suathletics.com. It's free and very well done. There are also some interviews with Marv Albert, Art Monk, Billy Hunter and Dave Bing. I didn't realize the reason Bing came to SU was because he was recruited by Mackey and Davis. Just by watching the video, you can just feel how special a young man Davis was. I wish I could have watched him play football or just sit down and have a conversation with him. A very special human being.

SU should play the video at the half of the junior visitation day at the dome.

Hey can you put up the link??

Bing said at the event that Davis played a huge role in getting him to SU. He came from an all black HS in DC and was being recruited by SU who didn't have any black BBall players at the time. He was hosted by Davis in May (which was wise because there was no snow).

Bing said at the event that Davis played a huge role in getting him to SU. He came from an all black HS in DC and was being recruited by SU who didn't have any black BBall players at the time. He was hosted by Davis in May (which was wise because there was no snow).

Ernie's impact on this school was enormous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom